Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Texas Gardening: To all my friends...Please keep my family in your thoughts

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 14, Views: 173
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 23, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9216145

Please pray for all of my family and myself. They live in PA and I in Texas. I got the call this morning. Russell (my Russy T) is going to be so missed. He was 33 and had such a big heart. My DB and DSIL I am sure are beyond grief. Not sure yet I will get to go. This is my wonderful Brother's son.

((HUGS))
Sandy

stephanietx

stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 23, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9216314

Praying for you and your family.
texaslady62
DISH, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9217043

Sandy, I am sorry to hear of You and your families' loss, Yall are on my list of prayers.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

July 25, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9218446

Obituary

Russell Lee Crupe Jr.

U.S. Navy veteran enjoyed fishing

Russell Lee Crupe Jr., 32, of Avella, died Monday, July 23, 2012.

He was born September 16, 1979, in Washington, a son of Russell L. Sr. and Heidi Dawn Fiscus Crupe of Avella.

Mr. Crupe was a 1998 graduate of Avella High School.

He was a lieutenant and director of field operations for NSA Security Forces Inc. He was formerly dock lead at Sears in Washington and South Hills.

Mr. Crupe served two years of active duty in the U.S. Navy and, for the last six years, was a member of the Army National Guard and Army Reserves. During his time in the Guard, he served a tour of duty in Iraq as a combat engineer and earned E-5 pay grade.

He was awarded the Army Commendation Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal with star, Army Service Ribbon, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with device, Combat Action Badge and Driver and Mechanic Badge with clasp.

He was a member of Jefferson Avenue United Methodist Church, Veterans of Foreign Wars 927 and American Legion Edwin Scott Linton Post 175.

Mr. Crupe was a member of local roller hockey teams and dartball and pool leagues. He was an avid reader and enjoyed hunting, fishing and landscaping.

Surviving, in addition to his parents, are a brother, Preston A. Crupe (Victoria) of Glenville, N.Y.; a sister, Sarah Lynn Combs (Jimmy) of Avella; grandparents Vic and Doris Fiscus of Bethel Park; nieces Samantha, Melissa and Jessica Combs and Emily and Rachael Crupe; an uncle, William Crupe (Christy) of Gaithersburg, Md.; and three aunts, Sondra Aschenbrenner of Baytown, Texas, Lorna Crupe of Avella and Tami (Robert) Pugh of Fort Myers, Fla.

Deceased are a niece, Clara Dawn Crupe; grandparents Russell and Rachael Crupe; and two uncles, Richard L. “Butch” Crupe and Dennis Aschenbrenner.

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday in William G. Neal Funeral Homes Ltd., 925 Allison Avenue, Washington, where services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, July 27, with the Rev. John Hoffman officiating.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Citizen’s Library, 55 South College Street, Washington, PA 15301. Additional information and a guest book are available atwww.NealFuneralHome.com.

BajaBlue

BajaBlue
Rancho Santa Rita, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 5, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9230742

praying for your family !

hugs
sweetmommy
Fulshear, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 5, 2012
10:03 PM

Post #9231048

Thoughts & prayers to you & yours.
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

August 10, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #9236934

Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear of your families loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Yours,
Mickey
Arizona

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 10, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9237205

Prayers for your family and you and this time of grief.
jannz2
Pilot Point, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9237799

Ah... he was just 33yrs -- too young... he left too soon!! Life is just hard sometimes. ugh

This helps me... "To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die".

My very best wishes for you and your family.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 11, 2012
11:47 PM

Post #9238598

Thank you all so much. It helps me so much to be able to come here with all of you. Dave's Garden has been my family and place of refuge for 9+ years. I love each and everyone of you, the ones I have met in person and those whom I have not. Each one of you are so special to me.

I agree life is so hard sometimes. I know the darkness Rusty felt. If the stigma a mental illness, a chemical imbalance of the brain as diabetes is of the body, wasn't so great more would survive. One day I pray no one is ashamed to get help. I don't know if Rusty did as it is not time to ask my DB. I know friends would be just as big a part of helping if it wasn't thought of
any different than any other illness. I had 10 ECT (shock) treatments 2 years ago and I am happier than I have been in 40
years. I have some side effects ( a little memory loss and issues). But I would do it again. I was at a point where no meds helped. I know I wouldn't be here today if they were not available for me to have them. They were a last resort for me and not something taken lightly. Would I recommend or have them again. (YES) I thank Jesus for creating such help.

If you suffer from depression that lasts longer than several weeks or you feel suicide is the only thing to give you peace please tell someone. There is help without shame...dmail me if you need to talk. There is help and I am living proof. Please reach out to a friend or your doctor for help. I know the helplessness Rusty felt that is what hurts the most to actually know the darkness he felt. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Thank you all so much...
sybram
Burleson, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 17, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9244877

Love you, too, Sandy, and I'm praying peace for you and your family.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9247090

I talked to my brother and he had
a depression issue but that sent him over the edge. Please keep praying for all of us.

(Hugs)
pbtxlady
Garland, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 20, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9248392

Sandy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers to you.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

August 25, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9253744

Thanks so much. Some days are harder than others. I love all of you so much!!!
bananna18
Colleyville, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 26, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9254088

You have shared an important message. I am so sorry for your tragedy.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America