Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Weather: July Weather- one word, HOT!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 159, Views: 1,125
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 2, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9190483

New thread.
Stay indoors with air on.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 2, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9190498

No change. lol. It's getting old saying that. Ugh.

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 2, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9190675

This evening was actually nice outside with a nice breeze & the temp. was in the mid-90's... Finally got some rain the last 2 days, more than the .06 for the month of June...

This message was edited Jul 2, 2012 9:38 PM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2012
10:04 PM

Post #9190769

No change here, either. Hot, dry, smoky...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 3, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9190957

Aye , same of same.hot, sunny.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9191360

Right Now: 89°/95°/75°
Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. Hot. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Thanks Bernie!

Pepper,
You really have my sympathy We aren't going to get any more rain either.

Hi Kevcarr!

Celia,
We had a pretty moon last night, but it was too dark to get a picture.
Sadly, that's a pretty cloud layer.

We were out early this morning watering. I rode the bike, and right off stopped to talk to a neighbor who is down visiting his parents. Then on to talk to a girl who's gotten plants from my free pile. I went to school with her in her town and she ended up living in my town running the old tavern. She took Master Gardener classes which suprised and delighted me :o) Then my broyther hollered out as I went past that Andy Griffith died. I came home and made dinner and coffee and am going out pretty soon to see how hot it is.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 3, 2012
11:22 AM

Post #9191449

Would be nice to have some consistency in the weather. Yesterday started off dry and we got to thinking that maybe summer had arrived. It was raining by noon and then we had a really heavy period of rain mid afternoon and then backed off to continuous light rain through the night. Streams are running again. I'm not even going to guess what the weather will be like today. All I know is its a day off and I want to get out into the garden. Also have to weed wack the grass along the roadside.
Photo hike postponed.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 3, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9192006

Hotter than yesterday and boy did we feel it!! The air conditioners were having a hard time keeping up at work and a bunch of us felt a bit sick today.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 3, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9192043

Not a bad day here at all. We've had morning, afternoon and evening thunderstorms and have received quite a bit of rain.
Looks like highs around 90° for the next few days.

Stay cool people!

Photo: I stepped out the door and into my backyard and found this a few mornings ago.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2012
3:07 AM

Post #9192335

Nice now near 100 again for today ,index are getting to 108 to 112, that's much too much!! I don't deal well with the heat.
You all stay well and have a good Independence Day " Happy Birthday Uncle Sam"

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2012
3:16 AM

Post #9192339

early_bloomer; Didn't see that the first view, is that tree leaning on the gazebo? IF so "my goodness" Nice garden view!, but that morning wasn't your favorite, I would imagine. if so.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9192343

77°/99°/75°
Plenty of sunshine. Hot. Heat index near 105F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

Mike,
I hear you on wanting to get out. I see where all the rain is staying, LOL!

Pepper,
Take crackers to work. I get that nausous feeling too and usually have a cheese stick to put some substance in my stomach. Or I get into the hot pepper cheese and crackers.

Early,
God smiled in your back yard. That is so beautifully peaceful!

Hot today! I'm dressed, finishing my cup of coffee and will be out watering many many plants today that can't take another hot dry day :o(

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 4, 2012
1:53 PM

Post #9192994

Variation is our only consistency. Today is beautiful. Sunny, warm. Actually had the lawnmower out in a light drizzle yesterday. Had to do something.

Maybe I can help cool things down with the thought of a Maui Punch (the name of this Canna)

And a cool ride across the prairie in a Conestoga Wagon (Just finished this over the weekend)

Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9193032

No the tree is about 20' behind the gazebo. :-)

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Fourth!

early_bloomer

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 4, 2012
3:20 PM

Post #9193090

Early_bloomer - I also did not check out posted pics before my entry. That photo is amazing. What kind of tree is it? and the crosses?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9193173

Even hotter today. Heat index around 111. Will be even worse tomorrow and thru the weekend.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9193828

billy- I had finished my coffee and was watering plants about an hour before--have to be at that early,man is it getting hot.

microb- your choice of tropicals must be endless,I'd be spinning in circles trying to decide what to have in the garden .how in all things to choose from all that beauty. gorgeous Canna!

early- The shadow of the tree made me think that I guess, that is one magnificent look for a serenity meditation.!!

pepper- I guess we get to play who gets hotter weather.WOW!!!

At 11;00 AM Heat index 110 temp. 96 degrees . that is the Timex thermometer in the garden. humidity is disgusting, heat rise breeze about 1or 2 mph. sunny enough to grill on metal. Great weather for all you solar chef's

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2012
1:33 PM

Post #9194233

Well I'm back for a minute (when am I not) (LOL) Timex says temp is 105 degrees ...heat index 116 degrees at 4:20pm.

I'm not arguing or working in that outside either!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9194576

Hot.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 5, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9194624

microb...The tree is a River Birch. the "crosses" are actually what I put up for the clothes-lines.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 5, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #9194683

Early_bloomer - I remember from my childhood in England watching mum go out into the garden with a basket full of washing to hang it outside and each end of the line were "T" shaped posts. Thought thats what it might be but never seen the top vertical before. Gives the photo and interesting appeal. Don't get River Birches here in Hawaii.

I cannot believe how you folks survive in those temperatures.

Today has been wet again. Not so bad down on the coast in Hilo but up here in the tropical rain forest its almost continuous rain - oh but of course that's why they call it rain forest. - but no beach, no swaying palm trees and no surf and sand where we are.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 6, 2012
2:38 AM

Post #9194921

75°/102°/74°
Plentiful sunshine. Very hot. Heat index near 110F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Mike,
What a beautiful canna!
Wow, you crafted that? Beautiful doll collection too!

Pepper,
By Sunday we should just be 89°. I can't wait!

Ju,
I've taken to shutting the computer off and doing anything important before the sun gets too far up. Right now is the best time of the day.

Early,
Huge smile over the ''crosses." I never looked at my clothesline like that.
What a perfect rendition of the heat! Awesome picture!!

My clothesline with heads and arms . The tin is to keep cats from the birdhouses and the top of the electric pole. That was put up after a dog chased my litle kitten to the top once. Thankfully he came down ok, but he sure was little at the time.

Thumbnail by billyporter

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9194981

I was watering plants that past hour or so, still am while getting ready for other things to do and get done. THE forecast is for 102 today about the same tomorrow, and it has been getting hotter than that. My little thermometer is only a degree or two different from the forecast so it is fairly accurate.
We are having the driest July since 1934,did someone say near "Dust Bowl" Only9/100 dreths where it has rained.

I was walking around wondering if Greenland, the Artic or Antartic has any space open for rent or campers.

I feel like i have been sentenced to Crematoria or something..IT IS 80'S THIS MORNING ,NO WIND and the Sun is gonna shine all day ,once again.Everywhere you are everything is crispy and crunchy, not having that good of a time ,as I would imagine is as of the many.Weather turned out to be a real pooper this year.!

Microb; I was wondering what if any of hummingbirds and parrots are there in your rain forest.?
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #9195643

Hot and humid, but is supposed to be cooler this week with some chance of rain. We sure could use it.

