Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

DJ'S AUGUST SWAP "SIGN-UP" HERE

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WELL AFTER SOME ADVICE OR INPUT FROM A COUPLE OF YOU I HOPE I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION FROM OUR OVER HEATED GARDENS :)

NO ONE REALLY KNOWS HOW HOT OR COOL AUGUST IS GOING TO BE FOR US SO PENDING YOUR AREA & WHAT WORKS FOR YOU OR YOUR PARTNER PLEASE NOTE WHEN YOU SIGN UP THE CHOICES OF HOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE

#1 A CARD WITH GIFT CARD FOR YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF STORE "GIVE A LIST LIKE WAL-MART-K-MART-HOME-DEPOT-ECT ECT
#2 GIFT CARD FROM AN ONLINE PLANT NURSERY , LIKE BLUESTONE, MICHIGAN BULB, ECT ECT ECT
#3 1-2 NICE SIZE PLANT OUT OF YOUR PARTNERS GARDEN
#4 WHAT EVER MY PARTNER CAN DO .IS FINE WITH ME .

LET ME REMIND YOU ALL THAT WE TRY TO KEEP AN $20. LIMIT THEN THERE IS SHIPPING & SO IF YOU ARE ORDERING GIFT CARDS FOR $20 FROM
A NURSERY PLEASE ASK IF THERE IS SHIPPING & HOW MUCH. OR MAYBE JUST CHECK THEIR WISH LIST FIND A COUPLE PLANTS & hAVE THEM SENT .

AS YOU ALL KNOW ALSO THE 2012 BULB CATALOGS ARE OUT & THERE ARE A FEW GOOD DEALS SO THIS MIGHT BE ANOTHER OPTION
TO LIST IF YOUR INTO BULBS .

PAST SWAPS

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

APRIL SWAP : CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JULY PLANT SWAP OPEN FOR SIGN UP HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS

DEEJAY9---- OPEN TO ALL
CHEERMOM--- #4
POISONDARTFROG---# 3
MITTSY ----# 3

This message was edited Jul 23, 2012 8:20 AM

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I would like to join and I'll pick #4 whatever my partner would like to do is fine with me.

Sue G

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hello Susie,
My preference would be #3. I will join if there is a partner that is in the "1-2 NICE SIZE PLANT OUT OF YOUR PARTNERS GARDEN" club.
Alana

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Morning Susie, I'd love to join. #3 would be my choice, too. Waving to Alana and Sue. I'm still cleaning those hundreds of spring bulbs (Narcissus and Daffodils) that my sister didn't want anymore. They're a mix of sizes, colors and types, not labeled.
mittsy

welcome ev1 sound like your busy Mittsy thats allot of bulbs :)
I also have many bulbs i had dug up this past spring to move to another garden so i hope to share some of them also .
good to have you with us .

Cutlerville, MI

Hi deejay!
Please add me too! I am good with whatever:)
Thanks!
ahoogstra

GOTTCHA ALI_C

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll go with whatever is easy for my partner. Spring flowering bulbs would be great too.

DEEJAY9---- OPEN TO ALL
CHEERMOM--- #4
POISONDARTFROG---# 3
MITTSY ----# 3
AHOOGSTRA----# 4
FRUITOFTHEVINE--3-4

evening all I will return in the morning signing off to go make room for my new frig is on the way :) good night to all.

Winnetka, CA

Hi Susie....

I'd love to join the August swap if you have room.

# 2 would work the best for me as here in southern California we are in the upper 90s and 100 degree temps daily.... shipping a plant would be risky for me....but I'd love a gift card/certificate for Annies Annuals or White Flower Farms (although I think WFF gift certificates are in $25.00 increments) that I could use in the fall when temps cool down... Annies is a favorite of mine!

Alternatively #1 would be nice - for the Vermont Country Store.....

Ordering cards online sounds nice during these hot days!! -:)

Nancy

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Susie! Hi Everyone!

I finally found the august thread.....been out of town a while!

I'd like to be in the August swap! I can be "open to all" choices....whatever works!

