Group participation is a great way to "feed" that exciting need for new and different plants! Who doesn't want new and exciting plants? Plants which are unusual and NOT available in the Big Box Stores... That’s what this swap is all about. My goal is to offer you the most exciting new and unusual seed varieties not available in the market today. Any plant can be unusual so please share whatever flower seeds you have that can not be commonly purchased in the store. It may just be what someone else is looking for. Personally I have collected and picked some interesting seeds that I will be unloading into this swap ☺.
** Every Participant ** - will receive a pack of Ismelia carinata in their package from me ☺. A vermiculite baggie and germination tips...to help with some of the uncommon seed types you may receive. I’ve included a pic of one of many colors of blooms the painted daisy produces.
To Sign Up send me a Dmail with Your Name, Address, and Email address. If I don’t receive a dmail from you then you will not be signed up just from posting here. International Members are more then welcome also.The participants will always be updated and listed here. Sign Up Until Sept. 5th (or up to 35 participants)
The seed packages Must Have the Botanical name of the seeds on the package. They can be in plastic baggies, paper, glassine, or your own special packaging. As long as the labels are Legible with Common and Botanical names. You can send up to 10 of the same type of seed packages, with a Limit of no more than 100 packages of seeds. NO VEGETABLES, NO HERBS... Please
About the Seeds: Please send seeds that you are 100% sure of the species and kind. Like for example please don’t send seeds labeled “Blue Columbine” If you are sending a Blue Columbine please know it’s botanical name, example: Aquilegia caerulea – Colorado Blue Columbine. There are no seed amount limits per package, due to the rarity of some of the seeds some of us might have. Therefore if you are offering 5 seeds in a pack it's acceptable in this Swap. Example: Seed pack of Merremia aurea (5 seeds). The seeds can be harvested or purchased by you. If not either, be sure the seeds are from a reputable source.
Please include $3.00 to $5.00 (not stamps) Return Postage for your seeds to be mailed back to you.
Or you can Paypal your return postage to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I didn't want Postage to come back and bite me in the butt...So those of you that can send another dollar or so will be considered a donation (thank you) for those unforeseen postal cost. The more participants the heaver the packages. In addition it may help with some of our International participants return postage that can not send US currency but have donated many seeds. For Paypal: Choose "sending to Friends and Family" Or I will not get the Full amount because of the charges. If you don't see that option in Your Paypal then Choose "Personal" and select "Other". Thanks
** Send Seeds - between August 20th thru September 20th **
Your Seeds - will be mailed to between on October 5th thru 21st. Everyone will receive a package with a USPS Tracking Number, which will be automatically emailed when your mailing label is printed. Each Participant will not receive less seeds then what they send in. Everyone will receive seeds from every participant with exception of not receiving any of your own seeds back ☺
Mail Your Seeds To:
43 Ash Rd.
Hamburg, PA 19526
** THIS THREAD: IS A "SIGN UP" AND "POSTING SEEDS" YOU ARE SENDING IN & "WISH LIST" ONLY **
You can Post at any time the seeds you will be sending, when you mailed, or wish list. I will be looking at everyone’s wish list posted here and taking private mail in case someone wants me to make sure a certain seed pack gets in their package! LOL
THE CHAT THREAD IS HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1271910/
1. Kim_M - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
2. poisondartfrog - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
3. Domehomedee - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
4. ahoogstra - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
5. CheerMom - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
6. JonnaSudenius - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
7. JenDion - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
8. Thalictrum - seeds arrived
9. bartjestuin - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
10. Chicory31 - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
11. roxxanne - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
12. epilogue1212 - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
13. midwestfarmwife - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
14. Flinter - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
15. gaea - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
16. luvsgrtdanes - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
17. warriorswisdomkathy - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
18. bluespiral - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
19. Elsa123 - seeds arrived - RECEIVED
This message was edited Nov 19, 2012 2:47 PM
CLOSED: SEEDS - RARE, UNIQUE, UNCOMMON FLOWERS SWAP - SIGN UP!
I d-mailed you my information. I would be delighted to join your swap.
I hope this doesn't sound too silly, but I am confused.
1.Do we all send the seeds, & a wish list? Then get, whatever was on the wish list?
2.Or, do we all send seeds, and then receive equal portions, of everything that was sent by everyone?
3.Or, do we have a choice of doing it, one way, or the other way?
1. Yes everyone sends seeds, a wish list is not required, and if you have/post a wish list I will be pulling seeds and adding seeds per request if you see someone post something you especially like.