Plumerias are in bloom!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9195740

Pictures!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 6, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9195810

Hot. Current temp is 100. It was 102 just 5 minutes ago. I didn't catch the news today so don't know what the high was but it was hot. Too hot.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 6, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9195885

Juhur7 - Very little wildlife in Hawaii (except parties on the beach) No parrots unless they are escapees. No hummingbirds, Only wild animals are wild pigs, some wild goats, mongoose, rats.. No squirrels, monkeys, racoons, no snakes, no poisonous spiders. We do have large black carpenter bees and unfortunately yellow jackets. Fire ants are getting estabished. Some cane toads and bullfrogs. Now the Peurto Rican Cocqi frog has invaded. Loud chirrping sound at night has reduced real estate values in some places. Came in with imported bromeliads. We spend a lot of money keeping the brown tree snake out that is rampant on Guam. They stow away sometimes on military flights. We have some small native birds plus doves, sparrows, mynah birds (not Indian), cardinals, a few finches
The hawaiian native species fanatics fear that anything that comes in from off island will devastate the native birds, insects and plants. They have a good point but the biggest invasive species problem here is humankind.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 7, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9196162

Thank you microb; I find tropical places interesting,it's shameful like so many other places that invasive species (including us humans) do what we do sometimes.We are learning though, maybe someday we will have it worked out right.It just seemed like Hawaii would have a real nice climate for a few of the creatures and critters.I was around when the last the little red and yellow birds that the(a few centuries ago)- natives made the ceremonial dress from became listed as extinct.Maybe one of these days genetics will help with the difficulties of some of the problems of preservation and the like.

103 Yesterday, 105 forecast for today my temp readings were 102-hi106 yesterday .seemed even hotter though...some of the family driving through the next town over went past a thermometer that said 117
how's that for a town heat index.!! no rain, no wind.

The forecast is saying 90 for tomorrow.I will believe it when I see it(like that is suppose to be cool or something?)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9196571

99°/70°
Sunny to partly cloudy. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of Precip: 10%

Mike,
Sadly, we find invasives are not a good thing and I hope Hawaii can stay untouched as much as possible.

It's too hot to even let the kids out altho we did walk to a yard sale this morning. The youngest got a couple pair of pants and shorts. The oldest asked for a huge panda bear the youngest spotted first. They are sort of sharing it...

I watered early and filled birdbaths. Dad brought us sweet corn!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 7, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9196818

Started off wet and rainy today but the sun is breaking through so might be nice this afternoon. Mixed unsettled weather in the future forecast. Weather experts are having fun with the hurricane tracking across from the East Pacific.. At last they have something to focus on. It may get to the islands by the end of next week in the form of higher humidity and heavier showers for a day or it may just die out in mid ocean, which what we expect and hope for.

Billyporter - The model was from a kit. As long as you can follow instructions with some level of intelligence they are not that difficult. I don't have the skill to scratch build anything. The dolls are my wife's passion. Can't seem to find a forum for model builders and dolls house and doll collectors. Not too many people seem to follow our interests. I'm also a stamp collector, we do jigsaw puzzles with a passion and I do latchhook rugs while my wife does cross stitch and crewel - and yes I still find time for lots of gardening.
As far as invasive species are concerned the term seems to have varying definitions depending on who you talk too. Some folks are purely supportive of native Hawaiian plants. Anything that arrive by canoe hundreds of year ago could be invasive or non native.. Other folks will let any plants come to the islands as long as it does not spread quickly and choke out other plants. Australian tree ferns were considered invasive and yet you could buy them at Walmart. Go figure.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 7, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9197054

Hot and dry still. Rain in area but drying up before getting here. Go figure.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 8, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #9197499

Been awhile since I've posted, boy some really hot days this summer. Pretty much the same thing here everyday mostly sunny, low mid 70's/high mid 90's. Always a chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Haven't had much rain the past week though, but it gets cloudy and breezy enough to cool it off to sit outside for a bit.

Mike interesting that you have no snakes in Hawaii. Lots of them in Florida. We also have lots of invasive Humans too.

Early bloomer, love that photo of the gazebo and sun rays.

Texasgal, my parent's Plumeria is beautiful right now also...counted over thirty blooms on it, wished I had my camera, my old cell phone didn't take a good photo at all.

A Carolina Wren made a nest in an empty hanging planter on our front porch, it has been fun watching them out our window. Now the babies are out of the nest and we find them hopping together around the garden. They are so cute. Ma-ma and Pa-pa will scold us if we get too close.

Well hopefully it cools down next week for everyone...I can't imagine over 100 degrees! And wishing you all some rain showers too.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 8, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9197536

Back to normal summertime temps.
62º overnight, looking for high of 80º today. Low humidity.

Can you imagine sitting by a Minnesota lake today. Sunny, light breeze, favorite beverage.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9197633

CG; Ahh! SIGH), fishing, canoeing !

I was in the garden this morning didn't get much done though. 90'S for today,really nice wind this morning,,felt super nice. ""Best thing about the weather is it changes,only one bad thing about that is it is rarely the way you would want it too!!""

lately any change would do and has finally arrived
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9198240

Cooler with sprinkles up north and just clouds here. Temps in the 80s. Humidity did go up but with the breeze was tolerable.
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

July 8, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9198246

Low to mid 90's here where I am the past week or two. It IS summer after all! As I get older I can't take the heat but at least I don't have to shovel it!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9198300

Pepper, I'll take cooler with some sprinkles, please. :-)

95º today and sunny.

DH and DGD

Thumbnail by kwanjin

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9198866

90 for today and the next week or so, no rain, light winds,sunny . thought the drought was over, thought wrong!!
Has rained twice here since May.
Blanket Flower is happy though!! And I still get fresh tomatoes!!!

Thumbnail by juhur7

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9199574

My weather is about the same as yours so far.

My tomatoes and peppers aren't doing anything. I put them in 5 gallon buckets and have never had problems before. This year I can't get them to do anything. Grrr... I'm still holding out hope though.

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #9199690

RAIN..BABY..RAIN... Our first rain since the middle of May... All of June .06 for the month... Maybe, just maybe, I won't lose the okra, that's just beginning to throw some blooms.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9199729

We got some spit over the weekend. Enough to mess up the dirt on my truck a bit but that's it. Not even enough to call a sprinkle. Just spit. lol
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9199765

We had a nice rain here a week ago. Filled my rain barrels to the brim. Nothing since and the 10 day forecast is dry, dry, dry. Looks like I'll be watering soon.

Bernie...that lake sounds mighty inviting!

early_bloomer

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 9, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9199780

Pepper... Know the feeling about optimism, I've got some Black Krim's & Mr. Stripey's in 5 gallon buckets and I hope the weather moderates enough to where these plants will survive and produce a little bit. Weatherman says only cool relatively, & rainy for this week, but hot by the beginning of next week...

We're to get up to 3" rain this week... Great news... Burn bans are back on, as of last week... Just been hot as hell here...

This message was edited Jul 9, 2012 10:08 PM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9199807

100º today.

We had the grandbaby and her mom here this weekend.

Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9200056

kevcarr59: I'm glad it is raining for someone somewhere, wow what a dry year for some of us

pepper23 How are these for some sad looking melon vines,they have been like that since May,I have never seen a melon vine sit like that and do nothing 93 AND SUNNY ,70 this morning it is NICE!!

kwanjin ;Well a nice time with family youngster, flowers, and a park lawn to play on.Have set the grill and invite the rest of the relatives.

Early Better to water than some of the storms near or around ya.After all you got rain.

Thumbnail by juhur7

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 10, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #9200184

Kwanjin, have fun with that grand-baby, she's a cutie pie.

kevcarr59, glad you finally got RAIN!

