Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Fruit: black mission fig tree

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 1, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
petsaveranne
Orchard Grass Hills, KY

July 9, 2012
11:46 AM

Post #9199205

i have a black mission fig tree in a container on deck growing very nice its about 5ft tall,can you give me any info,when should i get figs,how to save this tree when winter comes,anything at all? thanks petsaverannette
NatureLover1950
Vicksburg, MS
(Zone 8a)

July 13, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9203669

I don't know what zone you are. Down here I prefer to plant mine out in the fall so they will have a better root system come next summer when they likely won't get much rain. I mulch them well to keep the roots warm. I don't have any black missions--mine are Celeste and brown turkey. They all started putting figs on when they were about 5 feet tall. If they put too many, I thinned them until the trees got bigger. If you plant it outside, it may put on a small crop for you next year.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America