Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Sewing and Quilting: I'd like to somehow obtain another blouse just like this one

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 8, Views: 234
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
2QandLearn
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2012
10:05 PM

Post #9192284

I can't sew using a machine, so that's out.
(I have a history of grand mal epilepsy, & when I sat in front of a sewing machine watching the needle go up & down, I became horribly dizzy!)

Anyway, does anyone know if this blouse --or one very close to it-- is made anymore? Or, if there is a pattern for it that I could have someone else make it from, & where I could purchase it?

I like to wear jumpers, and with this blouse under them, they look kind of classy! (:

Yes, it's a little big on me. I found it years ago in a thrift store, without a size tag.
But it's label says: "Lucky Winner USA" on it, and no tag regarding what material it is.
But, it is a fine, see-through-able weave. I think it is natural fiber/s, as well. (:

The first pic shows the tie untied;

The second shows it tied (but not the way I usually tie it);

The third shows it from the back, with the collar/tie up, instead of folded the way it is worn.

Thank You for considering my 'plea'! (;

Thumbnail by 2QandLearn   Thumbnail by 2QandLearn   Thumbnail by 2QandLearn
Click an image for an enlarged view.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 4, 2012
2:12 AM

Post #9192323

My sister is a seamstress, do you want me to ask her if she would make one for you?
mittsy
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 4, 2012
4:10 AM

Post #9192364

I don't think it would be very difficult. Just instead of a collar the tie would be added. I remember making one similar for my Mom years back.
smedgekles
Conroe, TX

July 6, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9195127

Closest current patterns would be Vogue 8772 and Butterick 5711. Both would need some tweaking to make it like the one pictured, but a good seamstress should be able to do it. You might also search Ebay, someone may be selling an out of print pattern that is closer to the blouse you have.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 6, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #9196061

2QandLearn, what size do you normally wear? I'll have my sister keep her eyes out also in thrift stores etc.
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9196360

It almost seems like you could go buy any white shirt that fits, and you like. Have someone just take the color off and with like fabric, add your collar.

I dont know if that is more trouble than starting from scratch, but in my head it worked.
2QandLearn
Menifee, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 7, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9268273

Thanks everyone for your input!

I probably wear a size 8, but feel more comfortable in looser clothes, so I'd guess size 9.
The blouse I have is missing it's size tag, but it's bigger than that . . . maybe a 10 or 12(?)

Maybe I can get someone to combine those two patterns that were suggested.

I won't think of ever taking this blouse apart to use as pattern,
unless it becomes unwearable!

Thanks again!
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9273413

A size nine would be a junior size and cut differently. More for a teen figure. If you want something more roomy than an 8 you would need a 10. I am wide shouldered and 5' 10" and wear a 12 top and ten bottom. I think if you are an average size woman, wearing an eight, you would swim in a twelve blouse.

lanakila

lanakila
Holly Springs, NC
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9287002

I can duplicate this for you, without taking it apart, and size it down a bit since this looks too wide for you in the shoulder. You'll have to buy and send the materials, but we can barter on the labor.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America