Pepper this was a bad year for my tomatoes and peppers. My tomato plants are all dead now. My onions never had a chance. My peppers don't look too well either, after all the rain we had last month. Now it is just too hot, even though I've moved them in the shade. I usually have tons of jalapeños right now, but I'm lucky if I can find two on my plants.

We had thundershowers all around us last night, but didn't rain here, enjoyed the cool cloudiness though. Dropped us down to the upper 70's for a bit when normally upper 80's.

Heading to the beach for a week in the Motor-home, will be a bit cooler there at least. Son, DIL and grand-son will join us for a few days...that will be fun.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9200221

Oh! I so would go with you to the beach! I miss the ocean...

Oh my goodness, THANK you, Juhur! That's actually our backyard! There is no better compliment to a gardener. :-)

101º for today.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012 8:55 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 10, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #9200366

Couple pictures of our garden.
1; watermelons
2; onions
3; cabbage & other cole crops
4; muskmelon
5; pickling cucumbers

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9200369

Now, I'm hungry for some reason... :-)

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9200420

ME TOO!!! CountryGardens; With half the country in a drought, 30% severe drought you be feeling very blessed this season. Beautiful old fashioned market garden farm !!! It always so delightful to see your photos,thank you.

90 and sunny here,no rain,no wind, only hot now,not as unbearable as recently,only it is really dry here,I guess that is the same as most.

Thumbnail by juhur7

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 10, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9200536

On going showers and sunshine. Get out in the garden for a time here and there and then it rains again. Ground never dries out but everything is growing.
Forecast to get some heavier showers from remnants of Hurricane Dan but I think it will pass too far south of the islands. Emelia is a bigger unknown for early next week. Once again it will be downgraded by the time Emilia gets here but rain can be a problem on top of saturated ground.

Great photos Countrygardens. I remember "smallholdings" in England that were small vegetable farms like yours. Really miss the arable farms. We don't get them here in Hawaii.

Juhur7 - Appreciate your poorly melons. We all try and post pics of our "best side" its refreshing to the see the reality of life that we try and hide.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
12:56 PM

Post #9200555

Just as long as there are some eats from the garden. I am being kind of talkative though.

My oldest sister collects dolls and tried making them years ago of my memory.She likes calling me a liar about my memories,sisters are like that though. She gave up trying to make them years ago. She really appreciates that art,doll making.I just thought you might like to hear that.
The plant in the first pic is over six feet tall, I am happy I got the mulch and set right before, so it has taken the drought with amazing resistance.I have only watered that three or four times all spring and summer.I don't mind showing my fails,as long as I do have some successes.

Thumbnail by juhur7   Thumbnail by juhur7

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2012
1:07 PM

Post #9200571

Between last night & this morning almost 1" of rain & more expected this afternoon. Just looking from the kitchen window can see some of the tomatoes are starting to pink up a little bit. Bet by the weekend will have about 20 pounds of juicy red tomatoes...

BLT'S for lunch Saturday... Any takers????...LOL...

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012 3:16 PM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9200590

Yum! I'm in!
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

July 10, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9200676

We can use some rain here now. It's getting really dry here.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #9200795

I have tomatoes. They are small and green and have been there for too long. Green peppers form but have brown soft spots almost immediately. So they aren't any good.

Temps around 90 again but with more humidity.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9200802

We hit 101º today. Shesh! Supposed to be hotter tomorrow.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #9200828

It will be coming back my way again eventually. I'm not looking forwards to it. Is fall here yet?

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 10, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9201052

Pics of a few of the tomatoes picked this morning. What are the little yellow specks on them?? I don't think it's sun scald since these came from deep in the plants. You can look from one side of the garden and see the red tomato deep in the plant, then go to the other side to pick it and can't find it if your life depended on it.

10:00 pm and we have another heavy set of storms rolling through Austin & we'll have them within the hour... Probably another 1.5" by the morning...

Thumbnail by kevcarr59   Thumbnail by kevcarr59

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2012
4:28 AM

Post #9201273

65°/ 88°/62°
Plentiful sunshine. High 88F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.

Mike,
I can say I've never done a model anything and don't ask me to do instructions! LOL!
You and your wife are quite the collector. I'll bet you could stat a forum in one of the DG's list. Is there no Hobby forum? I know I was somewhere talking about old buttons.
Oh yes. I've run across problem plants, and perennials that aren't able to survive our zone. I recognize them and won't waste my money.

Pepper,
It gets depressing doesn't it?

Sherri,
Smiling over the invasive humans :o)
Awww, baby wrens :o) I have them at the end of the garden :o)

Bernie,
You've sure had some weather lately. That is a beautiful shot of a peaceful day, and Minnesota lakes are beautiful!

Ju,
How true about the changes, LOL!

Tommy,
I am so not ready for snow!! I can take the heat as long as I have ice water or tea.

Celia,
A sweet sweet picture! All troubles melt when I look at it. I'd frame it! It's also calender worthy! Contest worthy too!
More sweet Granddaughter pictures!

Kevin,
I'm sharing your rain song even tho I'm not getting any here, LOL!
I have one Black Krim and I'm keeping it watered. We just picked a few cherry tomatoes. The plant is taller than me!! We have it staked.

Bernie,
BEAUTIFUL garden!

Kevin,
Rats! I missed the BLT'S!
I've had tomatoes that look like yours.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/publications/tomatoproblemsolver/ripe/cloudy_spot.html

We've done nothing but water, water, water! Yesterday, to give the pump a good work out, DH hooked the hose up to the oscillating sprinkler and watered the Rose Bed, two thirds of the South Peony and a third of a the North Peony. I watered other things in the meantime. My daylilies and phlox are saved! Not to mention all the other things in between. We will be dry till Sunday and I doubt we get rain then, but we could...

We're picking up all four kids and all four will spend the night. :o)
Grandpa filled two 15 gallon tubs with a little water for the twins to play in.

The guy down the road bought a cabin, so they took the 6 or 7 daylilies I had set out in the free pile, last night. I was so glad. Now I don't have to water them. I potted them up last week when it was so nice and kept them in the shade against the house. I set them out Saturday night.

It has been a wonderful cool week! More like June, and like it should be. I'm suprised I didn't have any plants die in the heat we had.

Well, a busy next couple of days again :o)

Have a rest everyone :o)

My SIL's birdbath. I want it!

Thumbnail by billyporter

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9201303

93 FOR A HIGH Yesterday ,same for today ,those upper60's to low 70's at sure feel nice in the morning!
STILL dry, no Rain,maybe this weekend.
Hope to see some soon.
It is nice to see and hear some have gotten rain and it lightened some burdens.Weather service is saying get use to these temperatures that it is expected to continue for years.
I will prepare for and do what I can as many only I for one will never get use to temperatures being as hot as they are.!!!NEVER!!!

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 11, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9201633

Billy,

Thanks for the Aggie link, I have it bookmarked and have printed out some parts of the material from the site. Real good information... I have noticed in the last week or 2 that the stink bugs are back but really can't do anything right now with all the rain we've been getting. We got another 1.25" overnight... It's real good because we just lost our water to the house. With the long hot dry spell, and now this rain, the water company's been chasing line breaks. We had another break Saturday, but we didn't lose water.

Have fun with those grand kids, we get our grand daughter almost every weekend. She's 5 going on 15, she is so smart. She's going into kindergarten, and she reads at about a second grade level and is doing addition and subtraction already. No proud Paw-Paw here...LOL... She's proof it does skip a generation...

