Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Photos: SUNRISE AND SUNSET No. 11

Communities > Forums > Photos
bookmark
Forum: PhotosReplies: 217, Views: 1,368
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9217862

Like opening a new box of crayons...we have a new place to post pretty pictures. We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1246056/

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 25, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9218708

Hah, opening a new box of crayons... that's one complex drawing with crayons, Jean. Thanks for the new thread. I'm heading out to the garden hoping to catch something interesting as the sun set in a bit...
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 25, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9218878

Hey Jean, great start. I love that shot. Thanks for starting it.
This poor little tree survived the clear cutting done on this patch of land. I needed to do it justice with a sunset background.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9219277

My pleasure...and Thanks. That is sunrise at Kata Tjuta national park...the home of Australia's Uluru (Ayer's Rock) It is a fascinating place. In the hottest part of summer, the rock holds so much heat that it can be seen from space at night...it is a Sacred place for the Aboriginal People of Australia.

I agree, that little tree deserves a bit of special treatment.

http://www.environment.gov.au/parks/uluru/

It has these really old stone painted stories on the walls

This message was edited Jul 26, 2012 10:24 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Click an image for an enlarged view.

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 26, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9219962

Very interesting site and history Jean. I will take time to examine it further.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 27, 2012
9:29 AM

Post #9220415

Jean, thanks for the new thread. Very interesting stone and site. Were you there on vacation? I'm glad you had rain, we would sure need some too.
Thanks everyone for the good words. My DD and Nicholas seem to be OK, so all is good.
Great pics everyone, lovely sunsets.
I have a sunrise, but will post it later from home. I'm at the office now and catching up. It's so hot here I need to water everyday, but the garden is fine, tomatoes are ripening.
Here are some pics with Nicholas in the garden from last week. He loved the cherry tomatoes !
And more here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/20120724?authkey=Gv1sRgCKzO6NPDxviUkwE#

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 27, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9220466

Hi Adina. Yes, we were in Au visiting our daughter and SIL. That was back in 2007...GS was almost 2 y/o then. Like any Grandma I have a ton of pics of him from that trip.

I would say Nicholas is going to be quite the gardener with all the good training and fun he is having...he is such a cutie.

It is truly fascinating to me Burn...I consider it an old Modern wonder...grin I got to watch the sunrise over it and understand why it holds such power for the Aborigines...they say it hold souls...etc...and the crags and holes make faces as the light hits them...truly an experience.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

July 28, 2012
1:16 AM

Post #9221112

Couple of sunset sky shots from back window in Scotland, on a rare night it wasn't raining!

Thumbnail by DMersh   Thumbnail by DMersh

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 28, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9221202

Wow...great color. I love the sweeping bands of clouds.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

July 28, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9221836

My God, what fabulous shots.

Adina, how fast Nicholas is growing. He's no longer a baby, is he?

I hope everyone is coping with the heat.

Moon, lucky you to have seen Uluru. I never have, but promise myself a few days there within the next couple of years. Did you see the Olgas?
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

July 28, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9221930

Ha there she is, I was wondering where Margaret had gone.
Adina, that sweet darling of a GS of your is huggable.
That Rock is certainly amazing, must have a lot of stories to tell, So neat that it shows faces when the light hits it. I would love to see all the wonders of the world, including this one.
Awesome colors in those shot DMersh.

A far and close shot of a sunset, I wanted to bring out the outline of the clouds

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 29, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9222301

I love the way the sun "picotees" the clouds, Burn. Lovely.

Yes Margaret, we took the Valley of the Winds walk through the Olgas, the same day we walked all the way around Uluru (9.4k) almost 6 miles. We were a tired and hungry crew after our adventure, and everyone of us had a "rosy" glow...we were covered in fine red dust...grin

http://en.travelnt.com/explore/uluru-kata-tjuta/kata-tjuta.aspx

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

July 31, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9225164

Moon I remember seeing a documentary on Ayer's rock awhile back on TV.

Adina, nice to see Nicholas getting long legs and boyish looking, and a nice crop of cherry tomatoes you have. Good he likes to eat them too.

DMersh, those are wonderful! Nice you had a chance to see a great sunset and I must say one heck of a fantastic sunset.

Burn pretty shots of the sherbet sky, like the lining along the clouds.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 31, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9225308

It is a really interesting place, Sherrie. Kinda spooky in the dark...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 31, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9225435

Very nice pics. interesting places Jean. I have no photo to share, but still watching and enjoying yours.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 1, 2012
7:17 AM

Post #9225810

Great pics everyone!
Jean thanks for sharing those pics, so impressive! And your grandson is so adorable!
Dmersh, awesome sunset!
Bernadette, lovely sunset too!
Margaret good to hear from you!
Hey, Sherri and Kim!
Here's the promissed sunrise. I am on vacation...or should i say staycation...LOL..so I will have more time to take pictures!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9225910

Thanks y'all. I would love to have either end of the sun to post, but, hazy mornings and cloudy evenings preclude that.

