-
AuthorContent
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

July 24, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9217575

First off, my house doesn't exist yet :)
But it will. We are now choosing brick and paint and singles and window color and all that jazz.
I will have a front porch on the house and I would like to use cream colored windows, garage doors and porch (railings and posts ect) The floor of the porch will be cement.
Next I will have a covered shade garden area about 14 feet to the left of the front porch. I was planning on building it with just treated wood, maybe staining it a walnut color. I think red wood color would look nice, but I am planning on using a brick with a slight pink tone, so I don't think the red colors will coordinate.
Will it look right to have the walnut stained woodwork so close on the front of the house, with the cream colored painted wood.
Here is a pic of what the porch will basically look like.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Garden Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Landscaping software? Joan 24 Feb 17, 2008 5:07 PM
Rubber Border Mulch from Gardener's Supply Company drop 41 May 4, 2010 8:37 AM
Garden Paths RWhiz 136 Jan 20, 2009 9:50 PM
Need suggestions for covering big white fence crystalnurse 76 Jun 23, 2008 12:50 PM
OK, here's my Spring project!! Wifeygirl 109 Apr 19, 2010 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America