Photo by Melody

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Clean the inside sole of sandals?

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips
bookmark
Forum: Beauty and Fashion TipsReplies: 3, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9205854

The inside soles of my sandals have dark footprints. YUK! Any secrets to cleaning these? some leather & some suede.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9226319

Oh dear, it's been a while since you've posted this, I am sorry for your wait. :(
This might sound like "Captain Obvious", but have you tried a leather/suede cleaner? Heh heh, yeah, I told you it sounds like Captain Obvious, but I'm thinking that might be your best bet. There should be a way to use a cloth to clean just the areas you want to target, without messing up the rest of the shoe.

Personally, I wear Keens most of the time (since I work outside and they get muddy/cruddy), so mine just get tossed into the washing machine... when I'm not hosing them off. =)
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

August 1, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9226349

yes, I will try leather cleaner. & now I will Google 'Keens'. No idea what they are. thank you.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 2, 2012
2:59 AM

Post #9226753

I get my Keens at zappos (dot com). While they are a bit pricey, they are a good deal there, the shipping is beyond excellent, and the customer service is even better than that. The last pair I got, they were in my hands the day after I ordered them, and in the (short) interim, they had sent me 2 emails to notify me that they had processed the order, and then shipped the shoes. Then another email 2 days later to make sure I got them on time and to make sure they were ok. Working in direct customer service myself, I like that kind of personal service and follow-through. I really put these shoes through heck and back, but they take a massive beating from me (I'm harder on the toes of shoes than a bike-riding 10 year old dragging his toes across the concrete!), but when they come out of the wash, they look like brand new. :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America