Adina, glad you have some time off. Will Nicholas be coming to visit Grandma while you are on Stay-kay? Pretty blues and oranges in that sunrise.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9226326

Cool pics, cool places, like world wide.
from the Midwest -

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9226371

Hi J. Great pics...I love how the sunbeam streaks across the front of the clouds...and I am a sucker for orange and blue sunsets...grin. seen any good music lately?
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2012
5:15 PM

Post #9226402

1st of July, 3 days and nights of blues along the Mississippi R. at the Quad Cities. Coco Montoya, Guitar Shorty, and Kenny Neil amongst others.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2012 6:30 PM

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9226406

Oh how cool. That is Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline and Rock Island? I know you had a grand time. Love Coco Montoya...
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9226423

Correct. Concerts are at Riverside Park in Davenport. Yearly affair. Always visit botanic gardens in Davenport (Van der Meer) and the Quad Cities Botanical Garden in Rock Island when there.
How about yourself?

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9226642

BluesFest in Baton Rouge and EarthDay in BR back in April, but no chance to play since then. They were both great shows. Royal Southern Brotherhood (Greg Allman's oldest son, Devan and Cyril Neville and friends) and Lightnin' Malcolm were my favorite "new" groups...Johnny Winter was phenomenal as one would expect.

Sounds like a great venue...good music and botanical gardens...scratch a couple itches at the same time.

Devan and Cyril, Lightnin Malcolm, Johnny Winter

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 3, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9228170

I am so excited...for the first time in quite a while, we had a visible sunset...not swallowed by storm clouds. No super saturated colors, but the 3rd pic reminds me of dolphins playing...flights of fancy...grin

This message was edited Aug 3, 2012 11:20 AM

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

August 4, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9229886

Congrats on getting some sunset shots,Jean!!! I can see your playing Dolphins! Great shots.

This message was edited Aug 8, 2012 11:09 PM

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 5, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9230164

Thanks Burn...now I am ready for it to rain again...LOL
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 8, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9234991

yesterday

Thumbnail by jmorth

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

August 8, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9235070

Nice color in your sky Jmorth.

I got a few shots a few days ago.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2012
4:00 AM

Post #9235257

Nice pics. of the Dolphins cloud Jean, Burnadette and J. Such beautiful blue, blue sky photos. J. How did your Gloriosa lilies turn out this year? It's nice to 'find' you here.

Few day past sunset;

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9235328

Nice colors and the scenes are so serene...and Kim...that bit of cloud on the right looks like a giant sunbird's head...

Yeah, J, I always think of you when someone mentions Gloriosa lilies. Hope the crazy weather didn't cause problems.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 9, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9235451

Gloriosas are well, thankyou. I think there's 15 large to very large containers this year. I've noted more buds heat-blasted than ever before but overall they've done well and continue to do so.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9235641

Aww thanks for sharing, J. They are as beautiful as I remembered.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 9, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9235651

And, while it isn't as pretty as the lilies, here's a little Happy Birthday Goodie for ya...

Happy Birthday J

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 9, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9236250

Oh Jean, that's the most "fun" cake there is!!! Happy birthday to you J. The lilies are just as beautiful, fine fine job! Oh Jean what's a sunbird please. I saw the cloud but couldn't tide it with any image. lol
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 10, 2012
12:11 AM

Post #9236374

Thanks Lily and Moon. That's a colorful cake there.
Sunrise on the 9th and clouds at sunset.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9236563

The sun bird is a Phoenix, Kim. It is found in folklore of a number of cultures...a bird that rises from its own ashes, but my favorite reference is a poem by Ogden Nash

The Phoenix

Deep in the study
Of eugenics
We find that fabled
Fowl, the Phoenix.
The wisest bird
As ever was,
Rejecting other
Mas and Pas,
It lays one egg,
Not ten or twelve,
And when it's hatched it,
Out pops itself.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9236566

Yes, I will admit that is a very busy cake...and not likely to go unnoticed...but then, neither should birthdays go unnoticed...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 10, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9236661

Jean, thank you. Yes the legend of the Phoenix bird ... and love the poem too. Thanks. Did you know; On some far away land, birthdays are celebrated among the lunar moon calendar New Year day? That means a child that was born on Dec. 31st, will be TWO years of "age" by the 1st of the Lunar New-Year day!!! Poor baby! LOL

Missed sunrise and set; things have really been busy, busy here. So there is this "sun flower" for everyone. (a Brugmansia flower agaisnt the misty sky). ^_^

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2012
8:37 AM

Post #9236668

I did know that that was how they "aged" thoroughbred horses for racing, but not aware that was also used for babies...thanks for that.

Pretty Brug...I do like the yellow ones.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 10, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9236732

Happy Belated Birthday, jmorth! Beautiful gloriosa you got there!
Jean, lovely dolphins! Nicholas has come home for good...again! Andreea left her BF apparently for the last time. She has finally realized what we've been telling her for months,, that he is a jerk. She has a job here in the village now so we hope everything will be OK.
Bernadette and Kim, love your skies!
We finally had rain last night, with lots of thunders and lightnings,, yeaaaah! This is another sunrise from 2 days ago when it was still hot.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 10, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9236814

Sounds like one of those times where you hate to be right...but glad Andreea and Nicholas are safe at home with you. Good thoughts to you all...we Moms worry when our kids are far away.

