Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The BEST tasting STUFF - New! (at least to me)

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I am usually behind the times so maybe you all have tried the Biscoff spread and it is old news??? Comes in a small jar like peanut butter. I have never tasted Nutella --- and I know some say it is good --- but this stuff along the same line as Nutella is unbelievable.

On toast. On bananas. On ice cream. On apples. On a spoon. In a shake. It is exactly the same flavor as those brownish tan cookies given on plane flights ---but in this form ---- OUTSTANDING.

Just thought I would share my 'find' with you. Made by LOTUS. Product of Belgium. I found it at Walmart. Peanut butter section. I don't know how many calories in peanut butter but this is 89 per tablespoon. The tablespoon goes a long way as a spread on crackers.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Rosie, I'm ON IT - will get some asap - THANKS for the recommendation! If it can replace peanut butter that would be wonderful - peanut butter here in my area is $8 a pint!

This cost me $6 and I thought that was high! It lasts tho because it just takes a wee bit and it spreads real easy ( unlike peanut butter)

Listen Kay, this stuff is addicting. I am not a 'foodie' kinda person. And, I'd rather have bread as opposed to sweets, so it took me by surprise .............maybe I'll try this on hawaiian bread...........
Try it at your own risk and don't be mad at me.

LOL! Isn't that Hawaiian bread THE BEST?! I have some, so will run over to Walmart and see if I can find what you recommended.

Well please be sure to weigh in on this new treat. I am anxious to know what tou think.

OK - will do!

OK, Rosie - one of us is in BIG trouble - I think it is YOU! I bought a jar of this stuff and after the first taste, I had to put it AWAY - OMG, this is the best tasting stuff I've had in a long time! Thank you for giving me the heads-up on this spread - it is TERRIFIC!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i found Nutella a few years ago.....all i can say is OMG. i always keep it in the pantry.

Deb, this stuff is MUCH better than Nutella! This product tastes EXACTLY like the biscotti cookies the airlines serve - AMAZING!

I told you so. Try at your own peril! Brought a jar to work last week and today went to spread on a rice cake during dessert time at work ( rice cake and thin smear of stuff = Lo Cal ) and......GONE! They left me the empty jar. There are only 4 others who could get to that jar!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Very disappointed in Nutella anymore, they are putting too much soy lecithin in it, too liquidy now
I found another hazelnut spread imported from Italy in Shoprite...(name escapes me right now) sooo good like Nutella used to be
I won't be able to try that Biscoff since it has wheat in it

Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut butter blend is good, more hazelnut tasting than chocolate
Peanut Butter&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams is really good too

Jen, where do you buy that last one - I am a dark chocolate fanatic!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I've bought it at Shoprite and Target, probably get it online too

Medina, OH

Missing Rosie-Guess I'm in big trouble, thanks to you! I have an apple, quartered and cored, spread with peanut butter almost
every morning of the year. Hubbie is convinced I am nuts. (pun intended). Will pick up a jar of this wonder spread and join the
group! Thanks for the tip. S.

Enjoy! It is great just on a spoon.

Rosie, I REALLY am going to GET YOU - no, I really MEAN IT! I just went and purchased a jar of mocha cappuccino butter - BAD ON YOU! LOL I still like the biscotti butter best, but I now have a second best friend! Not much can get me down, if I have a spoon and one of these jars of paradise - heck, I don't even NEED the spoon!

Well...Kay....I may have stuck my finger in it ....maybe just once in a weak moment....

Mocha cappuccino?? What is that?

It's YUMMY, that's what it is! It's made by JIF and has Hazel nuts and chocolate. I got it in the peanut butter aisle at Wally Mart.

Oh man......well I may as well try it.......

LOL - we are such easy targets!

Kay -- truer words never spoken AND the target is GETTING BIGGER as I sample the "butters" of the world.

The operative word here is 'BUTTers' - if we eat some of each on the market, we can kiss our 'BUTTs' goodbye!

Ha! I fear with me it is a big fat HELLO or an incredulous WHOA!