The only thing I've got to use for the stink bugs is some DE, or as a last resort, Sevin dust. Since it doesn't look like it's going to stop raining until after the weekend, is there anything I can do in between?? The tomato plants are so dense that there are plenty of places to hide, and all I've ever seen are the adults.

Thumbnail by kevcarr59

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 11, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9201773

Beautiful blue sky Hawaiian morning. Started out in mid 60s but will climb to upper 70s later.
Still uncertainty about the remnants of Hurricane Daniel. Forecast for now is slightly stronger winds tomorrow and Friday and COULD be 2-3 inches of rain. We don't need that. May just pass south far enough to suck all the cloud away and still give us nice blue sunny skies.
More concern over effect of Emilia remnants as that storm is tracking about 200 miles further north which would pass a tropical low right over the island. Still too early to tell.

Billyporter - Now THATS a bird bath. You've just given me an idea for an old 36" satellite dish I have stored under the house. If I can get it to sit level maybe it will house a waterlily.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9201777

I'm picturing that now. A great idea!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #9201878

Around 95 degrees and it feels like it. Miserable out. Went to dog park this morning and almost didn't last the 2 hours I wanted to be there. As it is I put the dog in my truck still damp so now my truck stinks. lol

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2012
11:21 PM

Post #9203538

microb,

Thanks for the idea about the satellite dish, I'll post a picture tomorrow... Everything down here in Texas is bigger...

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 13, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9204073

I is 88 degrees the heat index is near 100 when the sun is shining, partly cloudy, raining all around only not here.Still only twice since May any measurable has fallen ,Right at the N.E edge of severe drought zone,one of the little severe dots just outside and that they don"t show on the maps anymore is where here is.
Dry as dust,and still getting dryer. Booo!!!

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9204140

Micro,

In my best Croc Dundee voice, "Now that's a DISH!!!

Kevin

Thumbnail by kevcarr59   Thumbnail by kevcarr59

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 13, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9204314

Cooler today!! We got lucky and got a pocket of cooler weather over us. Rain all around us also but only sprinkles here at the house. Not enough to do anything for the ground though. Tomorrow we are supposed to be in the high 90s again.
tropicalnut777
Provo, UT
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9204361

rain rain !! here in provo its been (*$%( HOT and dry..
last week we had a big rain storm..my tropicals ..mm.i think everything
was singin out there..
were getting rain now !!
now how do i arrage..and with whom.. a nice rainstorm once..mm.. every 10 days??
anyone?? :) LOL
i know my gardens and lawn.. this free water!!! yea

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 13, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9204502

The remnants of Daniel passed by with a whimper. A little rain overnight but now partly cloudy skies and drier. Now we wait for the remnants of Emilia on Wednesday or Thursday.
Well Kevin the only thing bigger than that there satellite dish must be a Texas ego :)
Our first satellite dish, 20 years ago was a twelve foot dish which allowed us to scan the skies for different satellites. Early Satellite TV here in Hawaii. When the technology changed I did convert the 12 ft dish to a pond. Had to line it with a carpet liner to stop the plastic liner biting into the metal frame. First attempt to balance it saucer like on its stand ended up in disaster. It tipped over to one side and bend the rim. So I took it off the stand and sat it on the ground and put hollow tile around the outside to balance it. Still looked ugly with the bent rim but lasted a few years. Just took it apart last year to make way for a new greenhouse.
Only pics I could find was a distance shot (just to the right of my wife and dog) and the other one was of plants in the pond but it shows the plastic covered bent part of the rim.
My thought about the 36 inch being a lily pond came when I was trying to think of something to use as a center piece on our living room table :)
We have graduated to two 18 ft diameter ponds made from an old catchment tank.

Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 13, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #9204505

Sorry wrong pic of my wife and dogs. No pond in the back ground
This time I found it

This message was edited Jul 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Thumbnail by microb

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 14, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9204899

Third year in a row for lots of moisture up here in Saskatchewan. Hot, humid and lots of extreme weather. Thankfully we haven't received as much moisture as 2011 but we are still in record breaking territory (at least in 2012 the moisture is more widespread). People here (a lot still without A/C) aren't fond of these conditions but our crops and tropicals plants etc are loving it (as long as hail stays away).

Had a tornado touch down near my city (still waiting to hear what EF rating they will assign it).

This message was edited Jul 14, 2012 10:21 AM

Thumbnail by Lilypon   Thumbnail by Lilypon

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 14, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9205331

89 Today"s high/ 90's to near 100 forecast for the next five days.no rain here, dry hot. Redundant isn't it.

Some too much rain, others none!
It is not as bad here as it could be only this could change, only I wonder what I would be asking for? Goofy weather!!

Tornadoes don't happen there in Saskatchewan all that often do they? Or is that the far north edge of the North American tornado zone?

microb ;I still like the ponds and the dish idea,I enjoy the walking of the pets around the garden too, that looks comfy!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 14, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #9205383

Hot again.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 15, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9205730

It is in the70's now 90's again for today,our17 day row of 90 degree weather ended yesterday with an 89 degree high.
BEGINNING TO GET HOT ALREADY! this morning by 8;30 .

IT RAINED FOR TWO HOURS LAST NIGHT,IT CAME DOWN IN BUCKETS!!!!
only the third rainfall since may and finally a good one!

My melon vines are almost three times the size they were yesterday!

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 15, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9206088

We had an hour-and-a-half light show last night when 2 storms converged on top of us. Luckily, not too much wind but lots of thunder and 3/4" rain. Already almost 90 degrees, and it's barely 1 pm.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 15, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9206142

Night time rain. Hot and sunny today. A slight breeze, fluffy white clouds against a blue sky. Should stay like this most of the next week.

Spring cleaning and dog bathing today.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 15, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9206383

Not much change. Just hotter and more humid. Only supposed to get worse. No rain in sight either. I left my windows down tonight. Maybe that will help. lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9206396

Today has been the perfect day. Cool in the morning but we still had on our shorts and tank tops, warmer and breezy during the day with sprinkles now and then. We may get some rain tonight. Woohoo! 83º and sunny now.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 16, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9206957

if April showers bring may flowers
During June, the Sun cooks everything until it's done,
And during July all will fry, till it blows away in the wind,
as though it could fly

Makes ya wonder about August?

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9207005

I don't even want to THINK about August. For once in my life, I'm thinking about December.

90º for today. I think it rained last night and I missed it.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pirl
(Arlene) Southold, NY
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
9:17 AM

Post #9207147

I'm with kwanjin! Can't remember a summer where I just wanted it to be done so we could resume a normal life in September.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 16, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9207444

Night time showers again so ground is still kind of water logged but bright blue sky and fluffy white clouds today. A few passing showers just forcing us to do indoor chores.

Epis from 2 nights ago, Heliconia doing well, Canna I'd forgotten about

Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb   Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 16, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9207446

Oops, wrong canna, although the orange one is doing great. Here' the other one. Its a NOID

Thumbnail by microb

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9207576

I think your Canna is called 'Pistol Pete' or 'Lucifer.' It's beautiful!

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/314302/

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/12086/

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 16, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9207665

We got caught in an intense thunderstorm last evening while in Austin & Round Rock. Finally got out this morning & checked the rain gauge, another 2 1/2" of rain. This has been an incredible week, the better part of 8" in the gauge. I just hope it keeps up while I'm gone...