That is a bright red sun...reminds me of the old Sailor rhyme...Red Sky at night, Sailor's delight, Red Sky at dawning, Sailors take warning. Guess that brought the rain...GRIN

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 10, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9237324

Good thoughts sending your way as well from me to you and your darling daughter and Nicholas Adina. Beautiful pics.!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 11, 2012
2:55 AM

Post #9237438

Thank you both so much for the good thoughts. I'm really enjoying having them both here again all the time! It's exausting playing with Nicholas , but such fun! And since we had so much rain these days I didn't have to loose time with watering anymore . We went to take her things back from the apartment today and i hope this is finally over!
Jean, you might be right, that red sun brought the rain!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

August 11, 2012
3:48 AM

Post #9237455

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in front. Gorgeous skies, everyone.

Happy belated birthday, J Morth.

Adina, I hope everything works out with Nicholas and his mum. It's never good when relationships are toxic, especially when children are involved. They have a safe and stable environment with you.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 11, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9237662

Hi Margaret...there is an old saying "The hurrier I go the behinder I get" I think that ought to be my motto...LOL
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #9237813

Thank you Adina and I hope things work out. Thank you Margaret.
Moonbird

Thumbnail by jmorth

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 11, 2012
12:14 PM

Post #9237925

...and they have been known to howl occasionally..grin

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 20, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9247503

I am so far behind also. But popped on to wish you a happy belated birthday Jmorth. Hope it was fun, I forget to look at the birthday's on the homepage.

Wonderful shots of the sky everyone, very pretty.

My only sky shot...too many plants in the way...lol.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 20, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9247613

That's beautiful Sherri! What gorgeous blooms of your passion flowers! I had a yellow one once but I killed it.

Jean, thanks for the chuckle I needed that!

Jmorth, lovely moon and bird!

You were all so kind with your wishes, but unfortunately my DD moved back to her BF.. I'm so sad. After we were getting along so well,, she was going to work and I was babysitting since I'm still on vacation, she started to meet him again and my DH had a strong argument with her so she decided she'd better leave. They have both the same temper and it's hard for them to live too much together without arguing.. Although I think she would have left anyway...sigh.
I have some sunrise pics for you,, in a more cheerful note.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 20, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9247907

Beautiful pix of the passionflora Sherri. Adina great photos. Wish things will turn out well for the young couple. I bet you missed Nicholas so.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 20, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9248014

All you can do Adina is love them...I hope they either work things out or Andreea decides she is finished once and for all...I agree Nicholas is surely missed by you all.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 20, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9248371

Thanks sunkissed.
Nice sunrises Adina.
Last night...setting sun

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9248610

J, those are some great shots of the setting sun last night. This morning post sunrise in my corner of the woods.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 21, 2012
12:44 PM

Post #9249106

Adina and Jmorth just beautiful sun shots, such brilliant colors.

Lily I would just love to sit on that dock and watch the sunrise...I could be there in a days time...lol.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 23, 2012
11:31 PM

Post #9251881

Sherri, thanks!
Kim, as Sherri said!LOL Love the brug!
I have some new pics, but since I have been busy lately (started work...grrr!) I will post them later. Anyways, nothing too amazing because the weather is hot again and sunrise and sunset are almost the same, no clouds at all on the sky.

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 24, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9252022

Beautiful rich colors J.

Kim, such a pretty place to wake up to...

Lovely pics from you both.

I hear ya Adina...just hot and not much special in the sky...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 24, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9252037

Thanks Jean, hey Sherri, comon' down and see some of the turtles down here from the pier. If you fly it takes but a few hours. lol
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

August 24, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9252623

Very nice flowers in your sky shots sunkissed. ; )
Adina. the clouds add so much interest, and I love the way the sun shines behind them.
Yours too jmorth. The one with the field brings back memories of my childhood.
Kim, out of 8 brugs only 2 made flowers this year both whites.

These were taken last month.

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007      

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9253031

Hi Burn...love the streaks of color in the second pic.

So far this year, one white and one yellow bloom on my brugs...guess it has just been too hot for them.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9253082

Bernadette, love the pictures. As far as brugs. I've one yellow, 3 pinks, and one white that bloomed. Jean has a good point; too hot for brugs this summer. I was delighted with the white blooming one though, hadn't had one bloomed for several year, so when it does it's such a treat.

I've pics. but my browser is blocking me from posting pics. on DG for some reason... I may not able to do so for a while 'til the bugs can be worked out...

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9253093

Kim, I had that problem when I logged in with Internet Explorer...switched to Mozilla Fire Fox and was able to post pics again.

Two of mine, the peach and the pink haven't bloomed for a couple years now...rethinking where they are planted and looking to move them to a morning sun location in hopes that helps.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #9253167

Hummm, now I'll have to learn how to switch over to Mozilla Fire Fox...thanks Jean for the tip. I've been pretty behind on fertilizing my brugs...they require frequent fertilizer to best perform beside sun/shade issues I think.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9253177

I cut back on fertilizing them a bit when it got so hot...still feeding them. but at a reduced strength...

