Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Computer Talk: can't scroll

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 7, Views: 83
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gabriell
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 14, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9204820

I have a new HP lap top. When I am reading email if it is of a certain length I can not scroll all the way to the end. My granddaughter told me to left click twice and do something and it would scroll but it does not. It's only on email. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Lee40
Fort Worth, TX

July 18, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9209981

What kind of mouse to you have? (If you're using a mouse) If you are using the censor, double click the middle of the censor. An up and down arrow should show up for you.
prosdokaobasile
Midland, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2012
9:33 AM

Post #9245588

Are you using a program or just reading it off of the internet (like hotmail)?
gabriell
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 25, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9253775

I took it to Best Buy and "geek" made it work. Sort of suggested I might have done something. Since then went in again with problem that was fixed while I stood there.I told man this was my fourth time in since I bought it in April. I suggested I need new computer. He said "It doesn't work like that".This is not my first computer, my third. Never had this much trouble.I can't believe it is something I am doing.
prosdokaobasile
Midland, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9253783

That's why I don't deal with the "geeks". Their job is not to fix your computer, but to charge you out the butt (last I looked, $78/hr) to tell you, you need to buy ANOTHER computer and yours would cost more to fix than to buy another one. Best thing to do is find a friend that works on computers. Here in hell, TX, I am that friend. :) One thing I would highly suggest is to get Norton 360 and install it on your computer. Staples is usually the cheapest if you have their rewards card. If you don't, get one.

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #9254677

The new Norton has techs who can take control of your computer long distance to 'fix' it, this cost is $70- now we know where the geeks are finding new jobs. I love my Toshiba- I REALLY do. I also know the new puters are rolling out as huge because like iPhone everything is online all the time. Good luck.
gabriell
Tyler, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 26, 2012
7:29 PM

Post #9254826

I paid for the priviledge of having the geeks take care of my computer. I have not been charged and they always make it work. It's just I don't understand why it will work perfectly and next time I use it something is wrong. I am the first to admit I am not technical.

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 27, 2012
3:40 AM

Post #9255023

Houston has some stores that aren't as up to speed on techs, but I love my BB stores! And their geeks! You learn by doing things one simple step at a time, and a lot of times- it isn't you - it's other people sending you malicious junk- or please send us money so we can buy your guns to shoot you with nonsense, even with Nortons antivirus programs- they've locked up one of my putters an now I am on my way to a geek to simply wipe the hard drive and start over (previous owner removal technique)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America