I have tons of daffodil bulbs from the school garden that we are moving.....so when you're my partner....let me know if you want any! I'll update my "haves" on the thread!

Hope everyone is trying to stay cool!

GM & Welcome I Hope I Have given enough choices just wanted to have this swap open to a few different choices for we do not know for sure what the weather is going to be :) .

i will possible be away later this morning till ?? so will check back when i get home to see if there are any more to sign up or if you have any questions please ask & someone can answer you :)
have a great day

DEEJAY9---- OPEN TO ALL
CHEERMOM--- #4
POISONDARTFROG---# 3
MITTSY ----# 3
AHOOGSTRA----# 4
FRUITOFTHEVINE--3-4
NF2932----#2
ALIKAT32----OPEN TO ALL

Tyler, TX(Zone 8b)

count me in please....I'm open to all.
Thanks!

DEEJAY9---- OPEN TO ALL
CHEERMOM--- #4
POISONDARTFROG---# 3
MITTSY ----# 3
AHOOGSTRA----# 4
FRUITOFTHEVINE--3-4
NF2932----#2
ALIKAT32----OPEN TO ALL
CHELLFLOWER---OPEN TO ALL

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Message from another swap thread...

Hi Everyone!
I just spoke to Deejay(Susie) her dad passed this morning. She asked me to let everyone know, and she wanted me to tell everyone she will be on when she can! I told her NO worries and that we would all be thinking and praying for her, and she (like she would) said she is thinking of all of us too!
Thanks everyone!
Ahoogstra

EVENING TO ALL Yes daddy Is resting BACK ON THE FARM With his Grandparents :) & I Hope to also get caught up on my rest also .
SO If anyone is LURKING & Wanting to JOIN US PLEASE DO SO TONIGHT OR BY 8AM AUG 1st . SO I Can ASSIGN Our Partners .
By tomorrow morning .

All the arrangements Have been made For THURSDAY & FRI So I Have the two days to make a few calls & be able to enjoy some gardening chat , WELL the phone keeps ringing so you all have a great evening & TY all for yours emails .
ya all are wonderful , i will be back for coffee in the morning :)
susie

GM We got quit a rain storm last night power went out from 3am till about 6:15 am just came back on everyone is still sleeping in the house so I Made coffee here . I'm so rested right now & Going to go in soon to get some baking done for the Luncheon after the funural.
wow guess i thought today was the 1st & I see it is tomorrow so .

ALL LURKING MEMBERS

Please come Join us by this evening .

IT FUN TO SHARE ,FUN TO RECEIVE , thank you all for your SUPPORT right now :)
Love you all

Cutlerville, MI

GM We got the same storm last night as you did Susie! I'll be praying for continues strength and peace for you and your family!
Love to you!

TY & GM Just got my Cakes in the oven time for a coffee & All my calls are done so NOW what to do today :) I'm so used to MULTITASKING
Now I Have to find more to do :) I will just have to come peek see what you all up to right now going to go do something for i cannot sit :)
HUGS To all
susie

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Hugs to you susie

GM to all today is the day But I REC"D A D-mail from a member who would like to join us for august & I Have to wait & Verify for sure so I Have given her till this evening to get back with me or to post here so we Know for sure she wants in .

so hope you can take the pins out of your seats for a few more HOURS & I Will have you your Partners name by 11 pm tonight or 1st thing tomorrow . we have family coming from out of state for the next two days.

off to check other sites while i finish my coffee then off to get some baking done ya all have a great day & Thank you for the well wishes:)

ok here are the players
DEEJAY9---- OPEN TO ALL
CHEERMOM--- #4
POISONDARTFROG---# 3
MITTSY ----# 3
AHOOGSTRA----# 4
FRUITOFTHEVINE--3-4
NF2932----#2
ALIKAT32----OPEN TO ALL
CHELLFLOWER---OPEN TO ALL
REDUNICORN -----DMAILED ME TO ASK IF SHE COULD JOIN US STILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM HER.
BUT I HAVE SENT EVERYONE YOUR PARTNERS NAMES & ADDRESSES .

