Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Summer cooking continued

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Coming from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1258073/

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Going out for pizza with about 25 of my HS classmates.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice!

Had a late lunch so don't think I'll be cooking anything

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

chicken I had in the freezer already cooked in a food saver bag.. love those things!!.. every time I buy chicken I always get the family pack and freeze portions for the lazy days.. just made rice & beans .. easy peasy

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Pepper steak. Yum.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

looks yummy

kids were hungry when they got home from vbs so I was making tacos at 9pm

Thomaston, CT

Had a great time at the mini class reunion....pizza was wood fired & delish.....going out to lunch today....too hot to cook....

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Never done it but a whole young chicken on the grill. Oh boy this will be interesting.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

on the rotisserie? or one of the stand up holders and smoking it?

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Neither! I am going to put it in a pan - oh boy if I have a fire I will take a pic

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

You can pretty much cook anything on the grill

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Too hot to cook. Went to Lobster Landing in Clinton for their famous hot lobster rolls, accompanied by a bevy of pushy sparrows. And of course had to try their gelato while watching the boats return. Non-dairy has no calories, right?

Thomaston, CT

That's what I said about the coconut-chocolate chunk ice cream I had at Arethusa Farm for dessert....it was so hot, the calories burned right up!

Skunk on the grill is yummy!

Haha

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

That chicken was so moist and good. I commend myself for the 1st time. yumppp

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

too hot.. steamed dumplings from the Chinese place

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

burgers on the grill and corn on the cob

Pork tenderloin roast and golden beets on the grill, steamed rice and gravy.

Seasoned pork with a side of broccoli, white beans, sweet roasted peppers, garlic and onions.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

burgers/dogs and sweet potatoes

Thomaston, CT

Wow....I nned you folks to come cook for me....I had a bagel with cheese...:>(

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I had indian from a pouch. It was so spicy that I couldn't eat much. Stupid cat wanted to lick the bowl!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL... good lunch.. black bean burger... bad dinner.. cheese steak.. or you might think of that the other way around

;)

Thomaston, CT

Both sound good to me.....had gazpacho & a sandwich....still too tired to cook, but am now on stronger meds & an inhaler....

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I think we can eat fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and a little basil with vinaigrette 366 days a year. Except not much basil in the winter. It's been too hot to grill here.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Agree, Cathy

Robin, get better soon...please take it easy!

Leftover Chinese food from lunch

I agree too. You can freeze fresh basil!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I made whoopie pies again....had a gal from Florida who didn't know what they were. ;o

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh man.. not fair!!!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

^_^

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jen...need chicken soup, but it's too hot!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yankee Candle just came out with a Whoppie pie candle

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

bahhh... Celeste's house already smells like that

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL!

Have you heard of half moon cookies? Soft chocolate cookie frosted half white and half chocolate frosting? Originated in Pittsford, NY. very good, probably similar to a whopie pie but just 1 layer. Mmm.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the only one I know like that is a black & white cookie.. even though they are more a cake than cookie to me

The black and white cookies were a white crispy cookie, with a hard icing, in NYC anyway. Isn't a whoopee pie a soft cookie too?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes.. like cake.. the black & whites we just bought from nanuet bakery.. were almost like a whoopie pie with sort of hard icing .. cake.. not snappy.. depends on where you get them from

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.