Garden Gems 2012 #6

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

The other thread was getting quite long, so here's a new one. Post your favorite flower and gardens shots.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1269619/

Karen

Double Orange Blossom

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Blackberry Candy with Double Orange Blossom, Ambrosian Rhapsody, Scarlet's Web, Geneva Firetruck, Eye-Yi-Yi.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Brown Witch and Khorassan, Baroody, Elvis Rock King, Staci Cox, Nowhere To Hide.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Hot Ember and Envy Me, Fresh Start, 2 shots of Siloam French Doll, Mildred Mitchel.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jamie Gossard seedling purchased from a Lily Auction seller, All American Chief, seedling (I think) purchased from a lady on the Cape, Concord Nelson, my mother's white seedling.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Druid Spell, Mad Max, Fuchsia Four, Spindazzle, Delightful Treasure.

Karen

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Some long shots of the gardens. The first has in the foreground (from left to right) Spindazzle/Grey Witch/Rocket Booster, another shot with that same group of daylilies, then a shot with Chesapeake Crablegs in the forground. Lastly I have 2 shots of Chesapeake Crablegs.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like envy me the best

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Karen your a genius!! That NOID is 'Alpine Mist' !!!!
'Druid Spell' for me! I can tell it's one of Bill Munson's. :) I suspect this is a Munson too but im not positive on the I.D.
It's either 'Emperor Butterfly' or 'Malaysian Monarch'

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Indian Giver' clump
'Mrs. London's Apricot Tart'
'Fire on The Mountain'
'Real Wind' clump
Noid

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Peppermint Phlox? or Pinwheel
New lily....name is escaping me right now
'African Queen'
Phlox 'Laura' just starting
'Sorbonne'

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ooohhh I like the phlox

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lily Clump on the side of the house, under my bathroom window.....natural air freshener. ^_^
'Girosa'
NOID
'Westbounre Birthday for Theresa'
Noid Phlox

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Just lilies....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Mix...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Last ones for now...
NOID
'Westbourne Big Hug for momma Kirby'
'China Lake'
'Baby Blues'
'Stack the Deck'

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

all great Celeste!!!..oh I love the natural air freshener idea.. too yucky out to even have the windows open though..

since I can't I will put out a reminder to pinch your coleus if you are growing them.. the ones on the front step were already trying to flower.. always best to stop it before it happens .. guess mine will be going to heck soon

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty blooms Karen & Pixie.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Karen and Celeste!

Been piching my coleus Allison and sticking them in pots that need fillers!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good job Ronnie!!!!... you know my ocd is kicking in not being able to deadhead or pinch anything.. getting ants in the pants.. but I am still behaving

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

You better be!! I'll pinch off a few extra marigolds for ya!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you.. LOL

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, guys!

Celeste, that's definitely Malaysian Monarch. I have both that and Emperor Butterfly, and EB is much lighter, more of a violet orchid. I love Munson's daylilies. Glad I could help with your ID of Alpine Mist. I love your clumps of Indian Giver and Real Wind. Neither one of mine has developed into a big clump yet. IG will probably be nice in a couple more years. Got moved from a bad spot a few years ago. RW needs to be moved, as it gets too much shade where it is now. I also really like Baby Blues and Stack The Deck. I know I've mentioned last year that I liked Stack The Deck.

I'd help you pinch if I was closer, Allison.

Karen

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks Karen!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Pinched yesterday as you suggested. :)
Thanks Karen!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the only coleus I can get to easy was the under the sea on the front steps.. sat on the stairs & pinched.. guess the rest will be on there own this year :(

Thomaston, CT

Allison, I sympathize....I broke my hip the last week of July....got home the 1st week of Aug. All the gardens needed care, but no one did a thing, except pick my veggies......I remember sitting on the stone wall, leaning into the garden as far as I could, to weed.....really futile. But the good part was instead of working in the garden, I had to sit and enjoy them.....something I rarely do.......so, sit & enjoy.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

been doing my best.. and have not been bad at all.. other than I went to the food store with Randy yesterday.. for some reason that is a really stressful thing to do alone.. and I needed things for the party tomorrow at my friends house.. would have bugged him out picking out lemons & oranges and the big list that I had.. but I am not baking or cooking anything this year.. figured my shopping trip was enough for the old bones.. LOL.. Randy does the deep frying party.. I just supervise.. and make sure he doesn't set fire to himself or the house.. so tomorrow won't be bad on me

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Supervisor! ^_^

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

'Rocky's Eye'
'Robert Lee Batt'
'Kalahari Jewel'
'Please Say Yes' clump
'P.S.Yes' single

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Lilies...

This message was edited Jul 20, 2012 7:11 PM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

few more

This message was edited Jul 20, 2012 7:12 PM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Just Phlox

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Last one's for tonight....
'Mary's Baby'
'Cat Dancer'
'Dragon's Eye'
'Beaming Blessings'
One of my all time favorites, year after year....'Maxfield Parrish'

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

So very nice!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

of course I love the blues!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Cleomes

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

A few more

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Me too

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

And still a few more!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.