Looking for long lost recipe

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

A friend of mine (no computer) asked me to help her find a recipe from the 70's-80's. She originally got the recipe from a mailing from The Current stationary house, possibly included w/ their catalog. Miriam Loo & her husband started the company. Miriam published a few cookbooks . This particular recipe is a dessert made w/ a light pastry and filled w/ cream cheese. My friend remembers the comment that this recipe was very popular @ office parties and when asked about it she called it 'some sort of cheesecake'.
Does this ring a bell w/ any of you? I immediately thought of sopapilla cheesecake recipe but that is not it.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

There was a popular cheesecake pie with chocolate chips in the 80's. Would that be likely to be the one you wanted?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I don't think it is 'cheesecake' in the traditional sense. 2 layers of pastry w/ a cream cheese filling. that is why I thought of sopapilla cheese cake.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The one I'm thinking of wasn't two layers but it also wasn't a typical cheesecake. It was made in a pie crust.

Did you try the Philadelphia Cream Cheese site?

It sounds SO good!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't know, but maybe a google search will help. I typed in:
"Miriam Loo" desserts
and a lot of her titles came up.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2012 7:38 PM

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

yes, I did find Miriam Loo's cookbooks on line. I suspect I will run across some of her cookbooks in used book stores. I will try the Philly site. Thank you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.