Just up upload Fire Fox and tell it where you want to go...that should do it.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
9:42 AM

Post #9253195

Just switched over to firefox, still the browsing button isn't there. I'm out of pocket for the time being. sniff sniff.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #9253250

Strange, mine says Choose A File...and seems to work okay. Sorry...hope it straightens out soon...I will miss your pictures.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9253282

Thanks Jean, I've "talked" with admin's staff back and forth. I've also sent request to DG's helpdesk. so hopefully the issues will be resolved soon.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 25, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #9253486

Hi guys! I noticed they've changed the browse to choose a file.
Kim, I hope the DG guys will fix your issues .
Jean, wonderful brugs! I didn't have any luck with them, but my daturas are blooming also. I'll take some pics tomorrow.
Bernadette, love your pics, so peaceful!
More sunrises.

Adina

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

August 25, 2012
8:29 PM

Post #9253835

Thanks Jean, Kim and Adina.
Great pics Adina, I like the third one a lot. I usually don't care much for power lines, but in your pic the tower make a nice accent against the colorful sky.

On the same night as the others above.
The brug seems to be yellow before it open, but it is white.

Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007   Thumbnail by burn_2007      

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 26, 2012
5:32 AM

Post #9254055

Adina, thanks. I may need to update my pc. Not knowing what's really the problem is... Bernadette, I favor those white blooming brugs. Though, mine; the blossoms looks very much a carbon copy of 'Miss Emily Mckinzie' only it's white rather than pink. And MEM first appear yellow, then turn white, then finally pink. A real beauty in the hybridized brugs world.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

August 28, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #9256728

Sunrise

Thumbnail by jmorth

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9256776

Mine has that yellow cast to it also Burn, then pure white when open.
Bright colorful pics Adina. I agree, the tower makes a nice counterpoint.
Cool pic J...I love the small clouds scudding across...beautiful deep blue sky.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 29, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9258445

Jmorth, beautiful sunrise.
Jean, thanks for the pics the brugs are stunning and I'm glad they're blooming so much for you!
Kim, is your pc fixed yet?
Here's a sunset and a sunrise from the other day.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti      

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #9258465

Hi Adina, it was a kink that worked itself out. I can post pics. now. I like the 1st pic. the best. Very nice!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9258471

post sunrise this morning.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 30, 2012
10:00 AM

Post #9259327

Beautiful, Kim! Good to hear your pc is working!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9259336

I have a couple pics from Tuesday evening before Isaac hit.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl   Thumbnail by themoonhowl         

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
10:10 AM

Post #9259338

Jean, how are you fairing with Isaac? Thanks Adina.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9259350

Hi Kim...wet and still a bit windy...some more rain yet to come, but the power is back on and damage is minimal...house is high and dry and no damage to it.the creek is rising, but we should still be okay...my house is about 25 feet above the creek. we fared well as the majority of stuff stayed to the east of us.Lots of folks much worse off than us, so all is good in Moonville...grin. Muddy Creek this morning...it has inundated the pond next to it.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9259379

Gosh! It's such terrible for those in low laying area. I read/heard something about the levies being broken at such and such area. Hope people in effected areas were evacuviated in a timely manner. Glad you're on higher elevation. Just look at all those raising water!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #9259415

There are still folks taking a hit from Isaac...he may very well be one for the record books, water wise. Folks in FLA ,AL and Miss are still getting wind, rain and some tornadoes.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9259486

Possitive thought and prayers are sent out to those affected. Take care Jean.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 30, 2012
12:38 PM

Post #9259491

Thanks Kim...will do. You keep an eye out for rain your way.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

August 31, 2012
10:54 AM

Post #9260495

Jean, I'll be praying for you and all the people in Isaac's way to be safe. It's a relief your house is higher than the creek! Is the danger gone yet?
The sunset you posted was beautiful!
We're having drought again so I need to water a lot. Beautiful sunny days, temps are in the 90s and no wind.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

August 31, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9260537

Hi Adina. Kind of you to remember the folks trying to stay above water. It is raining again here...the creek has risen about 5-6 feet, but can take lots more before it becomes a problem. Now we just have to keep an eye on what flooding is north and east of us as all these waterways are connected. If the Amite river about 5-6 miles from us floods, it will backwash into Bayou Manchac and then Muddy Creek. As my Mama said...no sense in stewing over something you can't control...just do what ya can and when all else fails you...pray.

I would love to send ya some of our rain...how are Andreea and Nicholas?

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9269954

I didn't really have much in the way of a sun rise this morning...it was more like someone reversed the dimmer switch...it just sort of got brighter outside the window...grin

But, the humming birds were out early for their morning aerial duels. I wasn't surprised by the quiet sunrise...the sunset last night was a quiet disappearance ...

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 9, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #9270234

The hummers must be fueling up for the long journey South there Jean. We've had some rain but nothing threatening. Thanks goodness. Like Jean, I'm thinking about you and Andrea and sweet Nicholas Adina.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9270376

We get some migratory Hummers,but it seems like the ruby throats and the odd Rufous or two are here year round.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

September 10, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9271204

Here's a sunrise and some sunshine pics...