Olympia, WA

As a newly diagnosed diabetic, I realize that this is territory I best avoid. It IS fun, however, to vicariously enjoy your pleasures!!!!

wanna - as you grow into your confidence with your diabetes you will learn how to safely eat everything --it is a matter of balance.

Olympia, WA

missingrosie - thank you! I think I already have a sense for that. I am just in first month and have managed to get those #s down far enough that the decision to put me on Metformin has been suspended. Time will tell. AND in time- who knows?

Exactly right. Keep going down that planned path and you will be expert in no time. Plus, other perks come with the monitored nutrition - lower BP, lipids, weight and more energy. Even if these things not an issue - improvements come anyway.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Most diet changes have the best results without having to go on meds

Johnson City, TN(Zone 6b)

After reading this thread, I have to go look for the biscoff spread! I bought Nutella for the first time last week. I like it but not well enough to eat from a spoon lol. Sounds like I am not gonna be able to say that with the biscoff.

If you like the airline biscoff cookies, you will adore this spread!

Olympia, WA

Quote from KayJones :
If you like the airline biscoff cookies, you will adore this spread!

Airlines give cookies???? Is this a first class feature?

LOL! No, they try to appease the budget section with a package of these cookies, a bag of peanuts and a 4-oz. glass of soda - it gets me through a 2-hour flight, but I always take a pbj sandwich to tide me over.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

well, my order from amazon arrived today.
i may be the only person on the face of the earth to say this but i didn't like it at all. yes, it had a good flavor but to me it was like eating sweetened grease....which is basically what it is.
doesn't have the protein or vitamin/mineral count of peanut butter...just empty calories......i'd rather eat a chocolate bar if i want empty calories.....:-(

Oh, Debi - sorry you didn't like it. You can bring it to me when you come to visit me, which will be soon, I hope!

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

already figured that out. i got a two pack. you are getting the one that hasn't been opened! didn't figure you'd want the opened one but i will be happy to give that one to you too!
i'll send them when i send your plants...god only knows when i'll get up that way......sigh.

Tracks - oh no! Sorry you didn't like. First and most ingredient is wheat flour and so not all the spread is fat ( and it has no animal anything in it ). Peanut butter has significantly more fat and more saturated fat and sodium too. It does have more nutritional value however. Is Nutella healthier since it has nuts? I have not tried that yet. Didn't Amazon give the ingredients so you could have checked it out? Anyway, wish I didn't like it. But, I have no worries since now I don't keep it in the house and at work (in a cardiac and pulmonary unit with dieticians and nurses and exercise physiologists!!) a jar will last approx 5 working days. I told the staff that next time it empties they will need to invest - I am tired of supporting their habit. I figure next time I will try the two Jen suggested. (But not yet as I have my physical end August.) Kay, I guess you lucked out!

Debi, we are only 4 hours from each other. If you can meet me half way, we can have our own plant/nut butter swap! LOL

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

no problem, mc. we can't all like everything. i did do some research on my peanut butter. i have to say that i like most foods as little processed as possible but i do not like fresh ground peanut butter. it's just too sticky. i buy Skippy Natural. it's about $5 a 26.5 oz jar and publix runs a BOGO on it fairly often.
so here's how the two stack up to each other.

Skippy Natural................. Cookie Spread
calories 95 ......... 89
fat 8 ........ 6
sat. fat 1.75....... 1
sodium 75........ 33
carbs 3........ 8
fiber 1....... .1
protein 3.5....... .05

to answer one of the above questions...i like nutella and i use it in place of a piece of candy. yes, the nuts make it a little more healthy but don't be fooled. it's not a "health" food. it's a treat, like candy or cake or anything else you're not supposed to eat!

i don't know why my post came out like it did but i'll try to fix it.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2012 8:11 AM

This message was edited Jul 31, 2012 8:12 AM

Good morning, all.

Debi, we have to sin sometimes! Sugar is my sin of choice. I don't eat myself into a sugar-induced coma, but I enjoy it regularly.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

O.K...O.K. You guys finally got to me with the Biscoff......Just happened to be in Wally Mart and could not resist buying a jar. Just had my first spoonfull.......my eyes rolled back in my head......crunch a licious!!!
Glad I did miss your posts!!

Sylvia........your new partner in addiction

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.