Photo by Melody

Article: Nasturtium Seedpods: Frugal Capers or Black Peppercorns: Really Enjoyed Your Article

Communities > Forums > Article: Nasturtium Seedpods: Frugal Capers or Black Peppercorns
bookmark
Forum: Article: Nasturtium Seedpods: Frugal Capers or Black PeppercornsReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

DreamOfSpring

DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC
(Zone 9a)

July 20, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #9212367

I really enjoyed this article very much. I, too, love nasturtiums just for the lovely foliage and blooms. How wonderful to learn that they can be used in so many ways. Like many others, I was especially excited to learn that the seeds can be used to make a substitute for capers. My biggest frustration with capers has always been the fact that 1/2 or more of the bottle often goes to waste after I use the amount needed for the recipe at hand. It would be nice to have a way to make a substitute when needed.

If you have any doubts as to the success of this article, you need only check out the list of new tags for today!

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

July 20, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9212737

DreamOfSpring, I agree with you about the waste of the purchased caper products. They really need to produce smaller jars! You might invest some time researching various nasturtium pod recipes and make small batches to see which suits your needs for the most caper-like flavor. I use them all the time because they taste good, not necessarily because they taste like capers, lol.

Thank you so much for reading, posting your comments, and kind words about the article!
I wish you much luck with your pods,
--
Bev

Edited to add: thank you for the tip on the tags!

This message was edited Jul 20, 2012 6:32 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Nasturtium Seedpods: Frugal Capers or Black Peppercorns Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Tasty! pdhickey 3 Dec 26, 2010 2:08 PM
Nasturtium Caper Tip NatureLady 1 Dec 22, 2010 11:30 PM
Nasturtium anti wooly aphis ARWadoo 1 Jul 23, 2012 11:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America