2. Everyone sends seeds... Each Participant will not receive less seeds then what they send in. Everyone will receive seeds from every participant with exception of not receiving any of your own seeds back ☺
3. You choice is only in posting a wish list. But for the most part you will receive Surprises. Which is a lot of fun when you receive your package. I participated in a swap many years ago and I got some of the most unique seeds! It was like Christmas!
THE CHAT THREAD IS HERE: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1271910/
This message was edited Oct 15, 2012 2:49 PM
I will be adding these seeds to the Swap - Please check back often as I will update this list with more seeds until September 20th. * If you have a post here...Please use that post to Edit and/or Add to you Have and Want list. Just to keep the thread from getting to long for scrolling. Thanks!
TO SEARCH PLANTS HERE: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/search.php?Search=Search+plants
(type in the botanical name)
TO SEE SEED TYPES: http://www.theseedsite.co.uk/allseeds1.html
(in case you're not sure what some seeds may look like, to pick them) Scroll to the bottom for seeds A-Z
1. Franklinia alatamaha
2. Tree Scabiosa (Cephalaria gigantea)
3. Angelica ‘Summer Delight’
4. Stiff Goldenrod (Solidago rigada)
5. Korean Stewartia (Stewartia pseudocamellia)
6. Variegated Lunaria (Lunaria annua) ‘Pink Flowers’
7. Fingerhut Foxglove (Digitalis thapsi)
8. Pineapple Lily (Eucomis bicolor)
9. King’s Spear (Asphodeline lutea)
10. Variegated Geranium 'Confetti' (Geranium yoshinoi)
11. Indigofera ‘Little Pinkie’ (Whose Yo Daddy Hybrid Indigo) May come true… worth a try
12. White Allegheny Vine (Adlumia fungosa)
13. Mole Plant – Gopher Spurge (Euphorbia lathyris)
14. Giant Horned Poppy ‘Victoria Orange’ (Glaucium Flavum F. Fulvum)
15. Japanese Wood Poppy (Glaucidium palmatum) - 1
16. Golden St. John's Wort 'Sunburst' (Hypericum frondosum)
17. Keeled Garlic 'Fireworks Purple' (Allium carinatum subsp. pulchellum)
18. New Mexico Hummingbird Mint 'Lavender Haze' (Agastache neomexicana)
19. False Anemone (Anemonopsis macrophylla) - 1
20. Fragrant Sumac (Rhus aromatica)
21. Carolina Lupine (Thermopsis caroliniana) - rare yellow spotted leaves variegated form
22. Cordate Spikenard (Aralia cordata)
23. Whorled Milkweed (Asclepias verticillata) -
24. White Maltese Cross (Lychnis chalcedonica)
25. Royal Catchfly 'Prairie Fire' (Silene regia)
26. Purple Milkweed (Asclepias purpurascens) - 1
27. Pitcher's Leather Flower, Bluebill (Clematis pitcheri)
28. Variegated Japanese Thistle ‘White Frosted’ (Cirsium japonicum)
29. Hardy Hibiscus 'Peppermint Schnapps' (Hibiscus)
30. Pearl Bush (Exochorda) - rare rose relative, no thorns, and beautiful scented white blooms
31. Milkweed Spurge 'Excalibur' (Euphorbia)
32. Hibiscus panduriformis
33. Aristolochia debilis
34. Sanguisorba Hakusanensis
35. Scented Evening Primrose 'Apricot Delight' (Oneothera odorata) - 1
36. Petunia exserta
37. Schizanthus grahamii
38. Bartlettina (Eupatorium sordidum)
39. Yellow Morning Glory (Ipomoea ochracea)
40. Bulbous Buttercup (Ranunculus bulbosus)
41. California Bluebells (Phacelia campanularia)
42. Elderberry 'Black Beauty' (Sambucus nigra) - Set seeds this year...may or may not come true...
43. Meadow Sage (Salvia pratensis) - Mix of Pink, Blues, Purple
44. White Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea var. turkestanica alba)
45. Chocolate Daisy (Berlandiera lyrata)
46. Carnation 'Grenadin Pink' (Dianthus caryophyllus)
47. Lenten Rose 'Blue Lady' (Helleborus orientalis) - 5 Seeds, I dropped them by mistake and only salvaged 5 seeds :-(
48. Ruellia caroliniensis
49. Hibiscus moscheutos 'Super Rose'
50. Verbesina alternifolia
51. Honey Lily (Nectaroscordum tripedale)
52. Meconopsis cambrica 'Frances Perry'
53. Geranium Pratense 'Purple Haze' - 1
54. Monarda citriodora 'Lambada'
55. Salvia x greggii 'Furman's Red' - really nice looking plant
56. Malva moschata f. alba
57. Persicaria polymorpha (10 seeds)
58. Geranium rubescens (10 seeds)
59. Salvia x greggii 'Raspberry Delight'
60. Agastache rupestris
*** I put a 1 next to seeds I only have 1 pack of..the others I have many or more then 1 pack. Whoever post a want for those 1 only packs....gets them first.
