help matching woods/colors for front of house

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

First off, my house doesn't exist yet :)
But it will. We are now choosing brick and paint and singles and window color and all that jazz.
I will have a front porch on the house and I would like to use cream colored windows, garage doors and porch (railings and posts ect) The floor of the porch will be cement.
Next I will have a covered shade garden area about 14 feet to the left of the front porch. I was planning on building it with just treated wood, maybe staining it a walnut color. I think red wood color would look nice, but I am planning on using a brick with a slight pink tone, so I don't think the red colors will coordinate.
Will it look right to have the walnut stained woodwork so close on the front of the house, with the cream colored painted wood.
Here is a pic of what the porch will basically look like.

Thumbnail by FrillyLily
Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

The walnut will coordinate, the red will stick out like the proverbial thumb. Best wishes through the building stages!

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

That's what I thought! We chose a brick that is tan, yellowish and has some rose color in it. We will use cream trim and I think stain the shade garden structure with a walnut color.
I am using black with copper highlights for the fixtures. So many choices and things to figure out, but it is finally coming together!
Thank you for your input!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images