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth      

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

September 10, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9271463

Very nice Jmorth. Kim those brugs are lovely. I'm giving mine away. I need to down size, because of my health. Hopefully other will find as much delight in them as I did.
Jean, wow that a lot of hummers! Love the clouds shots before Isaac. Glad to hear you were spared of the flooding.
Adina I love the color combination of your MG, so lovely.

I went out yesterday to take a few pictures of the setting sun.
1. the setting sun hitting the trees, giving it a golden hue.
2. A little later the sky was a nice pink.

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012 10:45 PM

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

September 10, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9271485

I mistakenly pressed the send button before, I could post these last few shots.

A short while later, the colors had all changed. And then while heading home, I took this shot over the river, it had gotten quite dark out, it was my cue telling me, it was time to quit . ;)

This message was edited Sep 10, 2012 11:04 PM

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9271795

Kim, what is that lovely blue flower in you pic above? Pretty Brug too.

J...red sky at morning...have you been getting any of Isaac's rain up there? That Blue sky is lovely.

Those are neat pics Burn...I love the last one...almost looks painted. Sorry to hear about your brugs. Downsizing can be hard...good thoughts to you.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 11, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9271887

Yes, downsizing can be hard. DH has expressed interests of downsizing my tropical collection. I'm working on sorting out what I really have to have and what to let go. It's really tough. Jean, the blue flowers are that of Thunbergia grandiflora. There is an article currently discussing about the plant's genus "of many species". This particular one should be hardy on your zone I believe. In mild winter these will survive here. But I have to take precautionary-cuttings of the vine if I want to assure next year's crop. Also, luckily I've a nursery that will propagate some of these "tropicals" for me should my luck run out. lol
J. those are very interesting shots of the sky.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9271892

Ahh, thanks Kim. That one is on my list...I have an arbor that needs new friends to cover it.

As for downsizing...Isaac took away the second greenhouse and I made the decision to not replace it...I have lugged plants in and out for a decade...time to put some stuff in the ground and pass along a few that can't be planted...I think two hits (Gustav and Isaac) to the same GH are a bit of a "sign" GRIN...DH says it is...LOL
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

September 11, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9272068

thanks all.
Jean, received 4" from Isaac's remnants.
I too, seriously thought about downsizing; this was the first year the heat has ever bothered me in the garden; though that's the reality of it and I should downsize, probably won't.
Nice sunsetters Burn

Riding into the sunset. (originally put 'driving into'..., but I'm the passenger, so...)

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 11, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9272386

I am sure it was fairly well received... you just might have preferred to spread it out a bit. We got 18+ inches during August and are at about 7 inches into September...Now if the winds remain calm and we don't get too much more rain or wind, all should be well.

The heat has only started "getting" to me the past couple years...ah the vagaries of age...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

September 14, 2012
2:46 AM

Post #9274706

Jean, so sorry for your GH, but glad you are safe! Andreea and Nicholas are OK, still in Bucharest. She would have wanted to send Nicholas to the kindergarten, but decided not to, at least not until next spring. Love the hummers!
Jmorth, same here about watering, this drought seems endless! Great pics!
Kim, I hope you won't downsize your plants, they're so lovely!
Bernadette, sorry you have to give away your brugs! I hope you're feeling well.
I have a few sunrises from last month. Since I've started work I've been so busy, but I still took some pics. I have to download them.

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 1, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9291845

Hey, where's everyone? I suppose busy with gardening and canning, like I've been! I have a more time, although it's still hot outside and I still have to water. Plants and veggies are still in the garden, growing, blooming and fruiting. I think I have some pics to post here, but I need to check when I get back home from work. Waving to all!

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9291908

Hi Adina, I'm still here. Not having many pics. to share, but here. Weather is pleasantly cool here. The garden is still going strong in this part of our regions in the States. Glad things are going well there. Waving back and to everyone.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9292143

Hi Adina and Kim

Yes, a busy time of year. it has been overcast for days now, but at least i don't have to water...grin We have had a few cool mornings but they do not last long and we are back in the high 80's low 90's by afternoon. So much needs to be done outside before winter, but can't do much in the rain...This is the last decent sunset pic i have from a few days ago.

Howdys and waves to you all.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 1, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #9292514

Hi Kim and Jean! Glad to hear you're having some cool!
Jean, interesting clouds, love the golden ones!
Here are some sunrise pics.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 1, 2012

Post #9292516

More.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 1, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #9292566

Hi Adina. Gorgeous sunrise pics...I especially like the Morning glory greeting the sun. Hope all is well with you...good thoughts to Andreea and Nicholas...hope all is well with them. Did I understand you have a new job? Or just returning to the same one after time off?
Thanks, the reds and oranges make the most spectacular photos, IMHO...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 1, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9292813

Jean, yes we're still having some Indian Summer days to deal with before it's done for the year. Interesting pic. of the sunset. Adina those sunset photos are awesome!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 2, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9293348

Wonderful sky shots everyone...I had to catch up. We took our Camper and went traveling all last month around Florida, mostly up in the panhandle. I took some shots of the sunrise and sunsets...for you all.