Kevin
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 16, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #9207827

Still hot and still dry. Pretty humid though.

I agree with Kwanjin and ju. I can't wait til the cooler months when it's (hopefully) not so dry and definitely not hot!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 17, 2012
12:51 AM

Post #9208288

Thanks Kwanjin - I'll go with "Lucifer" Must put a plastic knife in the pot tomorrow and use the permanent marker.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 17, 2012
7:18 AM

Post #9208572

Mike, great flowers!
We had rain too for the last few days, lots of showers and buckets!Temps are going down to 85F and 70 at night.
First ripe tomatoe and cukes.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 17, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9209419

Temp is currently around 99 according to my email home page. I think it's off a bit. I didn't sweat enough for it to be that hot. lol

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 17, 2012
5:52 PM

Post #9209438

Mall sign said 100º at 5PM. To da** hot!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 17, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9209464

Same again today. Rain showers overnight, nice blue sky morning and then showers again by 3pm. Spend most of the day in the "greenhouse" repotting Epis, Amaryllis and making Fuchsia hanging baskets.

Metal rails between trees for the Fuchsia hanging baskets, Can't beat that morning sunshine

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 17, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9209539

Bernie, glad I'm not the only one dealing with those high temps this late in the day.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2012
10:23 PM

Post #9209680

We have mid-upper 90s the rest of the week. Shesh!

Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 18, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9210229

juhur7 asked "Tornadoes don't happen there in Saskatchewan all that often do they? Or is that the far north edge of the North American tornado zone?"

We are in the far Northern range of the N.A. tornado zone (part of Canada's Tornado Alley).
We've had at least 20 tornadoes touch down this spring (average) and around 500 funnel clouds reported (photoraphed) but with the conditions we are now facing +40 humidex more dangerous ones will be popping up (about 15 of the earlier tornadoes were cold weather ones).

Saskatchewan has had one F4 land in a city (we thankfully have lots of open country here) that did millions of dollars damage. Manitoba in 2007 had one F5 hit a small village and one F3 a day later that had 3 tornadoes from the same cell.

Here's a link to Saskatchewan's and Canada's tornado chaser (each blog can be clicked on where lots of extreme weather pics can be seen: http://tornadohunter.ca/tornado-hunter-blog/). Scroll down the linked on page to see all the storms here (he also has some blog entries from the storm in Poland as well as storms he chased in the States ... sadly with pics from Joplin as well).

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 18, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9210234

oh and today with humidex (dew point) factored in we will be 104 F (40 C)...yuck with no A/C here (will have to break down one of these days and get it if this kind of weather keeps up). We went through 30 years of dry (with a few exceptions), now it could be 30 years of wet and humid for here. (I am not a fan of humidity).

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 18, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9210366

Lilypon; I agree about the humidity,I imagine about the only thing moving around that enjoys the humidity is the mosquitoes. Stay storm safe,they are bad and sometimes frightening recently.
101 YESTERDAY 100,TODAY ,Longest drought since 1908,Although it has rained where I am, including a whole three minute thunderstorm early this afternoon.
Same in forecast ,upper 90's with100 degree temperatures as far as the future forecast predicts.Same old same old,it's hot!!! it's dry!!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 18, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9210576

101 currently. Our high was around 103-106 range in the area. Still dry. Closest rain cell is over by Manhattan, KS a few hours away and it is already breaking up and not going anywhere.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9211231

77 and rain currently,A five minute downpour so far is about all,rain is rain I will be happy and take all that it will.
90 forecast for today 84 for tomorrow, nicer but humid,really humid! 100'S for the remainder of the long forecast. Upper 90's mostly but whats the difference to doing anything when it is over 95 or so and heat indexes are well over triple digits.
Miserable weather, if not one thing ,another.It just started pouring down again as I type this .Needs to
rain all day, like that's going to happen(lol)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9211235

Rain! Lucky you! Ours greened up the grass nicely.

90s for the next few days.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 19, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9211264

Rain yesterday. I picked strawberries for an hour while it was raining & didn't get wet. Less than a 1/10 inch in 2 hours isn't much rain.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9211351

3 more tornadoes in Saskatchewan last night as well as a number of areas and communities flooded by intense rainfalls (including areas of Edmonton, Alberta).

We are normally an arid region but the last 3 years it seems like Mother Nature is bound and determined to put a tropical sea over this land again.

Weather Forecast: Moose Jaw, SK
Current Weather Thursday, July 19, 2012, 9:00 CST Moose Jaw Airport

77°F
A few clouds

Feels Like : 88
Wind : 0 km/h
Sunrise : 5:13
Sunset : 21:02

Humidity : 65%
Pressure : 1012.2 kPa
Visibility : 14.9 km
Ceiling : unlimited

expected later today
88°F
Feels like 106°F :'( (doesn't seem fair when we hit -50F this past winter...though our winter wasn't around for long).

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 19, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9211412

Did Canada put a cap on how much rain they can send down here?
We can use any amount.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9211547

LOLOLOL (but not really as I do know drought very well).

I post here as well http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105266&start=2240 and Texans (for awhile) were begging me for our rain (and then they got a very rare July cold front from up here). Last I heard Houston was getting rains like us (they are very quiet now and not surprisingly I haven't had a recent request to send a low down there ).

Trust me Bernie I was trying to give it away (but it kept swirling around this province like a tornado...foreshadowing of what was to come I guess). The Texans said what was over Saskatchewan was controlling the weather of North America. :/ (we had the lowest pressure on earth for awhile).

Europe also blamed Canada for sending our winter there. I am often checking my GPS to see if we've changed locations.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2012 1:32 PM

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9211566

Well after the Thailand tsunami and earthquake everyone's time and location changed slightly,I guess everyone had to put the blame somewhere. It is cold in Canada,and the U.S. and Russia have learned how to use weather as a weapon also,(yeah right) lol.
And besides everybody is a sinister super power these days!!didn't you know that!!!! Yes, WelcomeTo; Paranoia Can Be Fun.?

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9211598

Well most years Canada is cold (more than less) but last winter our winter went AWOL before December (and never returned). However unlike the Army we never went looking for it too hard. ;o) We knew we'd pay for that amazing winter though sooner or later.

For Saskatchewan it truly has been a very unusual year. Normally we are a very cold province in winter (as is parts of Alberta and Manitoba...most Canadians are terrified of our normally long lasting cold) and most of the cold that heads anywhere in N.A. comes through here first (we were predicted btw to have one of the coldest winters ever this past winter). The jet stream however decided to spend its time up with Santa at the North Pole so Europe got our winter instead.

And now we are thinking we live in the Caribbean given the never, prior to these last few years, exceedingly high dew points. That we usually only felt, for a short while in August, when our crops were ripening.

No paranoia here (I know the solar flares are playing a huge role in this) as well as the Jet Stream and maybe a little of mankinds' airborne pollutants and CO2.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2012 2:23 PM

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
1:37 PM

Post #9211626

and again...
alerts
Severe thunderstorm watch for City of Moose Jaw
:blowup:

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

Issued at 1:20 PM CST Thursday 19 July 2012
Summary

Risk of severe thunderstorms this afternoon and this evening. This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail and damaging winds. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements. If threatening weather approaches take immediate safety precautions. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484. Please note, this phone number is only for reporting severe weather.

