Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Designer rain barrels: more pretty than practical: Run off

Communities > Forums > Article: Designer rain barrels: more pretty than practical
bookmark
Forum: Article: Designer rain barrels: more pretty than practicalReplies: 1, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
brutusmother
Grand Rapids, MI
(Zone 6a)

July 2, 2012
6:32 AM

Post #9189661

My main reason for getting rain barrels was to reduce the run off into the river. I made mine at a work shop with my neighborhood association. Coca Cola donated all of the barrels and the cash outlay was minimal for the rest of the items needed to make the barrels. I love my rain barrels! They aren't the prettiest but I have been thinking about painting the outside of them over this winter with a paint for plastic.

Thumbnail by brutusmother
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9189732

That's great! Every little bit must help the river. The sudden flushes of storm water are detrimental.

Thanks for the picture. It gives us hints on home rain barrel designs. I like your "downspout."

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Designer rain barrels: more pretty than practical Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting perspective... podster 13 Jul 6, 2012 12:42 PM
an excellent article vossner 3 Jun 28, 2012 1:11 PM
Difference between districting. Gitagal 2 Jun 29, 2012 12:37 PM
Texas drought steadycam3 2 Jul 2, 2012 5:21 AM
Rainbarrels bvrl687 4 Jul 3, 2012 8:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America