Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Water Gardens: Does anyone want any Madame Wilfon Gunnere waterlily?

Communities > Forums > Water Gardens
bookmark
Forum: Water GardensReplies: 31, Views: 404
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #9188535

I have many. Will trade for pond or land plants. Thanks!

Thumbnail by roxxanne
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9188573

Roxxanne...
OH... how about a trade for a wonga wonga vine.. I have one from seed this spring... about a foot long now..
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9188902

Hey Gordon,long time no hear. How ya doin? I'd love a wonga wonga vine. My address is the same, it's in the addy exchange. I'll get your out this week.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 3, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9190888

Gordon, I will wait til Monday to send your trade. I think the holiday will screw up the post office.
Eclipse
Norwalk, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 5, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9194145

I have "Little Tut" papyrus plants in 6 inch pots?interested?

Kyle :-)
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9194991

Sure!
Eclipse
Norwalk, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9195129

D mail sent
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9200332

your wonga woga vine is folded into a mailing tube and priority posted monday.. look for it say wednesday..
if not before or after..
I'm hoping they are pink or white flowering one.. I don't think they said when I bought the seeds... guess I'll overwinter it inside somewhere it's an evergreen.. where it's a bit warmer

Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Click an image for an enlarged view.

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #9201084

Coool!!!! Your pkg's all went out today. I have all the confirmation numbers if we need them. Watch your mailboxes on Thursday.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 12, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9202403

Got my Wong Wong vine and my Papyrus yesterday. They are both gorgeous! My mail man has to hate me! Thank you so much for the trade. I forgot to include some mosquito pellets with these. LMK if you will be putting these lilies in a container instead of a pond and I will send them out right away. I got a great deal on some a few years ago and have tons.
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 12, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9202443

Well.. OK... Glad the Wonga Wonga vine did OK... I'm always somewhat amazed when things get there looking good... given the number of chances for somehing to shift or get to them...
It's container grown I guess... really a tiny pond/container... I've got it laced with the mosquito dunks already as I use them for the black fly larvae also..I've got plenty.. I did see some water lilies in a nursery the other day... I lifted the roots out of their water container... and saw the space made way by it's removal was replaced by billions of mosquito larvae... buy one plant there... and get billions of insects with it...
thanks for the trade
Eclipse
Norwalk, IA
(Zone 5b)

July 12, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9202898

No problem here.

Kyle :-)
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 12, 2012
9:37 PM

Post #9203498

Thanks for the trade guys!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 16, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9207154

would love a water lily too = won'd have much to trade would pay and as I am new to water gardening,i'd love some information.I moved in with my DD and they have a beautiful spring fed pond. Can make you a couple of quilted place mats as that is my new hobby.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9211925

Placemats or postage, it's up to you. I'll get it out on Monday. It's the last one.
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2012
10:12 PM

Post #9212055

Roxanne... yes.. mine arrived just fine... the temperatures reached in the water here... might be a bit on the high side.. but I'm hoping it will be OK.. OH>>>BTW...[ for future reference... having a tracking # for me here is a bit of a problem .. it means the plant isn't left in the buildig... if I'm not here... but a note... and it's not available later that day ... but it has to be gone in for at the post office... so it spent another two days and then the weekend there.. before I could get it from them where I'd have saved three days without tracking... but we're good to go here now... thanks for the offering...

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 20, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9212462

thank you roxanne. I'll send you postage for now. will follow up with placemats. I moved in with DD and my sewing room is not quite finished. We have a closet company do some build=ins just now. This being in Lebanon NJ

perhaps you would guide me as to how to plant it. We have a natural, spring fed pond.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2012 12:35 PM
pondlove
Lewes, DE

July 20, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9212543

I would love one of your plants, but I don't have anything to trade. I'll be glad to pay for postage. Let me know.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 21, 2012
4:56 AM

Post #9213116

Sorry Gordon.Didn't know that.They always just leave mine. I won't do that anymore unless someone asks for it. Good to know! If the plant doesn't make it LMK. My pond for these is a small kiddy pool so it's used to very warm water.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2012 6:58 AM
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 21, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9213297

oh..glad to hear it's familiar with warm water .. mine is not terrible.. after 100*F air temps and 150*F roof temps of last week.. I've still got blooms in the pond.. it's about 16" deep and a triagular thing with maybe 30" sides maybe 40 " across the front... it looks like it
's doing well.. I should have had better soil in it's basket and now I'll find some lilly tabs for feeding it.. but it seems to be unfolding and putting out some growth.. so I'm sure it's just fine..
I might have already reached the qualifing number of kills to keep my membership in the I kill 100 plants a year club.. so it should be OK... How are your great Passi's doing.. I've got fruits setting from Temptation all over.. I seem to have some voluntees comming along.. it's exciting to await seeing who they are..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

July 26, 2012
8:25 PM

Post #9219986

My passies are doing well. I now have that giant incarnata, temptationx with fruit and flowers all over, caerula, unk white, altocaerula, phoenicia, amethystina minas gerias, anastasia, vitifolia scarlet flame, thuriaia, white crown, miniata, jennifer grace & clear sky. I going to get a few more when grassy knoll has their fall sale. My brugs on the other hand really need repotted so they aren't looking as good. I did get some seeds of some spheros from Alan Ashworth and despite the heat wave I have a few seedlings doing ok. I wish I didn't have to work so I could just stay home and play with my plants!
One of my customers came into my shop yesterday and had a Grimaldi's pizza t-shirt on. She said it's in Brooklyn and is fantastic. Heard of it?
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #9236202

MMMM i rember writting a reply to the Grimaldi's pizza question...might have said yes.. I know and have enjoyed their pizza... there are others I likebetter.. but it's purely a matter of preference.. there are so many great ones... I must have a dozen or two within 5 blocks of me.. this might be my favorite and three blocks away..http://www.yelp.com/biz/lucali-brooklyn-3 want basil on it.. also.. it arrives with almost a basil salad on it... thin crust rustic wood oven.. there are other greater ones also...
so the lily is doing great... it's picked up after inserting the lily tabs I found when down to mothers.. now fighting for surface space..
thanks again...

Thumbnail by GordonHawk

chinabitbit
Fridley, MN
(Zone 4b)

August 11, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9238432

Hi Roxxane,

Mine bloomed today, my very first waterlily bloom.
Thanks again.

Thumbnail by chinabitbit

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9238680

Isn't she pretty?! You are very welcome!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

September 21, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9282338

thank you, I received my water Lily today. Will send postage.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

September 21, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9282554

You are welcome!
mclowdis
Minneola, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
7:41 PM

Post #9389771

If you have any of these this spring I would love to have one!
Michelle
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
6:22 PM

Post #9390649

I'll keep you in mind but I think I only have one left for myself. :-}
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9415129

Michelle, contact me mid May and I'll send you one for postage.
Mittsy
mclowdis
Minneola, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2013
8:59 AM

Post #9415361

Thank you, will do!
Michelle
ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 12, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9417019

If you Yankees need any floating water plants, let me know.
Our Florida winter was very mild thanks to el nino.
We are overgrown with water lettuce and water hyacinth and some other stuff.
Our goldfish produce abundant fertility.
Need dwarf water lilies.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn   Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

mclowdis
Minneola, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2013
8:24 AM

Post #9417649

I don't have any dwarf water Lilly's but I would be willing to pay postage for water hyacinth and lettuce when it's warm enough to send.
Michelle

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 364 Jul 24, 2014 8:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America