Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Figs, Glorious Figs: figs

Communities > Forums > Article: Figs, Glorious Figs
bookmark
Forum: Article: Figs, Glorious FigsReplies: 2, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BillandJan
New Milford, PA

July 23, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9215936

I bought two small fig trees in Florida this past winter. The tag says they are good to -20. Does anyone else have figs in the north? I am in northern Pennsylvania and want to get them in the ground
Donnabeverin
Earleville, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9216398

I live in zone 7 on the eastern shore of Maryland near Delaware and have a huge fig tree much to my amazement. When I planted it I thought it would stay small.
I get some figs in the spring and then a ton in August. Never seem to have enough time to do much with them except pick and eat in the morning before work.
Get it in the ground so it can get established before autumn. Maybe shelter it this first winter. They like water during summer

Thumbnail by Donnabeverin   Thumbnail by Donnabeverin   Thumbnail by Donnabeverin
Click an image for an enlarged view.

moonhaven
Evans, WV

July 27, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9220785

I live on the western side of WV and have a brown Turkey fig planted on the south side of the house. I live in zone 6a and normally each year my tree dies back to the ground if I don't give it lots of protection. I get a small crop of figs each summer on the new growth. This past winter was so mild that the tree has grown 4 feet and has a couple of gallons of figs on it. You can keep a fig tree for years in a large pot. That's what I'm doing with my new one.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Figs, Glorious Figs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
figs helenamcginty 3 Jul 23, 2012 8:42 AM
Chicago Hardy Fig Tree moonhaven 0 Jul 27, 2012 9:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America