Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Computer Talk: Windows 7 Libraries - Folders

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 4, Views: 101
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dogs_N_Petunias
Cleburne, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 6, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9195142

Been on Windows XP forever. New laptop computer has Windows 7. Trying to understand Libraries. I want to put just certain files on new laptop. 20 gigs of digital photos transferred with no problem because Pictures library was already set up. But I don't understand where I'm supposed to create a new folder for my eBook photo albums, for example. Am I supposed to first create a new folder for eBooks under my User folder on C drive (where the folders for My Pictures, My Videos, etc., are) and copy the files from USB to that folder instead of to a Library folder? If so, what is next step to include them in Libraries?

I am just thoroughly confused about this. I hate getting a new computer.

Thanks.
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

August 5, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9230048

I hate Windows 7. LOLOL Don't know why I EVER thought I couldn't live without it. My desktop has 7, but the laptop has XP. At least I KNOW where to find "some" stuff on there. Win. 7, not a prayer. :>) Good luck.
prosdokaobasile
Midland, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9245586

If a program installed the libraries for you, just reinstall the program. If not, basically just create the folders in the same place as they were in XP or just create a folder in My Documents called 'ebook/photo album'. The first choice is definitely the best though.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9256656

Try the following links regarding libraries:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/explore/libraries?T1=librarieswork

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-libraries-%E2%80%93-and-why-you-want-them/
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

August 28, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9256676

Oh, I found the problem...there seems to be a little box to the left of the "inbox" and somehow that was unchecked so nothing would show. Check box, and...wa-la...all folders now show. Sorry for not posting the problem was rectified. :>)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America