Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Mosaics and Stained Glass: I need suggestions.

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 3, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
new2this2
Sapulpa, OK

July 6, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9195923

This is my first attempt at any type of mosaic work. It is made of stained glass chips and aquarium gravel. This is the back side as it lays on my light table. When it is flipped and ready to grout, the fish will be more orange than red. I can't decide what color to grout. I am thinking pearl grey because it is neutral but I just don't know. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thumbnail by new2this2
Click the image for an enlarged view.

drtdgr
Tacoma, WA

July 7, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9197079

Try this link: http://www.thejoyofshards.co.uk/projects/pr2mirr.shtml

I think pearl grey will be too light. A darker color will really make the fish pop. Susan
drtdgr
Tacoma, WA

July 7, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9197181

Oh, I think it's very cute too. Please post the results after the grouting! Susan
Serendipia
Hillside, NJ

July 11, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9201302

Cover all the surface with masking tape but the fish, then grout the fish with a dark color; when the grout dries, cover the fish only and grout the rest with the pearl grey grout - the fish will pop out and you'll have a beautiful piece of artwork.

Best to you,

Norman.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 273 Aug 27, 2014 6:35 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America