I NEED NR2932 'S ADDRESS . I WILL BE IN TO CHECK WHEN I GET HOME FROM THE 1ST VIEWING TOMORROW
SO IF ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DMAIL ME .

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Got my name Susie. Thanks.
Alana

QUESTION ???
Would you all like to know who your SENDING to & RECEIVING Posted here or keep it a secret ???
ican post them here if you want or on the show N Tell thread . I Won't make a New thread till Someone says they are sending right away .
JLMK
Much more to do today but will be in & Out . have a great day ev1

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm absolutely thrilled with my buddy's name!

However you decide to handle the list is fine with me, Susie. Continuing here to think of you and your family.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Have fun all!!

evening ev1 its late but it has been a great day with old & NEW Friends AT the viewing today daddy looked Much younger more like his 70 then 99 :)
Oh Minn Your going to have just as Much fun watching us wish you could have played . OH YEAH You Can Play . You Can Put Up a few GAMEs for us to play while we are waiting for our boxes to arrive :))))) HOW ABOUT IT ????
I Will be back in early morning tomorrow for coffee if anyone is up :))) . right now gotta go lay back .
HUGS To all

I just wanted to let everyone know that you can save a few dollars by using the Regional Zone boxes from the USPS They're new and Priority mail. The boxes are free and delivered right to your house. You can't get them from the Post Office, only by mail. They come in four designations A, B, C, and D. And in two different shapes per designation.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I will see what i can think of susie :)

the harder the better we have smart people here :) HEHE Have a great day ev1 . back later this eve.

Evening all Sure Seems as today should be Saturday It was a full Happy day We all Laughed so hard I'm sure daddy was Laughing right along with us at all the stories being told about him today . even all the Honor Guards Came to Have Lunch with us At the Park .
they couldn't believe all the food we had fixed My 6 layer bean dip was gone within a matter of the 1st round & that was a 9x13 pan:)
Plus Both peanut butter sheet cake was gone . we didn't have much left witch was great :) . we just ran out of cold drinks :(
But Not for long The Minister went down to the store & Bought 2 cases of water & we stuck them on ice :)
it was a great day .

Now I can get back into gardening full time :) & getting my Home Fixed up. & maybe even do some travel :)

I NEED NR2932 'S ADDRESS . So I can share with your partner Please .
gotta show ya how excited My tinker was when i got home today she had been out in her pen & when i got home i let them all out
she came running into the house & going to her favorite spot when she wants to watch TV :) & Then mom & dad wondering why they can't come in :( well off to put them in their pen & get them tucked in for the night .
ya all be well back later

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Cutlerville, MI

Oh my Susie! That is SOOOO funny! She is so big! I can't believe it..too cute!

YOU WILL SEE HOW SPOILED SHE IS WHEN YOU VISIT :)

TY All For signing our guess book & All your best wishes . we Had a BEAUTY FUL GOOD BYE Today .
special TY"S To THERE WERE SO MANY OTHERS that I didn't know was reading about us so thank you for the kinds words also :

ALICA/AHOOGSTRA
LIZ/LIZRAINEY
SUSAN /FOTV
KRIS/MUD_ELF
PATTI/CRIT
STEPHINE / MINNESIPI
LINDAK/TATERS55
NANCY /
ALANA/POISONDARTFROG

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DJ -- Tinker is so big now! OMG is that a cute - I love that she watches TV with you!

I am so happy to hear that yesterday was a great goodbye for a great father! :) Hugs and love always!

I don't care if we're secret or not for august....but if our partner has choices....is it just up to us to decide?

Games -- not sure I'm smart enough for those games! I can't even identify Kathy's plants - ever!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Lol, here is a brain teaser for you.
Its raining, what am i doing? (Besides yard work)

Getting wet?

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Nope.
This is what i have done while i am doing what i am doing, and remeber, its not yard work...dug up a dead nine bush and two spirea, planted three rose bushes in their places in front of the house, planted ALL potted plants that i have purchased or reveived in trade, replanted the spirea, mowed, weeded, stacked wood, piled branches, 15 loads of laundry, cleaned out cabinets, placed a few pavers, had about 30 cups of coffee....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.