Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Soil and Composting: I am here with a dirty question?

Communities > Forums > Soil and Composting
bookmark
Forum: Soil and CompostingReplies: 6, Views: 78
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9200774

I am looking for some reviews about Moo- Nure,I would like some opinions from previous users,any thoughts or suggestions ,anyone?
bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

July 10, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9200805

What is mooo nure???

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 10, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9200813

MOO-NURE is a commercially sold manure product sold in bags like garden soil as a fertilizer and amendment for plants.

It has a Holstien cow on the bag.

HoneybeeNC

HoneybeeNC
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9201373

I think Gymgirl (Linda) mentioned using it in one of her posts.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9201508

Juhur7,
I have six 25 lb. bags in the garage. They are emitting an ammonia odor, which leads me to believe they are not quite finished composting. They've been there about 10 days, and the smell seems to be dissipating.

I bought them as an amendment to my new (2nd) raised bed that will be used this fall/wtr for my root crops. I've grown them before using Black Kow Composted Manure as an amendment, and they did very well with the rich organic amendment. I never got the ammonia odor with the BK, but then again, I didn't store it either. I used it almost immediately, before I learned that some of the composts might not be finished "cooking"...

In any case, I won't be sowing seeds in this bed until around the 1st of August, so the compost should be finished doing whatever it needs to do before then.

Linda

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9201522

Thank you all for the replies! I was wondering about the direct use or tea question,I guess this means brewed tea and whats left goes in during the fall. I was "a" wondering. (it didn't smell or feel quite right to me either)
Seems like chores, "a many a thing ain't quite finished these days"

THANKS AGAIN!! and hope good gardening with the fall greens!!!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9202001

That is not to I like or dislike the product,I am looking around here for lids to a larger bucket to brew it in. At the moment I have a coffee can sitting in the driveway ,in that mean old hot sun we all love to no end,that is brewing that up for me, It is simmering mostly and boiling by afternoon.
Imagine that a solar moo-nure cooker! Only it is really unreasonable to expect anyone to be all that excited about a manure tea pile.!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Soil and Composting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Clay poppysue 16 Oct 21, 2013 3:56 PM
Free compost, myth or truth JaiMarye 14 Oct 27, 2010 6:58 AM
Who Bakes Dirt 76summerwind 29 Apr 4, 2008 6:22 PM
sterilizing options tiG 22 Mar 29, 2008 7:47 PM
Soil & Fertilizer: Compost Tea SoCal 119 Mar 5, 2008 11:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America