1. Gaillardia - burgundy and bicolor
3. Will add more...
I know... I know...not uncommon plants but these are some seeds I'd like to have ☺
This message was edited Sep 2, 2012 7:21 PM
I'm interested in joining too and the timing is really right for me!
Count me in! Do you still have my info from our swap? I am so excited! Now I am on the hunt for cool plant seeds:)
Would love to join this swap! Signed up.
My wish list is for any perennial or reseeding annuals or shrub and tree seeds.
Here's what I've got ready to ship:
Balloon Flower - Platycodon grandiflourus 'Fuji Blue' - 20 packs/24+ seeds
Cosmos - Cosmos sulphurens 'Klondike' - 19 packs/24+ seeds
Yellow Scabiosa - ochroleuca - 11 packs/24+ seeds
Lamb's Ears - stachys byzantina - 20 packs/24+ seeds
Pink Hardy Hibiscus - hibiscus moscheutos 'Disco Belle' 19 packs/24+ seeds
Spider Flower - cleome (Purple/Lavendar) 10 packs/24+ seeds
The Blackberry Lily and Beautyberry seeds are taking a long time to dry...hope they're ready the time they need to be sent in.
I will have some Blackberry Lily, American Beautyberry, English Lavendar and a couple of others if I can find the time to collect them.
This message was edited Aug 27, 2012 6:29 PM
This message was edited Sep 5, 2012 1:08 PM
I'll list a few things I will be sending and may add to it later, but I won't be listing everything.
Lathyrus latifolius, White Pearl 3
Ipomoea nil, Kanoko 3
Cucumis dipsaceus, Hedgehog Cucumber (the spikey one, not the furry one) 3
Phyteuma scheuchzeri 2
Salvia taraxacifolia 3
Leonotus nepetifolia 3
Salvia viscosa, Fambroise 2
Ceratotheca triloba 2
Pavonia braziliensis 2
Galactites tomentosa alba 2
Petunia superbissima commercial, 4 packs of about 20 seeds each
Nicotiana alata, Crimson Bedder 4
Papaver somniferum var Laciniatum Dark Purple 3
Taraxacum albidum, White Dandelion 3
(note on this one, it is a bit easier to remove than common dandelion, but self sows just as freely)
Nigella damascena Miss Jekyll White 2
Lavendula viridis 2
I saw a seed listed I would love to have so I will start a wish list here.
Antirrhinum majus, individual colors and bicolors, no mixes please.
Lathyrus vernus rosea
Napaea diocica - Glade Mallow, White
This message was edited Aug 5, 2012 11:08 AM
This message was edited Aug 17, 2012 1:50 PM
This message was edited Aug 19, 2012 5:59 AM
If we purchase seeds from sources other than big box stores, should we send in multiple packages of one seed variety or will you be breaking them down to distribute?
Good Question! Answer over here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1271910/
Just signed up and sent postage $ to you, Kim. Yippee! Starting my list of haves in my head, and will post soon.
My Haves/Will Send list:
Viola 'Fiji Dawn'
Centaurea 'Amethyst in Snow'
Knautia - maroon.
Poppies, peony flowered
Thermopsis -yellow false indigo
Scabiosa - Yellow
Pow Wow Wild Berry
Primadonna Dk. Rose
Campanula - Canterbury Bells (mix)
Asclepias 'Soul Mate'
California Poppy "Rose Chiffon" (Thai Silk Series)
Baptisia Australis (False Indigo)
Lisianthus (Dk Blue/Purple) Prairie Gentian
More to come..........
This message was edited Aug 21, 2012 5:57 AM
I will send 2 packets of all I offer, so at this moment it will be 80 packets. Since the limit is 100 packets, I will have a look at the wishes to see if I can send wanted seeds that are not on my 'have' list. I do have much more seeds.
