Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Looking for long lost recipe

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

A friend of mine (no computer) asked me to help her find a recipe from the 70's-80's. She originally got the recipe from a mailing from The Current stationary house, possibly included w/ their catalog. Miriam Loo & her husband started the company. Miriam published a few cookbooks . This particular recipe is a dessert made w/ a light pastry and filled w/ cream cheese. My friend remembers the comment that this recipe was very popular @ office parties and when asked about it she called it 'some sort of cheesecake'.
Does this ring a bell w/ any of you? I immediately thought of sopapilla cheesecake recipe but that is not it.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

There was a popular cheesecake pie with chocolate chips in the 80's. Would that be likely to be the one you wanted?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I don't think it is 'cheesecake' in the traditional sense. 2 layers of pastry w/ a cream cheese filling. that is why I thought of sopapilla cheese cake.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The one I'm thinking of wasn't two layers but it also wasn't a typical cheesecake. It was made in a pie crust.

Did you try the Philadelphia Cream Cheese site?

It sounds SO good!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't know, but maybe a google search will help. I typed in:
"Miriam Loo" desserts
and a lot of her titles came up.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2012 7:38 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

yes, I did find Miriam Loo's cookbooks on line. I suspect I will run across some of her cookbooks in used book stores. I will try the Philly site. Thank you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.