Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beauty and Fashion Tips: Clean the inside sole of sandals?

Communities > Forums > Beauty and Fashion Tips
bookmark
Forum: Beauty and Fashion TipsReplies: 3, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #9205854

The inside soles of my sandals have dark footprints. YUK! Any secrets to cleaning these? some leather & some suede.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9226319

Oh dear, it's been a while since you've posted this, I am sorry for your wait. :(
This might sound like "Captain Obvious", but have you tried a leather/suede cleaner? Heh heh, yeah, I told you it sounds like Captain Obvious, but I'm thinking that might be your best bet. There should be a way to use a cloth to clean just the areas you want to target, without messing up the rest of the shoe.

Personally, I wear Keens most of the time (since I work outside and they get muddy/cruddy), so mine just get tossed into the washing machine... when I'm not hosing them off. =)
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

August 1, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9226349

yes, I will try leather cleaner. & now I will Google 'Keens'. No idea what they are. thank you.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 2, 2012
2:59 AM

Post #9226753

I get my Keens at zappos (dot com). While they are a bit pricey, they are a good deal there, the shipping is beyond excellent, and the customer service is even better than that. The last pair I got, they were in my hands the day after I ordered them, and in the (short) interim, they had sent me 2 emails to notify me that they had processed the order, and then shipped the shoes. Then another email 2 days later to make sure I got them on time and to make sure they were ok. Working in direct customer service myself, I like that kind of personal service and follow-through. I really put these shoes through heck and back, but they take a massive beating from me (I'm harder on the toes of shoes than a bike-riding 10 year old dragging his toes across the concrete!), but when they come out of the wash, they look like brand new. :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America