Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

A rare cloudy day

Fountain Hills, AZ(Zone 9b)

Just a couple pics....

Thumbnail by GermanStar Thumbnail by GermanStar
Perth, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Nothing much but cloud (and rain) here most of the time!

First cloud cover I've seen in months. No rain since Jan.

That must be hard even on the cacti?

Native cacti do OK, though I'll occasionally dump a bucket of water on some during severe drought conditions. Most non-native cacti I have on drip, along with my Agaves. Sun is back today, but here's a shady spot.

Thumbnail by GermanStar
Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Hola GermanStar, unfortunately I cannot see clearly the middle plant on the right side of the photo. Is it an Agave isthmensis 'Salina Cruz' OAX, by any chance (a young one?).? Xuling

That is a small A. potatorum, along with a single offset. Pretty little thing I hope to coax through our next winter.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Not only clouds yesterday, but 1/10 of an inch of rain!!!! YYYIIPPPEEEEE

Maricopa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Got something like 2 inches where I live yesterday , biggest rain event that I have seen here in 3 to 4 years .

I was looking at rainfall data for where I am, in June Crieff received 3.3 inches of rain but this was spread out over 16 days! For all that the UK has reputation for rain it doesn't get many heavy downpours, just lots of light to moderate rain spread relatively evenly over time. Lowest ever monthly sunshine recorded was 36 minutes for Jan 1983 at Cape Wrath, NW Scotland.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.