-
AuthorContent
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 24, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #9216806

I'd sprouted out some that were given away... wishing I had kept one ... and out of a brug seedling pot.. came this.. obviously a Gordon's Picotee still holding true to it's Yellow Picotee on the white double flower... after some 8 years maybe.. I'll have to check to see when I first became aware of being the caregiver to what became known to me as Gordon's Picotee .. it's sometimes seen on E-Bay... sold by others as Gordan's Picotee... but that 's a misprint off a file name I had the pictures of it in my computer...the file was set up ... made for me by this Russain repair kid... Geee.. was it on my first PENTIUM... that will date it.. I kept it for awhile..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Click an image for an enlarged view.

floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 24, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9217544

Hi Gordon -

beautiful blooms! Reminds me of butterscotch ice cream. . .
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

July 24, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9217557

Well.. thanks... the white is usually purer... with a yellow edge... but this is the plants first flower and it took a bunch of rain during it's longer than usual formation.. but it is unusual... for datura.. when I first discovered it I was sure I'd over fed it.. or used some of my growth or flowering addatives too heavily... but others get it to look like that also
floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 25, 2012
6:45 PM

Post #9218779

I had the double purple for a long time and it grew like gangbusters - then one day it just fizzled and didn't reseed. They are pretty easy to grow from seed aren't they? I never see them in any of the garden centers. . . I think the one I had I found at a place that carried unusual and antique or cottage flowers.
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

September 6, 2012
9:34 PM

Post #9267647

well...here's a fresher .. picture of Gordon's Picotee..it's a purer white.. with the yellow edge on the first skirt..

Thumbnail by GordonHawk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

September 7, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9268530

beautiful!
GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9654932

I planted the seeds from the 2012 flower.. And got it to come true again this year of the one that I grew out rit too was the same look of Gordon's Picotee of last year... So happy was I just lucky... Or is the transfer rate of the yellow Picotee look getting stronger than the 65% that it seemed to be the first year I found it
The two bengals are guarding the seed pod

Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk         

GordonHawk
Brooklyn, NY
(Zone 7b)

September 29, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9673078

Still flowering...I love it when things get up to speed and start blooming... I wish it didn't also mean that it was fall and soon to be too cold

Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk   Thumbnail by GordonHawk   

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Daturas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Attention Datura Growers... MaVieRose 137 Jul 31, 2008 4:40 AM
ID Please ...Datura Wrightii ?? judycooksey 21 Jun 4, 2008 9:37 AM
List of Datura Species Clare_CA 61 Aug 14, 2012 9:09 PM
Datura 'Black Currant Swirl'? ErickMN 20 Jul 18, 2008 3:55 PM
Pot Size Question baileykat 31 Jun 18, 2008 3:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America