Things that make you go "hmmmm" or Say what???!!!! Pt 4

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

coming from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244842/

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Space is always at a premium here in NJ but probably like some others states started the "green space" initiative awhile back. Mostly for new developments so they weren't putting mcmansions on a 1/4 acre lots.
Was driving thru a town near where we used to live, they have NO open space there, tiny little residential area with shops, restaurants and homes. there is an ice cream shop that stood in front of an L shaped shopping area, antiques and book shop, a exotic bird shop(that had a fire awhile ago) well, they razed the entire area except for the ice cream shop and declared it open space WHAT???? Isn't that the most messed up thing? Hey how about bulldozing the whole town? That would really open things up

Thomaston, CT

True.....I love it that the govt. owns all those acres here in town....great open space for us......

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Some city is fining a guy big time for collecting rainwater!!

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

?

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

There is a difference between "ponds" & "barrells". Then again the ponds were on his property for 37 years.

The world is gone nutz.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wasn't it in CO or AZ that they were making it illegal to have rain barrells
YES the world HAS gone nutz

Thomaston, CT

Too much government...they don't have enough to keep them occupied.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

ya think the trillion dollars of debt would keep them busy trying to find a solution but noooooooo

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

discussion on my friends fb page on police giving tickets
mentioned talking on cell phone, which I said you shouldn't be doing it unless hands free
this is the response
Well everybody does it

What the heck! what are you 12!? UGH

I always want to blast my horn when someone is on the phone, haven't though.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

DH and I watched a girl seriously stray into the oncoming lanes, TWICE, with her phone in hand. Just amazes you.

Thomaston, CT

Totally distracted....nothing seems to penetrate their minds, & they are a danger to everyone else....

Has to be hands free here, how many states is that the law?

Now they're texting more than talking.

Why is it all the people doing stupid things never seem to totally succumb to the Darwin Effect? They rather seem to multiply...

Yes - pretty gruesome.

My new car - the Honda CRV - can speak incoming texts to you. Also hands-free bluetooth talking.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I hope it works. I honked at a 70 year old who was holding up traffic while she texted!

I have Bluetooth but not the texting

I miss the good old days when I honked for women applying makeup in the car!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

wonder what they do now? since they are all busying talking on the phone can't do their makeup anymore, do they get up earlier? hmmmmm? why didn't they just do that years ago????

Thomaston, CT

How about drinking coffee & reading maps at the same time? That was on I-495....also someone reading a paperback....love that highway!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

One of my store managers used to study reports on the way to meetings

Scary.

East Bridgewater, MA

I
f they were just a menace to themselves, evolution/the Darwin Effect would remedy a lot, but they are also a menace to innocent drivers and bystanders around them.

It's time for some gentle peer pressure, folks !!!

Don't be afraid to give a little tap on the car horn if someone is really out of line.

Shake the "scolding finger" at them, unless they are bikers with guns.

(edit: index finger, not the middle finger.)

This message was edited Aug 2, 2012 1:16 AM

I wish we had more universal hand gestures for communication between cars. The 'one' that we all know is what I always assume others will think I am using. And more choice in car horn. Some are hard to force into that ' non aggressive beep beep"

From Uber Facts:

Most men immediately exhibit a decline in mental performance when interacting with women - Women do not have this problem.

Thomaston, CT

Mmmm......I wondered!

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

I have heard it all now.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5620583_kill-weeds-vinegar.html

Should be bolded on 'reapply as necessary' .= like 20 times
regular vinegar doesn't do much. Boiling water is probably as good as boiling vinegar.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Right, you have to use horticultural vinegar(which I think is 20% strength) but it will kill anything else growing nearby, good for driveway weeds

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I saw a bumper sticker
"Trees are the answer"

ummmm
to what question????

Vinegar is an oldie.

Thomaston, CT

Trees are the answer to global warming....they take CO2 out of the air....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

global warming.... pffft

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Good grief - some of our food contains TRISODIUM PHOSPHATE, which is used in Spic & Span, Super Clean and other household cleaning product. Like CEREAL !

http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/sc/0206/goldies.html

Thomaston, CT

Yuck! No Cheerios for me...I like Kashi cereal....must go check the ingredients!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh GROSS!!!!! It's been said if you don't recognize the ingredient don't eat it

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.