1. Agastache rugosa alabaster http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/agastache%20rugosa%20alabaster%20detail.jpg
2. Amsonia tabernaemontana http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/amsonia%20tabernaemontana1.jpg
3. Anemone baldensis
4. Arnica montana
5. Artemisia absinthium
6. Calceolaria mexicana http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/calceolaria%20mexicana%20detail6.jpg
7. Campanula thyrsoides http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/campanula%20thyrsoides.jpg
8. Chelone obliqua
9. Clematis stans http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/clematis%20stans%20detail3.jpg
10. Digitalis parviflora http://seedsite.eu/images/Foto's/digitalis%20parviflora%20detail.jpg
11. Draba sakurai
12. Eccremocarpus scaber
13. Echinops sphaerocephalus
14. Eryngium agavifolium
15. Filipendula ulmaria
16. Galactites tomentosa
17. Geranium psilostemon
18. Globularia repens
19. Ipomoea 'Sunrise serenade'
20. Leonurus sibericus
21. Linaria triornithophora
22. Lysimachia atropurpurea
23. Mimulus cardinalis
24. Nicandra physalodes alba
25. Opuntia dillenii
26. Papaver miyabeanum
27. Penstemon cobaea white
28. Prunella laciniata
29. Rhus coriaria (Sumac)
30. Rosa rugosa (Wild Rose)
31. Telekia speciosa
32. Verbascum chaixii
33. Veronica austriacum teucrium
34. Mimulus naiandus http://www.flickr.com/photos/20217462@N02/5586428280/
I got some commercial tropical seeds from a friend who travelled to Australia and South Africa. Because my garden is in USDA zone 6, I can't grow those here. I noticed some of the participants live in warmer areas, so they might be interested.
Just 1 or 2 packets available:
A. Hardenbergia comptoniana
B. Eucalyptus rudis
C. Calothamnus quadrifidus
D. Jacaranda mimosifolia
E. Ochna serrulata
F. Bauhinia vahlii purple
MY WANTS FROM THE LISTINGS HERE:
1. Geranium yoshinoi !!!
2. Indigofera 'Little pinkie'
3. Glaucium flavum
4. Glaucium palmatum
5. Rhus aromatica !!!
6. Asclepias verticillata !!!
7. Silene regia
8. Asclepias purpurascens
9. Sanguisorba hakusanensis
10. Petunia exserta
11.Oenothera berlandieri !!!
12.Vigna caracalla !!!
13. Felicia amelloides (True Blue Daisy)
14.Nemesia fruticans "Mixed"
15.Campanula lactiflora pritchard's variety
16.Campanula lactiflora Loddon Anna
18. Anthericum ramosum !!!
19. Lysimachia ephermerum
20. Trifolium rubens
21. Ruellia caroliniensis
22. Chrysanthemum max. Crazy Daisy
23. Allium schubertii
24. Taraxacum albidum
25. Adonis vernalis
26. Centaurea moschata
27. Iberis gibraltarica !!!
28. Papaver alpinum !!!
29. Persicaria polymorpha
30. Agastache rupestris
31. Coix lacryma-jobi
I really know that the following seeds are hard to get, but I'll give it a try. Maybe someone has seeds of these plants:
Anthyllis montana rubra
Athrium niponicum Pictum
Athyrium nipponicum Metallicum
Barleria cristata 'Variegata'
Cassiope - any species
Daphne cneorum variegata
Gentiana verna angulosa
Orchid - any species hardy in zone 6a
Penstemon gruticosus scouleri Albus
Picea pungens Lucky strike
Polygala chamaebuxus grandiflora
Sarracenia, any species
I don't want vines, because I have no place to grow them. The Vigna caracalla is the only vine I want to try to grow.
I prefer hardy plants that can be grown in zone 6 and especially rock garden plants.
I don't want hybrids.
