Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Pachypodium horombense bloom

Yardley, PA

This is the first year my Pachypodium horombense has bloomed. It is so pretty.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Woohoo, congrats!

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9a)

Lucky you to get a bloom. You don't have that one in the ground. Did you put some in the ground this summer. I remember you did last year.

Yardley, PA

I have a whole bunch in the ground that are doing great. I can't wait to see the growth on them at the end of the summer.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9a)

It looks like you have a great place for them with irrigation and mulch and good soil.They look happy. Hope they don't get so big that it is hard to get them back into a pot of s-h!

BTW, I read somewhere that Euphorbia milii does great in s-h and so I tried one of mine and, you know, they do! The hot summer is hard on Euphorbia milii here, but the one in s-h is not suffering at all and making nice new green leaves now. Usually it just sits in the summer and waits for cooler nights. We have even been running records high lows of 90s at night and still it looks very good!

Yardley, PA

I have a lot of euphorbia in s/h and they do do great. I could never grow the E. Knuthii before s/h. They would rot on me. I put in in s/h and it has grow happily for years with no problem. The first photo I have a E. decaryi and the francosii. There is a large E. obesa at the end of the rack. The E. knuthii is on the bottom right shelf.

Thumbnail by Sally0 Thumbnail by Sally0 Thumbnail by Sally0
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9a)

Do you put all your s-h plants out in the summer or just selected ones? I've got to try E. knuthii myself. It is a wonderful plant!

Yardley, PA

I just put selected ones out because I have too many to in s/h. I probably have about 75 succulents and caudiciforms in s/h.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.