Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Clean the inside sole of sandals?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

The inside soles of my sandals have dark footprints. YUK! Any secrets to cleaning these? some leather & some suede.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh dear, it's been a while since you've posted this, I am sorry for your wait. :(
This might sound like "Captain Obvious", but have you tried a leather/suede cleaner? Heh heh, yeah, I told you it sounds like Captain Obvious, but I'm thinking that might be your best bet. There should be a way to use a cloth to clean just the areas you want to target, without messing up the rest of the shoe.

Personally, I wear Keens most of the time (since I work outside and they get muddy/cruddy), so mine just get tossed into the washing machine... when I'm not hosing them off. =)

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

yes, I will try leather cleaner. & now I will Google 'Keens'. No idea what they are. thank you.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

I get my Keens at zappos (dot com). While they are a bit pricey, they are a good deal there, the shipping is beyond excellent, and the customer service is even better than that. The last pair I got, they were in my hands the day after I ordered them, and in the (short) interim, they had sent me 2 emails to notify me that they had processed the order, and then shipped the shoes. Then another email 2 days later to make sure I got them on time and to make sure they were ok. Working in direct customer service myself, I like that kind of personal service and follow-through. I really put these shoes through heck and back, but they take a massive beating from me (I'm harder on the toes of shoes than a bike-riding 10 year old dragging his toes across the concrete!), but when they come out of the wash, they look like brand new. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.