Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Hoyas: Big Mac

Communities > Forums > Hoyas
bookmark
Forum: HoyasReplies: 0, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

July 20, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #9212118

After a couple of years my H. macgillivrayi is starting to bloom. It's vined up into a tree along with a few others so it took a while to sort out which plant the buds belonged to. The leaves were the give away. But later when I looked further along the vine I saw another peduncle loaded up (well, 4 anyway) with buds about to open. I always knew the mac was big, but it wasn't until seeing these buds that I realised just how big. The individual buds are over 20mm wide. Probably closer to 25mm. Getting close to get a photo was a bit tricky. Was worried I might break some of the vines with the ladder. And then the camera (cheap one) kept focussing on everything except the buds. Hopefully the flowers will open tomorrow. The second peduncle probably won't have anything open for a week, it has 5 buds (first photo).

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze   Thumbnail by tropicbreeze   Thumbnail by tropicbreeze   Thumbnail by tropicbreeze   Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Hoyas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Carol Noel order just came in. Dianne492 14 Oct 6, 2008 12:55 AM
Collection of your favorite informational Hoya links PanamonCreel 20 Dec 14, 2009 11:56 PM
Variegated & Green leaf on Kerrii ACsAgapePlants 4 Mar 2, 2009 3:29 AM
Big leaves meltn 75 Jul 14, 2007 3:14 PM
Hoya Jackpot in Vegas!! ACsAgapePlants 26 Apr 13, 2008 10:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America