This message was edited Aug 21, 2012 8:32 PM
This message was edited Aug 26, 2012 10:31 AM
OHHHHHHH the flower Jonna is BEAUTIFUL!! So cool........So Excited!!!!!!!!! It's all your fault Kim!:)
5x California Poppies (orange/yellow)
3x California Poppies (orange)
4x Madfadyena unquis (cat's claw)
2x Thunbergia Alata (tiger eyes)
3x Baby's Breath (double snowflake)
2x White Datura
4x Yellow Datura
2x Double Purple Datura
5x Datura "Lilac Le Fleur"
2x Ipomoea Alba "Moon Vine"
5x Cleome "Spider Flower"
4x Passiflora incarnata "Maypops"
6x Lobelia Siphilitica "Giant Blue Lobelia"
5x Ipomoea Nil "President Tyler"
4x Lobularia maritima "Deep Purple Alyssum"
2x Chrysanthemum maximum "Shasta / Crazy Daisy"
2x Myositis sylvatica "Indigo Blue forget-me-nots"
2x Ipomoea tricolor "Morning glories Flying Saucers"
2x Ipomoea tricolar "Morning glories Milky Way"
2x Penstemon digitalis "Husker Red"
2x Penstemon strictus "Rocky Mountain"
2x Oenothera berlandieri "Mexican Evening Primrose"
2x Dudleya pulverulenta "Chalk Lettuce"
2x Echium wildretii "Tower of Jewels"
6x Canna edulis (red w/ yellow flower) "Indian shot"
6x Zephyranthes 'Ruth Page' "Pink Rain Lily"
3x Allium Schubertii "Tumbleweed Onion"
Berlandiera lyrata (Chocolate Daisy)
King’s Spear (Asphodeline lutea)
gallica var quinquevulnera
Bauhinia vahlii purple
Tree Scabiosa (Cephalaria gigantea)
This message was edited Aug 10, 2012 6:03 AM
I used to think I had some unusual things. I am salivating at the prospect of getting some of these gems!
I'm in. :-)
So far, I am sending:
10 Helleborus niger
10 Clematis "Claire de Lune"
6 Rose of Sharon "Minerva"
10 Columbine "Winky Double Rose and White"
4 Money Plant "Variegata Alba"
10 Columbine "William Guiness"
4 Northern Sea Oats
4 Siberian Iris
I might add more.
*Himalayan Blue Poppies. I have always wanted some.
*Gazania krebsiana "Sunshine Hybrids"
*Passiflora incarnata "Maypops"
Papaver somniferum Marlene
Meadow Sage (Salvia pratensis)
Hardy Hibiscus 'Peppermint Schnapps'
Scented Evening Primrose 'Apricot Delight' (Oneothera odorata)
papaver orientale 'coral reef'
Geranium midnight Reiter
Geranium Pratense 'Purple Haze'
Gaillardia Razzle Dazzle
Papaver alpinum - Poppy, Alpine (2 trades)
Papaver somniferum var. nigrum - Poppy, Giant Russian
This message was edited Aug 11, 2012 6:03 PM
So far I have the following ready:
Ostespernum (Pastel Shades) - Commercial mix of lavender, purples and pinks
Gaillardia "Yellow Queen"
Felicia amelloides (True Blue Daisy)
Gazania krebsiana "Sunshine Hybrids"
Nemesia fruticans "Mixed"
Cercis cadensis var. texensis
Passiflora edulis "Mc Cain"
I would love:
Carnation 'Grenadin Pink' (Dianthus caryophyllus)
Centaurea 'Amethyst in Snow'
Christa Barlow Columbine
Clematis "Claire de Lune"
Echinacea Pow Wow Wild Berry
Geranium cantabrigiense biokovo
Geranium midnight Reiter
Geranium Pratense 'Purple Haze'
Geum 'lady strateden'
Himalayan Blue Poppy
Honey Lily (Nectaroscordum tripedale)
Lavendula angustifolia Munstead
Malva moschata f. alba
Nicotiana alata, Crimson Bedder
Papaver somniferum var Laciniatum
Papaver somniferum var Laciniatum Dark Purple
Pearl Bush (Exochorda)
Perennial Foxglove from warriorswisdomkathy
Petunia "Dreams White"
Wonderful Wampee Yarrow
This message was edited Aug 21, 2012 10:10 AM
Tip: If you have too many of those edited messages after you update your list...just delete them before you hit send ☺
these are the seeds i sending
6x chamerion angustifolium'album'
6x chamerion angustifolium 'stahl rose'
2x felicia heterophylla
5x armeria maritima'joystick'
2x saponaria officinalis
2x scuttelaria altissima
2x nicandra physalodes olde paint variegated
2x nicotiana 'black knight'
2x nicotiana 'lime green'
1x nicotiana 'perfume purple'
2x nicotiana sylvestris
2x salvia coccinea'coral nymph'
2x salvia'forest flame'
2x ageratum'red sea'
2x calceolaria mexicana'
2x datura discolor'
2x lathyrus sylvestris
2x lavatera thuringiaca
2x kalimeris incisa 'alba;
2x eupatorium cannabinum
2x aupatorium altissimum'prairie jewel'
