-
AuthorContent
Fleur_2011
Yucaipa, CA
(Zone 10a)

July 24, 2012
1:58 AM

Post #9216559

I didn't make this bench that I took photos of, but because of the "unique" appearance, I wanted to share a few photos with y'all on here. There are a few close-ups of the items that are imbedded into the cement. This bench was on display in front of the Riverside Art Museum and after a period of time on display, the artist will come move it to another location.

Any comments, feel free to share. I'm curious to know what y'all think about this work of 'art.' You'll be surprised at some of the things that were used.

Thumbnail by Fleur_2011   Thumbnail by Fleur_2011   Thumbnail by Fleur_2011   Thumbnail by Fleur_2011   Thumbnail by Fleur_2011
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2012
12:30 PM

Post #9222567

That is SOOOOOOOO cute!! I love it! Gonna have to find a headboard and footboard and make me one. I love all the trinkets they put in the cement--old british coins, a beer cap, misc jewels and baubles. So creative!! Did you notice the dog tag that says "Dirty Old Man"? LOL This would be a great way to memorialize trinkets from travels or jewelry inherited from a loved one but you don't really want to wear it, etc. So many options! I've just got to have one. Thanks for sharing!

NancyAnn

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9223452

Thanks so much for sharing these great pictures! I want one for my garden. Race you Nancy Ann

Joy
biddy52
BROOKFIELD
Australia

August 27, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9256181

Fleur_2011 wrote:I didn't make this bench that I took photos of, but because of the "unique" appearance, I wanted to share a few photos with y'all on here. There are a few close-ups of the items that are imbedded into the cement. This bench was on display in front of the Riverside Art Museum and after a period of time on display, the artist will come move it to another location.

Any comments, feel free to share. I'm curious to know what y'all think about this work of 'art.' You'll be surprised at some of the things that were used.

It is quite an interesting piece of "whimsy" - I love the treasures imbedded in the cement - although I would have liked to see it actually mosaiced and grouted, makes for a better finish. I note that it is chained - in case someone decided to take it home with them! Thank you for sharing!
Fleur_2011
Yucaipa, CA
(Zone 10a)

September 14, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9274825

You're very welcome to all of you! Glad you all liked the photos! :)

Just to let you know that this 'bench' is still sitting in front of the Riverside Art Museum. When I had my "art walk" there last July showing my photo prints, there were quite a few people that were taking pictures of it and having someone take their picture next to it. It's just so unusual and unique that I couldn't pass the chance up to get some photos of it.

@ ButterflyChaser ~ if you have any thrift stores or even better, a "Habitat for Humanity Restore" that are close to where you live, you can probably find an old head & foot board of a bed at those places.

@ rouxcrew ~ sounds like a challenge has been given to ButterflyChaser! Knock yourself out ladies ~ I'm sure making something like this takes quite sometime, especially since there is cement involved and has a long drying time.

I did see the dog tag, but didn't notice the saying on it. How funny! I suppose this would be a good way to "immortalize" all the little metal & plastic toys that somebody's kid used to play with, but that you can't bring yourself to throw away. This bench has small toys embedded into it that both a little boy or girl would play with. I'm sure there are also many other items embedded into this that I didn't get a chance to get a picture of. If either of you decides to take on this challenge ~ please share your pics when you make this. Can you imagine some "before" and "after" photos?

Catch y'all later! Hope everyone is doing fine! :)

Jennie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Trash to Treasure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
here's my little treasure wheel Gourd 67 Jul 14, 2013 12:59 PM
Thank you Terry for this forum! Tradewind_64 26 Apr 17, 2010 4:52 AM
My second plant stand Vee8ch 30 Oct 18, 2007 12:48 AM
A Filigris Arbor Made from Trash ButterflyChaser 58 Sep 4, 2010 8:25 PM
Pretty in Pink Vee8ch 17 Jun 6, 2008 10:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America