Details

A cold front tracking southward across Southern Saskatchewan is expected to trigger thunderstorms this afternoon into this evening. Some of these thunderstorms have the potential to become severe giving large hail, damaging winds and torrential downpours. (just 5 more weeks to go and we should be done with this crap).

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9211628

p.s. note the cold front tracking through my province *is* heading *southward*. Somebodies down in the States will also get rain from this (best get a canoe and paddles if it heads your way ;o) :S

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9211789

wind 21mph temp 86degrees t'storm, Second time today for rainstorm ,yes, yes, yes!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 19, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9211800

No rain, just major heat that is tearing up vehicles. Currently 103F.

I have heard of about 5 vehicles this week that have had parts melt, couldn't start or almost broke down while on the road due to the heat. My dad was in KC today doing some work and coming home he almost broke down. The van I drive at work has acted up a few times when I've been on the road most of the day and my truck has its moments too.

So those of you dealing with this crazy heat please watch and listen to your cars and make sure nothing has gone bonkers in this heat. Better safe than sorry.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
10:02 PM

Post #9212047

Somebodies South of here going to get rain :S from this (Texas I'm sure you will be getting it eventually)...
(however here I am dancing a jig and it is cool enough to do that...and there was only one tiny nasty cell that materialized from it in my province (Manitoba however has a problem).

Thumbnail by Lilypon

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 19, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #9212049

14C is 57.2 F (we haven't seen that kind of overnight low for a looooooooooooooong time).

one cold front is heading South!!!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 19, 2012
10:08 PM

Post #9212051

Hot and humid. We got rain, again, so it did cool down some. It even got down to the mid 80's a day or so, then right back up to the mid 90's.

The back yard looks like a jungle with all of this rain. Plumerias, and rose of sharon are still in bloom

Jo is doing better. I am still recooperating. Still sorting and putting things away that we brought from Mom's. You can actually walk thru my living room at the moment! WOW!

Youngest granddaughter was here for several days and she was a big help. We put several things in the attic (I know, we cheated!), but I can go thru it later. Some things are for my baby sister and niece.

Hope everyone is well.

Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 20, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9212568

I feel blessed not having any extreme weather to report.

This morning was a clear blue sky and now there are a few white clouds drifting in. We are in for four or five days of perfect weather, gentle breezes, very little rain. Current temp is about 68f and should climb to 80f here. Forecast high in Honolulu is 87f. Surf forecast shows that the Pacific Ocean around the island is flat with maybe some 1 - 3 ft waves. Wind is going to be light and variable. Perfect for the tourists.

I think its been 18 months since we had any really long summer weather spell. We had spells when the ground would dry out and the trails in the forest would be crispy dry leaves under foot but cannot remember when that last occurred.

Managed to get some garden clean up done yesterday even though its still wet underfoot. Hope to get our again today but have to wait for Sears to come and repair the washing machine and then have to go into town with recycle items and pick up a small dog that will be boarding with us for a week or so.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9212579

Cool mist and 74 this morning it was,a very cool 80degrees and overcast,it rained for more than an hour twice yesterday and it rained again this morning just before sunrise.Everything kinda like wet straw,and the humidity is icky. Plants are a "lovin" it though!Wind is at 0 currently,There is air circulating from temp. difference.

Well back to 100 for the morrow coming?we'll see.This may not sound exciting to some ,but i'm in a extreme drought zone,that rain is exciting to see!!!! Best stuff ever given the conditions!!!

Microb; you still have the best pic's ever great views!!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 20, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9212656

Back from the beach, so much to catch up on. While we were at the beach the inland got plenty of good thunderstorms most afternoons, some started as early as noon. So my garden looked wonderful when I got home ☺ We will be creeping back up to the low to mid 90's the next week again as a high moves over us. Was nice while it lasted.

Billy I love that elephant birdbath, adorable.

Kevcarr, I'm so jealous of you tomatoes...dang! I did find some nice juicy garden fresh at the farmer's market while on vacation, they said they were from Alabama.

microb love all your tropical flowers...your weather sounds quite nice right now.

Jeanne glad to see you around, and glad you are getting rain this year, and you also juhur7.

Adina, nice to see you are getting some veggies, and rain, and your weather sounds pretty good. I love those temps.

Pepper, that heat is just something...hope you cool down soon.

kwanjin, I'm going to remember in December when you say you wish it was warmer again ☺

CountryGardens, I sure hope those nice rows of crops get some good rain soon.

Lilypon, we get a lot of Canadians here in the winter months. One couple we see often in Jan. at one of our favorite camping spots told us we had colder temps at that time than they did in Canada. Go figure? That was two winter seasons ago.

I found some pretty wildflowers while at the beach...

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9212791

We only reached the low 90s today but starting tomorrow we will be under an excessive heat warning until Weds at sundown. We will be over 100 degrees for our highs everyday until then. Weds our predicted high is around 108. Gonna be a scorcher!!!!

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 20, 2012

Post #9212794

I'm thinking they were from down East Sunkissed. They have been having lots of exceptionally warm winters (Montreal is one place I know that has been very blessed with well above normal winters). We've had many nicer ones here too but I doubt you've been colder than the prairie provinces.

Current Weather Forecast: Moose Jaw, SK
73 °F (I love cold fronts :o)

Feels Like : - zip zero nada

Predicted to get warm and humid again soon (heat and humidity is expected to cross the border :'( )

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9212813

Sunkissed, please, do! LOL I'll have reversed my statement by then and claim 'plausible deniability!'

Love all the pics. Everyone stay cool!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 21, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9213704

No posts on the weather journal must mean everyone is outside enjoying a great weekend and not sitting at their computer.

Great weather here as predicted. Dry, a little variable breeze, puffy white clouds and a humid 80f.

Had great fun this afternoon cutting down 70ft high bamboo. Gunshot loud series of cracks as the saw went through the old cane and it fell to the ground. the older and harder the canes the louder the noise. New canes are larger but softer. Not nearly as much fun. The canes I cut down were about 3 inch diameter. The more recent growth from last year is about 6-8 inches in diameter and must be getting close to 100ft. Brandisii is the name. Could hear crack echo through the neighborhood. Of course we hear enough real gunshots in the neighborhood that no one came inquiring as to our safety.

Sunkissed - love those wildflowers, brilliant colours.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 21, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9213856

High in the high 90s but still under 100. Right now temps are still in the 90s but low 90s. Will start scorching tomorrow.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 22, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9214106

71º this morning, going for 90+.
Thunderstorm over night, not sure how much rain. Haven't checked the gauge yet, but anything would be an improvement.
If it was over a ¼", I may have to mow the lawn. It is looking pretty ragged, not being mowed for about 5 weeks. It still looks better than all the scalped lawns around. They are dead brown.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9214238

Bernie, we have neighbors that scalp theirs, too. By this time every year they look awful and they can't figure out why.

90s again today with scattered clouds and possible pop-up thunderstorms.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 22, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9214363

3 more tornadoes touched down in Saskatchewan last night. One poor farmer lost his home/yard/vehicles and had been there when it touched down. He hadn't gone to his basement so was found wandering around in shock.

We only hit a high of 24C yesterday without humidex (solid cloud cover and more darn rain stopped the temps from rising).

I captured this pic by our farm (we went out there to see if our crops were either destroyed by hail or under water or if our bins had flown away (all was good except the land that was already flooded early this spring).

Thumbnail by Lilypon

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 22, 2012
1:08 PM

Post #9214612

How terrible Lilypon, I feel for that poor man...stay safe. That is a really eerie looking sky.

