Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Lilies: ID Please!!

Communities > Forums > Lilies
bookmark
Forum: LiliesReplies: 1, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Vivixant
New Hampton, NY

July 7, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9197166

For the past four years this lily sends out its buds Late May early June, but the deer devours them before flower emerges. This year I was determine to assist in the survival to see exactly what was behind the buds. I used deer defense, and it survived. I was so surprised at the size of the lily and the awesome aroma. I picked both flowers and placed them in a small vase of water. For seven continuous nights my entire living room was perfumed from sunset until sunrise. Anyone knows the name of this lily? I must have planted it some four years ago.

Thumbnail by Vivixant
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Moby
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

July 11, 2012
10:33 AM

Post #9201681

How tall is this lily? Do you have any other named lilies that bloom around that time?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Lilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
lilium White Henryi lincolnitess 55 Jan 1, 2008 4:30 PM
The sickness continues... ivory 268 Oct 23, 2007 9:34 PM
Lily Germination Leftwood 8 Apr 21, 2007 7:20 PM
Fasciated Lilys menkids 108 Dec 6, 2007 2:20 PM
my Lilium seeds germinated bloomoon 10 May 8, 2008 3:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America