Have an idea who this is

Mulberry, FL

2 years no flower grows and grows has the tri lobe leaves and it also has single leaves. It took the cold weather last winter down to 20 froze back came back I do not feed it as its growing all over as it is. Any ideas to what I could do to force it to bloom?? I grew these from seed thats a cd so you can see how large the leaves are

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7b)

most unusual... one year I can see no flowers.. two is too long... but you're not through the second year yet...
Spray-N-Grow is a favorite.. and will soon get most anything to flower..
does it have the little clinging threads that the passis have..

Mulberry, FL

Yes it does ones crawling up a tree the others mixed in with a sky blue vine yes this is 2 years now. The stalk is thick nothing dainty about this at all. Being in the ground I have not found and coming off the roots either which is weird for any passion vine

Mulberry, FL

OK Gordon I ordered some off ebay lets see how it does I just want to see the flower I have antashia here to no flower on that one either hope it work thanks for the tip

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Dana, do you have a link you can post where you bought your Passiflora vines?

Mulberry, FL

no sure don't

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, gee, Dana - your memory must be like mine.

Tarpon Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Looks and sounds like p.edulis of some sort.

Mulberry, FL

No I have 3 different edius its sweet cabash as the seeds were sold to me as has never bloomed p. Edius is blooming all over

This message was edited Apr 6, 2013 6:34 PM

San Diego, CA

Dana, I believe Sweet Cabash is suppose to be P. Maliformis which this definately is not. This is some type of Edulis or Edulis hybrid, did you grow it from seed?
Mark

Mulberry, FL

Yes I have 3 here there big buying seeds from ebay is always a crap shoot either you get very old seeds that won't grow or who knows?? I buy plants now

San Diego, CA

Dana, I don't remember but I think Edulis can take 3 or 4 years to bloom from seed.

Mulberry, FL

Wow if I knew that i would have never even started them thanks for the info. Snapped these this AM

Thumbnail by Danasplants Thumbnail by Danasplants

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.