Out on the road today my car showed the outside temp at 99°...first time this summer I've seen that. The bank sign showed it was 96°...sure it was just hotter in the traffic. We are now getting some very heavy rain, a tropical low is coming up from the south...had no idea this was coming...but much welcomed, should cool us down now.

Some weather clouds from when we were at the beach last week...

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 22, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9214911

High over 100, now down to 99. Not much change!! lol.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9214950

"Only" 93º today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 23, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9216243

At 7pm central time it is still over 100 degrees at 102. Crazy!!!!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 23, 2012
10:40 PM

Post #9216529

Trade winds have returned but still mostly dry and warm, about 80f. Still light showers at night. Normal weather has returned for now.

Giant white shell ginger finally bloomed for the first time. - compared to the Pink

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 24, 2012
3:51 AM

Post #9216584

82°/97°/73°
A mix of clouds and sun. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

It's been hot and dry here! We watered some of the grass we planted last fall, but two more days of intense heat and no rain will take it's toll.

Kevin,
I usually only see stink bugs on squash. They've killed my volunteer already. I don't know what to de besides Sevin.
Awesome Granddaughter :o)

Mike,
That's what people seem to do with their old satellites. We let the guy take our's because a lady wanted to do the same, and we didn't have room to do so.
Wow, it's really deep when it's on the ground, LOL!

Pepper,
I just had to smile over the wet dog in the truck. Pe-yew!

Ju,
Dry dust describes my dirt too :o(

Kevin,
Laughing! I think our old one was 9' or 10'. We tried to ring it with Christmas lights one year and it was cool, but we had too many left over lights to try and hide. Black garbage bag worked for a short while till they got too hot. Our's was solid and cream colored.

Lilypon,
We were getting adequet rain like that for the last few years. It was great even tho we had mosquitos.
Wow, a tornado! Is that common for you? (You answered that.)

Celia,
Laughing! I'm not in December yet, but I was thinking about August!
Awww, love Isis in the snow!

Hi Pirl!

Beautiful flowers Mike!
What floats on your pond? We have bright green duck weed on our back waters.

Adina,
I haven't even taken any pictures of my tomatoes or green beans.

Bernie,
We have those no wet rains too :o(

Geeze Pepper,
Trucks ''melting.'' That's bad!!

Jeanne,
Glad you had help with your Mom's things.

Sherri,
Beauty at the beach! I think I have the first flower, or close to it. Mountain mint, a sort of Beebalm.

Bernie, Celia, it's because they have no grass from the repeated scalping so now they scalp the weeds. I don't get these people either...

Wow Lilypon! Those are some clouds! I really feel for the farmer.

Sherri,
Neat sky pictures! Love the first three with an object in them. Such contrast! All are calender worthy!

We are in for hot and dry for a few more days. Any green grass under the trees is slowly losing it's color.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9216933

Some the grass has a slight green color from drizzle days and a couple of storms. It's suppose to be in the 90's and it's 72 degrees,that is a little cool after all the 100 degree days.
Today's forecast is for 94 ,90 by noon,I suppose this is one of those existential days that nobody can explain.All that moisture staying in the atmosphere and weather change does some odd things. Like the mammoths that were chewing on a nice dinner of palm fronds and then poof, they were frozen solid.
Well I have no doubt that 102 for tomorrow will most likely happen though. Today's cool gives me a bit of a headache though, must be getting weather sensitive myself (lol) (although that's really not as funny it sounds)
Cloudy currently,deciding if it wants to rain or not. Really a nice day all in all..

Thumbnail by juhur7

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 24, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9216958

Gorgeous clouds Sunkissed (haven't seen normal ones like that here for a couple of years now). Ours are all NASTY looking things (amazing to capture on a camera but not so fun to live under...for ever and ever).

Just think what food is going to cost if a lot of crops up here are destroyed (previous storms and current ones) given how many have died/will be lost below the border and down East in Ontario.

Thumbnail by Lilypon

kevcarr59

kevcarr59
BUda, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2012
10:59 AM

Post #9216961

Well not sure which is worse, the nice, dry 100 degree TEXAS heat, or this crummy, humid, rain-stormy 97* in Central Florida... It's rained every day & you can't get nothing done outside after 11:00 am. It's kind of hard to get a house painted, or major yard work done when it constantly looks like it's ready to downpour!!!!

End of witch...LOL... session...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 24, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9217463

96 currently. A couple more days and this will be our high. I never thought I'd be happy to see 90s for a high. I've always hated the 90s and preferred the 80s. lol

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 25, 2012
1:13 AM

Post #9217685

screen captures from Saskatchewan's Tornado Hunter's Live feed yesterday:

This is in no way, shape or form Saskatchewan's normal weather (and it in various nasty forms has been ongoing since April).

This message was edited Jul 25, 2012 4:16 AM

Thumbnail by Lilypon   Thumbnail by Lilypon   Thumbnail by Lilypon   Thumbnail by Lilypon   Thumbnail by Lilypon

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 25, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9217937

Hot, hot and hot. We are probably going to see our hottest days this season since no rain in the forecast. The rains the other day cooled us down to 73, and yes the humidity is high, but we just turn our outside fan on and still enjoy the coolness. Tomorrow prediction 97 and 0% chance of rain.

I worked in the yard yesterday planting some of the last things that were in pots and had to go into the ground. I'm grateful for my outdoor shower, just keep cooling myself off with cold water. Was cloudy most the day and very breezy, so not too bad. Glad it is done because today will be sunny and much hotter.

Lilypon, those are dramatic storm cloud formations. I know how dangerous storms are but have to admit I have always found them fascinating to look at.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 25, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9218706

103 currently. Rain chances overnight with a "cool" front coming in for a couple days.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 26, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9219217

5 more tornadoes were confirmed yesterday. Our average for a season is 12. This year we've had over 30 (around 32). I don't know what the final confirmed count will be since Environment Canada only counts ones that come from different cells (if one cell drops 3 tornadoes they will only count 1 of them).

From Tuesday (this one landed near my boss's family farm...another one landed near the small town where my MIL lives).

Thumbnail by Lilypon

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 26, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9219441

Well we have that humidity while its partly cloudy to sunny, so hot and humid it is stifiling. 90's and rising right now.
Lilypon; We had our tornadoes early I guess,usually we have all kinds of them this time of year,one partly destroyed this town back in the 70's,and I was near the infamous Xenia Ohio tornado back in the sixties,saw the top of that one from where I was.
In 96 I was outside when the wind came through and a big plate glass viewing window torn from someones home came flying past me whizzing and whistling like a ball swinging around on a string.That stuck in back wall of the house after part of it shattered.
All in all the debris and devastation those things cause is tremendous beyond the usual imagination.Only Time will tell the effect of this drought ,storms and inclimate weather.Not to far away from my extreme drought zone ,I hear it is really getting bad. Prayers and patience is about all any can do.I feel for you all, I really do!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 26, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9219775

RAIN!!!!!! We got rain overnight!!!!! Anywhere from a half inch to over an inch in places. Not enough but it's something. Bad thing is I'm so used to watering this time of day that I'm at loose ends cause everything got rained on. lol.

