Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Another "What is it?" question :)

Los Angeles, CA

Hi ya'all. I must have spent 6 hours yesterday searching to identify my houseplant yesterday. I had no luck and hope you all can help me? Please let me know if you've ever seen this guy before. He's from Home Depot, bought yesterday afternoon because I liked him, and none of the similar plants had id beyond "tropical exotic foliage" or "Stump Mix". Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thumbnail by Ingie Thumbnail by Ingie
San Francisco, CA

It's a "dinner-plate Aralia" Polyscias scuttelaria http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/189644/

Los Angeles, CA

Bless you, that's it! I needed to know too, because I didn't know it likes lots of sunshine! Now I do and hope I'll be able to keep it happy :) Thank you so very much!!!

Ingie

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Just make sure that if it's something that Home Depot had indoors with the houseplants or outside under shade, you will need to adjust it gradually to being in more sun, otherwise it can sunburn.

Los Angeles, CA

Really? Ok! Thank you for letting me know! I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.