First two photos are on the East coast of Florida Atlantic ocean sunrise
photo 3 is in the panhandle St. George Island sunset though the tall pines over the bay
photo 4 is sunset St. Andrews in Panama City Beach over the Gulf of Mexico
photo 5 is St. Andrews lagoon sunset with boat marina

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 2, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9293360

more...

My husband took this photo of me at sunset...he was asking me how much I love Florida..."This much!"
Photo one and three are in Destin, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.
The others are in Sopchoppy, FL on the Ochlockonee River ( kind of remind me of Lily's pond)

This message was edited Oct 2, 2012 8:27 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 2, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9293384

Welcome back Sherri, wow wow! Those photos tell all how you've spent the time away from home; one great time! Have you entered any of those photos in the contest? They're so breath taken beautiful.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 2, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9293426

Gorgeous photos Sherri...I would say a good time was had by all...grin

So serene and lovely Kim. Nice to see folks wandering back in...GRIN
burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

October 2, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9294261

What a grand time that must of been for you, Sherri. Your photos are wonderful! I love the one your DH took of you with the sunset in the background. From all the photos you've posted of the Florida tour, I would have answered just as you did. :) (This much)

Kim love your lake shot, and the extended Summer you have. Our temp are in the single digit (Celsius) at night now. We did have a frost, my hostas are turning yellow. What I have blooming are Asters and mums and Rudbeckia. Those can tolerate some frost.

Great shots, Adina. You got quite a range of colors in those, beautiful.

Jean is your sunset taken before a storm? Neat shot, I like the clouds.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

October 2, 2012
11:30 PM

Post #9294346

I'm still around, Adina. Just not spending very much time on the computer at present.

Beautiful images, one and all.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 3, 2012
4:37 AM

Post #9294412

Sherri, wow, love the pic with you in the sunset! Great pics! Florida is everyone's idea of a perfect vacation!
Jean, I still have my old job. Kids are fine, thanks for asking. The good news is that Nicholas has no pampers anymore. He asks for the potty!!!!
Posting a link to a new album with him in the park :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/1Octombrie2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCObGyreZnquXyQE#

Here's a question for you : who do you think is in these 2 pics? The title of the album means "resemblance".

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/Asemanare#

Bernadette, I can't believe you have one digit temps! My asters are also blooming right now. Lovely picture!
Kim, your view from the deck is beautiful, as always!
Posting more pics of Nicholas.

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 3, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9294504

Hello Margaret and Burn. Good to see you both.

Thanks Burn.That pic was not directly before bad weather, but it became overcast for the next couple days and then rained off and on for the next 4 days.. How is the downsizing going?

Margaret, I would imagine you are busy with all things Spring right now. Are you doing a vegetable garden?

Adina...a big thumbs up for Nicholas for leaving the diapers behind...they grow up so quickly. Oh, the second link would not work???

Lovely to see you all.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 3, 2012
7:32 AM

Post #9294549

Thanks for the welcome back and glad you liked the sunrises and sets. Mother nature was giving quite a show for me to photograph. It is good to be back home though and in the garden again. I tackled the passion vine and the jungle looks a bit more tamed now, today every muscle in my body feels it though.

Wow Adina, Nicholas is really getting big...he is really just adorable...glad the diapers are on the outs...always a good thing.

Kim, I love all your brug shots against the sky. My plant that my Dad gave me grew a good foot while I was gone...looks nice and healthy, but since such a baby never any flowers this year. His were all blooming like crazy this summer. Maybe next summer mine will blossom...I hope so.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 3, 2012
10:45 PM

Post #9295368

Hi Margaret! Good to hear from you!
Jean, sorry for the link, it was my fault...I forgot to check the view ...now it's unlocked! Those are pictures with my DD when she was 1 and the other with Nicholas. Don't they look alike?LOL

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/Asemanare?authkey=Gv1sRgCLDVzKO4xdnnugE
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

October 3, 2012
11:26 PM

Post #9295382

Wowee, Adina. What a strong resemblance! It's fascinating watching Nicholas grow. He's no longer a baby.

I've given up on vegetable gardening, moon. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those corrugated steel garden plots. I think I'd have greater success that way. Problem is, if indeed it is a problem, is that our yard is mostly shade from many, many trees. I'd have to try hard to find a patch that gets enough sun to help vegetables thrive.

Burn, you have such a short summer - lucky you!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 4, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9295639

Hi everyone, Sherri, it has more meaning when loved ones share their love of gardening... hope those that are given to you soon will bloom. Adina, the resemblance of mother and child is undeniable! How wonderful is that! Miracle of life!

Bernadette, hope things are going well your way too. I'm grateful of the serenity moments that we do get. But like Jean, we do see our fair shares of the stormy weather around here, even floods... Margaret, like you. My garden is too shady even for a colorful perennials to thrive. So I supplemented with container gardening on sunny spots in the backyard.
Kim

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 5, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9296459

Margaret I have the same problem with the shade trees. I have tried container tomatoes and peppers so I can move them with the sun spots...but the rain killed them all off too early this year with disease. So I am at the point of giving up on vegetable gardening also. Too wet, too hot, too shady here.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 5, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9296973

sunrises

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 5, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9296975

and a sunset

Thumbnail by jmorth

burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9297643

Great shots Jmorth! I love the glow on the field in your first one, and the gold orangy with the multi clouds.