2x eupatorium rugosum çhocolate'
2x veronica spicata
2x veronica longifolia
2x codonopsis lanceolata
2x codonopsis pilosula
2x tolpis barbata
2x vincetoxicum nigrum
2x dahlia 'disco mix'
2x centaurea jacea
2x campannula rapunculus
9x silene gallica var quinquevulnera
9x silene armeria
2x digitalis purpurea'pams choises'
2x digitalis purpurea 'primrose carrosel
2x verbascum blattaria yellow
2x verbascum blattaria
2x geranium phaeum
2x geranium cantabrigiense biokovo
2x colutea x media
2x campanula latifolia 'alba'
2x phlomis russeliana
2x ligularia przewalski
2x sambascus nigra
2x salvia transsylvanica
2x callicarpa bodinieri
2x achillea grandiflora
2x aruncus dioicus
2x althaea officinalis'romney mars'
2x agastache mexicana
2x agastache rugosa
2x agastache 'after eight'
2x agastache atromontana
2x papaver orientale 'coral reef'
2x lychnis calcedonica çarnea'
2x oenothera tricolor 'sunset boulevard'
2x lychnis viscaris
2x salvia argentea
2x salvia lapis lazuli
2x rudbeckia triloba
2x phytolacca americana
2x sanguisorba officinalis
2x verbascum nigrum
2x chelidonium majus var asiatium
2x verbascum chaixii
2x geum 'lady strateden
2x stachys sylvatica
5x allium cernuum
and the wishes
al kinds of hardy perrenials,annnuals,bienuals
please no scrubs or tree seeds
These are the seeds I have so far:
Anthryscus Sylvestris Ravenswing These seeds should be sown now
Aster x Fricarti Monch
Campanula lactiflora Loddon Anna
Dahlia Bishop of Landaff
Dahlia G.F. Hemerick
Eschscholzia champagne and roses
Geranium midnight Reiter
Geranium Reiter ? The same dark foliage as midnight Reiter but the color is white with a little stripe of pink. Maybe a new Geranium?
Kalimeris incisa Charlotte
Kalimeris incisa madiva
Lathyrus vernus Purple
Lathyrus vernus rosea
Papaver somniferum Marlene
Sanguisorba pink tanna
Sanguisorba tenuifolia white elephant
Staches monieri rosea
Sidalcea Elsie Heugh
The following seeds are waiting to ripen and I will submit
Stachys wisley white
Veronicastrum verginicum pink glow
Veronicastrum virginicum lavendelturm
My wish list I will submit later
This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 6:58 PM
This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 7:01 PM
This message was edited Sep 7, 2012 10:26 PM
This message was edited Sep 24, 2012 8:42 PM
Thanks - I thought scrubs was slang for something LOL!
Like chaff or something like that.
This message was edited Aug 1, 2012 11:33 AM
Kim, if nobody asked before, I would love to get the seeds of the Asclepias verticillata, A. purpurascens and Glaucium palmatum.
This message was edited Aug 2, 2012 2:53 PM
Wow! Won't we have fun next year with all these new seeds! I am still working on a complete Have list. Ones I can't use due to naturalizing in our fencerows: Goldenrod, any type of Thistle, Elderberry, Rugosa Rose, Milkweed. I already have Moonflower and Chocolate Daisy which I haven't planted yet, but am really looking forward to it.
Ones that I would especially like to try so far are Variegated Pink Lunaria (anyone have the dark purple?), Variegated Geranium, Japanese Wood Poppy, Apricot Delight Primrose, True Blue Daisy, but would LOVE to try any of the others that have been posted. I'm looking for Tall Garden Phlox in any color other than purple.
Everyone Has a bag with their name in my big pink box ☺. Their bag has a list attached... their 'Wish List' and the 'don't want list'. If you don't post wishes you will get a lot of surprises! Even if you don't see anyone post what your looking for...still post the wish because I may have it or someone may have sent it in.
The fun part is I'm not telling if i have some of your wishes. So you will still be surprised when/if you receive one ☺.
Thanks and Happy Gardening!
This is Antirrhinum majus 'Black Prince'
Elsa, you want 'any Geranium'. Do you mean real (hardy) Geraniums or Pelargoniums?
Jonna, any hardy geranium. I just love the look, and pelargonium tends to get a little worm eating away the insides of the stem. Very frustrating...