Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Peppermint Patties

(Zone 7a)

1 pound package powdered sugar
3 tablespoons margarine,softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortning

In a mixing bowl,combine powdered
sugar,margarine,vanilla and pepper-
mint extracts and milk. Shape into
1-inch balls and place on waxed
paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten
with with a glass to 1/4 inch
thick,cover and freeze 30 minutes.
In a double boiler or microwave
oven,melt chocolate chips and
shortening. Dip patties into
melted chocolate and place on
waxed paper to harden.
Makes about 5 dozen.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh, double yum!!!! I may have to experiment with this one, as I am a dark chocolate/mint fiend. These sound wonderful for my Christmas goodie plates that we take to the neighbors. Thanks!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Thanks! Did you find that in the cookbook?

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

11 yr.old thread. wow. Terry, did you make these?

How do you even find a thread 11 years old. There must be a way to search stuff I never learned.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I went to the Recipe sticky and in the upper, right-hand corner is a search box, in which I typed 'peppermint patties' - the recipe was in the results.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

I made these this past weekend and very pleased with the result. I used half semi-sweet chips and half dark choc chips. One note, however....

Making 1-inch balls per the instructions, this recipe only makes 30 patties--half the 5 doz the recipe says. Maye the 5 doz yield is for a double recipe? I used a 1" disher, leveled off, in making the drops. The 2 C of choc chips was plenty for the dipping. I am keeping them in the fridge--they are a bit soft at room temp. I put them in the fridge on a cookie sheet and then stacked them in a bowl after they were chilled so they wouldn't stick together. ~ pen

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.