Why yellow leaves on healthy rose?

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

I have yellow leaves on one section of my most vigorous rose. It's definitely not black spot or any other fungus. The leaves look healthy, and haven't changed over several weeks. It's just that they're yellow instead of green. Any ideas what this might be? Note. The rose lives on the edge of a compost pile. That's why it's my most vigorous one, I'm sure. It's a Climbing Dublin Bay.

TIA
LAS

Thumbnail by LAS14 Thumbnail by LAS14 Thumbnail by LAS14
Richmond, TX

I can't tell from the pictures, but if the veins are green in the yellow leaves it could be an iron shortage. Why that would affect just part of the plant is beyond me.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Yes, they are green. What does one do about an iron shortage?

Richmond, TX

Fertilizer companies sell iron supplements. I can't think of the name of any at the moment. I think that high soil pH can also make iron less available.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Ironite is a readily available granular or liquid iron.

Byron Center, MI

For the first time this year I have the same problem with only one of my roses--"Gertrude Jekyll." No black spots, only yellow leaves. I have been using Mills Magic Mix in the ground and fish emulsion as a a foliar fertilizer. However, I just started using the foliar application since the yellow leaves already had appeared. Do you think I still need some liquid iron for just that rose bush, anyone? Thank you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images