Our high was around 93 today. Humid though.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 26, 2012

Post #9219824

juhur7 ours this year have been relatively polite (in most cases picking on empty fields) and amazingly only 1/2 have had some oomph to them. We know how bad they can get down there and that is the cause of most stress up here (will we have the right conditions to make them more dangerous ie F3 to F5). I've only seen one tornado dance out in a field and that was years ago (it was an F2). We've had a number of F4's over the years (one nearly removed our capital city from the map back in 1912) but most have danced out in the country (without damaging or causing death). 2007 however a little town in Manitoba had an F5 come visit and the next day they had one cell drop 3 F3 tornadoes.

They are a worry for sure (but I wouldn't say we live under the same stress as those in the State's Tornado Alley do). However the torrential rains have caused a lot of stress for farmers who are now looking at their gorgeous crops under a couple of feet of water (we have 360 acres that are that way but they got 10 inches of rain prior to planting so that area is most definitely resting this year). Others nearby have had their whole farms flooded and others of course have been hailed out (claims for hail are at record levels again this year).

Of the past 3 years our farms been flooded twice (and prior to that we were having drought conditions like many down there are now having). Can't get a break and with bad crops everywhere I am hoping ours makes it (and when we have horrendous drought I do hope that everywhere else is doing better just to keep food prices down).

Here's a video of what Saskatchewan looked like last year (and the year before) and this year too in some areas (we don't drain well). It's a good example of toooooooo much of a good thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEQaN52n6g The rancher that posted it said "may we never see this much again." Well worth watching to the end (it is what caused Minot to flood so badly) and of course the rains that fell here and in North Dakota caused Manitoba billions of dollars in flood control/damage.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2012 12:06 PM

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 26, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9219825

Happy to see some of you folks getting rain (so much better than us)!!!! :D

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 27, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9220586

Thunder showers the past hour!!!! cooool!!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 27, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9220962

A nice day temp wise. Barely reached 90.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 28, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #9221408

One particularily nasty week of storms is coming up for Saskatchewan this week (we will be sending moisture down there)

Another week of summer and another wave of severe storms. As the midlevel Jet stream persists over the prairies and a warm, humid surface airmass hangs around, conditions could not be better for severe weather.

Starting on Saturday July 28th my chase target will be Oyen, Alberta or Melville, Sask. There are storms that will persist through the overnight and that may affect the decision for tomorrow. I will have a look again in the morning and make a decision. (Update: The early morning models have me leaning toward a target area closer to Hiway 1 East of Regina - 3:15am MDT)

Tuesday is another day that is shaping up to have significant severe storm potential in a few areas of the prairies.

Then the big show! Its looking like either Thurdsday or Friday August 3rd next week will bring a significant threat for severe storms and more Tornadoes. If the current models verify we could see the most potent forecast of the summer so far. Given the timing this could have implications for those making plans for weekend, as well as several events that are planned around Eastern Saskatchewan and Western Manitoba.

Lilypon

Lilypon
Moose Jaw, SK
(Zone 3b)

July 28, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9221450

This map shows the CAPE (Convective available potential Energy) that peaks over eastern Saskatchewan on Friday August 3rd.

The moisture that was over us (in this forecast model) is now showing that it has headed down.

Hope for your sakes it verifies (and misses me).

Thumbnail by Lilypon

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 28, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #9221693

Very quiet, slightly wet Hawaiian weather. Light breezes, humid, temps near 80f. Much hotter in Honolulu nearer 87f. Ground never dries out, muddy pathways in the forest not pleasant to walk on but everything is growing like tropical crazy.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9221771

Not too bad today. Cool this morning but it quickly heated up to low 90s.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 29, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9222439

Hey! ½" of rain overnight. I swear the weeds doubled in size from yesterday.
Everything looks way better.
Muggy today, nice temp.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9222804

We took a trip to my sisters ,birthday parties her's, mine, grandma's Anniversary .I was looking at all the half size corn stalks in the fields.Terrible the drought truly,I have never seen the corn as small as it is to my memory.Soybeans looked good,I hope they are as good as they looked.

SUNNY near ninety,60's for tonight, rained for 4to5 hours three days ago,maybe some more later his week, maybe? Prayers and hopes to those of you more directly effected by all this.I have no idea of the miracle it is going take with the problems going like they are everywhere.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 29, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9222888

Still no rain and temps reached around 106 today.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #9223658

This thread lived certainly up to it's title;July Weather one word HOT!, Well it's hot, how redundant this has all gotten to be, High's in the 90's low's in the 70s
I'm beginning to believe the thermometer got stuck or something!!.For those of you a little farther south I Imagine those triple digit temps seem the same.
There are five or six chances of rain this week,I will believe it when I see it ,wow,, who turned on the furnace!!!
Today will break the record here from 1901 for most 90 degree days in July (26),and there are a few to go.
I hear Northern Oklahoma is cooking,as in dry baking.The rivers where I'm really from in Illinois are drying up I hear.

Yes this is certainly One Long''HOT"Summer AND ONCE AGAIN "WOW,!! and MAN"
Gloom, Despair and,Misery Does hat describe being outside? How about "GOOD GRIEF" It's no wonder we meditate in the garden, good reason.

Solace

Solace
Monte Vista, CO
(Zone 4a)

July 30, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9223802

Wow, Lilypon, those tornado pics are scary. I never realized you got tornadoes up there! I hope you have a good cellar.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9224084

We have had over 11 days with temps over 100 this month. Today was only in low 90s but very humid. Some sprinkles here and there but not enough to do anything.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

July 30, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9224199

Tropical disturbance passing about 300 miles to the south is giving us a couple of days of overcast, wet weather
Over the last 18 months I don't think we have had a stretch of hot sunny dry weather that lasted for more than three or four days. We are not getting flooding rains but it is constant rain and showers The paths in the forest don't get a chance to dry out are now deeper in mud than we have seen them in the 20 years we have lived here. So now we just don't go walking in the forest unless it is necessary to retrieve plants that were put far away from the house years ago.

Moss covers everything and the catchment tank is constantly feeding the duck pond through the overflow pipe. Not sure now we will find a break to have our roof powerwashed and painted.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 31, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9224493

74°/92°/63°
Partly cloudy. Hot. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph

I'm too far behind to even read everything :o(

Friday, we got the twins and kept them overnight. Saturday the boys came and we kept everyone overnight. By Sunday afternoon I was ready to send them all home. When they were gone, I missed them :o)

No rain in sight and nothing but a wetting of the rain guage when rain did pass over us. It's another hot dry week. At least I have all the beds weeded now so they can't soak up any water.

Last week I started buying canned goods for the winter. I know food prices are going to go way up! My peppers fall off before I can get any. The tomatoes are doing good. I have about 15 on the counter that need skinned, stewed and frozen. I ate two in the garden last night and the cherry tomatoes look like fireworks, LOL! I ate as many dark red ones as I could :o)

It's another hot dry week with no rain in sight. We will bbe watering all week.

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9225166

It raining here with the sun shining , This will most likely be one of those five or ten minute showers that raises the humidity to be unbearable.It is still in the nineties for temps usual as is recently. Nice mornings in the high 60's low 70s though,I like those mornings that way.
However rain is rain at this point, I will take all I can get and still want and hope for more!
I say that here as I'm watching the steam rolling in waves across the pavement.Rains really vaporizing as it comes in to contact with the ground.Still way to hot people!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 31, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9225317

98 as I type. Here we go again. Is it October yet???

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 31, 2012
8:40 PM

Post #9225569

New month, new thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1273499/

This thread is closed!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America