Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Talk: Lowe's Loot

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 1, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
frausnow
Winterville, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 12, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9203177

Made out like a bandit today at Lowe's discount cart ... paid a little over $24 for all this:

Weigela "Wine & Roses' reg. $19.98 on sale for $9!
Clematis 'Nelly Moser' no reg price sticker, $5 for a 5 gal pot.
Clematis 'Dr. Ruppel' no reg price sticker, $2.75 for a 1 gal pot.
Euonymus Emerald Gaiety reg price $6.98 for $2.
Indian Hawthorne 'Eleanor Tuber' reg. $5.98 for $2.50.
Spirea 'Magic Carpet' reg $5.98 for $2.

I love that discount cart! Usually the plant look in pretty bad shape, but all of the ones I got look in great shape.
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

July 19, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9211723

What a great feeling of satisfaction you must have! I have a Crape Myrtle that is blooming freely right now that was bought at Lowe's last year, similar situation. I feel that I "rescued" the shrub, and so, you have done the same! I also haunt the clearance spots in the local nurseries regularly, got one HUGE Thunderhead Pine this way just a month ago. Could not have afforded it any other way, and I kinda like the gnarly, uneven growth pattern it shows. The flattened back side (it isn't symmetrical and that's probably why it didn't sell) is not problem for my site.

Congratulations, and keep on!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America