Margaret, :o) I don't think I would love the scorching heat of your Summer. But I'll think of you, when you are in the upper 30s and 40s and we are in the - 30.

Adina that is quite a remarkable resemblance!!!

Hi Jean and Kim

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 6, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9297651

Margaret, I would imagine with the summer heat, the trees have more value than the few veggie plants...grin

Little Nicholas apple did not fall far from the tree at all Adina, grin

Hi Burn. Looks like it is gonna be bundle up time before you know it. Stay warm.

J, love the pics...such vivid colors.

Waves to you all

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 7, 2012
3:02 AM

Post #9298203

Thanks everyone and hi!
Jmorth, wow, what beautiful pictures!
Margaret and Sherri, sorry for your veggies! Yet, your gardens must be beautiful with all the trees! Any pictures?
I was up early just as the sun was rising, but it was too late when I took the camera. It wasn't much of a sunrise though, no clouds,, just clear sky. Starting tomorrow we're getting rain and will miss the sun ...but only for a day!LOL
Waving to all!

Adina
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #9299864

Thanks all; here's a sunset last week -

Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth   Thumbnail by jmorth

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 8, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9299929

Some outstanding photos there J. Great water color paint. *grins. Waving to everyone.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 9, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9300405

Great color, J. It looks like the sky is on fire. Cooler weather can cause some fine colors to appear.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 9, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9300584

Thanks. There was a short piece on the weather channel recently detailing the scientific factors that make sunset photos taken in the fall particularly colorful. It was really an interesting presentation. I should have paid more attention or taken notes.

dragonfly62

dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 9, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #9300679

One of my favorite subjects. All are beautiful. BEV
The one is a kalidescope of a sunset.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62   Thumbnail by dragonfly62         

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 12, 2012
2:23 AM

Post #9302897

Great pics, Jmorth! I would have been also interested learning about the sunset.
Bev, wow, how did you do that kaleidoscope?

P_Edens

P_Edens
Willis, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #9302951

Beautiful sunrises and sunsets everyone! Bev, I love that kaleido!

I was also interested in the program that jmorth mentioned. I looked to see if I could find a copy available on the internet and have not found one yet, but I did find this information that I thought was interesting ...
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/corfidi/sunset/

If I find an available video of the weather channel program, I will post the location.

Patti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 12, 2012
12:11 PM

Post #9303254

Patti, thanks for the link. It was very interesting!
I have some pics of a sunrise, not so spectacular.

DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9303393

Couple here taken looking toward the southern highlands in Scotland, view from back window

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 12, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9303432

Absolutely beautiful pics. everyone.
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

October 13, 2012
2:20 AM

Post #9303719

This was on 30th September, no actual sun visible but caught the beams farly well.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9303784

Nice info Patti. thanks for the link. Great pics...so much color.

dragonfly62

dragonfly62
Nilwood, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 13, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #9304053

I do a lot of kalidos with the Piccasa program. BEV

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 15, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #9305619

Wonderful, Dmersh!
Bev, thanks for the tip. I'll try that with Picasa.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 17, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9307933

A few hours ago.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9307965

What a great sequence...love the colors and the cloud formations are neat.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 17, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9308180

Beautiful! Great colors!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 17, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9308214

Wow, I personally haven't seen one spectacular sunrise as yours, J. Agreed with Jean and Adina.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 18, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9309027

Wow jmorth you have me wanting to take a trip to your part of the country, you have amazing sunrises and sunsets there, just spectacular.

dragonfly62 very interesting the sunset kalidescope.

DMersh I just love those sunsets of Scotland, they look like they were brush painted. The orange one is so nice.

DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2012
2:14 PM

Post #9309091

Thankyou Sunkissed, good sunsets are rare in Scotland, one of the wettest parts of Europe! You can go a long time without sight of the sun here, especially in Summer - usually a washout in Scotland but other seasons have reasonable weather.

This is typical sort of Scottish weather...

Thumbnail by DMersh

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 19, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9309608

DMersh, well even that is very pretty. I guess nature gives you an extra special sun painted sky for waiting so long. :)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 19, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9309869

I second to what Sherri said, it's beautiful!
I have a few pics of a sunrise from 2 days ago. Our weather is so unusually warm for this time of year.!

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9316372

Hi all, here comes my favorite sunset in my corner of the woods.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 27, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9316807

Lovely Lily and striking sunrise Adina. Haven't seen any sun here for a couple days since Hurricane Sandy bringing cloudy rainy windy weather, but the cool 68 at 10AM is much welcomed.
-Sherri

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9316812

Thanks Sherri, please stay safe away from the storm.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9316847

Wow, nice colors there Adina. Hope all is well with you.

Hi Kim...that is such a lovely pic...you do have a grand little corner of the world...

It has been foggy every morning here and hazy in the evenings...not so hot for sunrise/sunset pics.

Hello to you all...stay safe...hope this storm pushes out into the Atlantic.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9317362

Thanks Jean, it's pretty at times it could be quite ... shall I say challenging! Like when we get flood and losing my prized Yoshino cherry tree. Hoping the storm would pass mainland and out into the Ocean.
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9319095

couple here of todays sunset

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 29, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9319504

Nice pics all.
Last night -

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9319523

Beautiful photo DMersh and J.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

October 30, 2012
3:06 AM

Post #9319832

Great pics everyone! I hope you are all safe from the hurricane!

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

October 30, 2012

Post #9319998

Beautiful paintbox colors D and J.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 31, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9320965

So nice DMersh and Jmorth. Painted skies.
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 31, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #9321002

Thanks all. There's some pretty cool pics in the contest entries.
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9328898

Sun wasn't actually setting in 1st pic but getting low in the sky as it neared the hilltops, had sunk down lower for the other two

Thumbnail by DMersh   Thumbnail by DMersh   Thumbnail by DMersh      

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
10:27 AM

Post #9328910

Great pics...that second one looks cold...brrrr.
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9328917

thanks, yes it was freezing on the hilltops at around 2500ft but some great views to be had. The snows melted now but will probably be back before long!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9328918

At first glance it was hard to determine where the snow ended and the sky began, but not hard at all to tell it was cold...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 9, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #9329033

Beautiful, Dmersh! Are you living that up in the mountains?
Hey everyone!
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9329099

Only mountain hares and sheep live up there! Its a wilderness area, Crieff is a small town down beneath the highland area where I walked up from. this is view from back window, hill I was on is to the left, just before it slopes down.

Thumbnail by DMersh

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #9329142

DMersh, you've a million dollar view from the small town. How glorious!!!

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9329150

Oh I meant to say hi Adina, and waving hello to everyone. Adina, thanks for your concern over the last terrible storm that hit the Northeastern of our States. It left such devastation and the clean up still continue as you could see on the news. Praying for recovery for those that are affected. Luckily family and loved ones up States are safe and sound.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9329191

I almost missed this beautiful sunset this evening, when I looked up, I was delighted to see this. I quickly ran out with my camera.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love         

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 9, 2012
9:33 PM

Post #9329412

You view of the mountains is indeed exquisite. Such lovely countryside.

Hi Adina...hope all is well with you. How is little Master Nicholas?

Kim, that is truly beautiful...what a slice of paradise in the sky

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 11, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #9330109

Hi Kim, great sunset! Prayers for those in NY and NJ . What a terrible storm!
Hi Jean! Nicholas is well, just saw him last Sunday and he is talking better, makes sentences, but in his own language!LOl
Dmersh, what a wonderful view! Thanks for sharing!
I have a foggy sunrise from last week.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 11, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9330149

Wow, I love the way the clouds seem to be "stacking" up on each other in that 3rd shot, then burst apart in the last one. neat pics Adina. Glad Nicholas is doing well and learning the "secret language of small children"...grin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 13, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9332306

LOL! The last word he has learned is "chewchup" meaning ketchup!LOL

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 13, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9332418

Too cute...my grandson called it cat soup...
DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9340586

Those misty sunsets were very good Adinamiti & pylons always seem to look good in sunsets though they are usually ugly in daylight pictures.
Took these last weekend while out on a walk.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9340770

That second picture is positively eerie...great pic.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

November 25, 2012
1:19 PM

Post #9342155

DMersh I love the snowy mountain sunset photos, the middle photo is really spectacular. I agree you have a wonderful view of those beautiful mountains.

Kim, what a nice catch, I love when clouds are pink and streaking across the sky like that. You have to be quick to get the camera because they don't last long.

Adina the low lying misty fog adds a nice color variation in your photos...very nice, especially the last one.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 25, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9342365

It's quite difficult to catch great sunset. This is all I could ... for the evening. To top that off, sunset is wayyyyy too early in the day! Even my gardener helpers agreed with me on my frowning of the shortened day light!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9351278

late November

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2012
2:01 PM

Post #9351549

WOW!! Sky on fire...great shots.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 6, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9351577

Boing! That's the sound of my eyeballs popping. That is a spectacular sky, jmorth.

Hello everyone. Lurking.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9351625

Spectacular it is! Great shot there J. Hi Margaret and everyone. Sunset this evening through my picture-window.

Thumbnail by Lily_love   Thumbnail by Lily_love         

MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 6, 2012
4:04 PM

Post #9351640

Beautiful, Kim.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9351692

Thanks Margaret, how are things going there where you are?
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 7, 2012
2:47 AM

Post #9351955

Good, Kim. Thanks for asking. The weather is starting to warm up. I suppose you're having some welcome respite from the heat.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9352017

Margaret, the weather has been very nice, only to turn colder in no time. Perfect to work in the garden time of year. Most decidous trees have dropped their leaves except some water oaks where they still holding on ... Jeane, how the weather up your way? Adina? J? Has it snow there yet?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 7, 2012
5:48 AM

Post #9352042

Wow Kim I wish I had a view like that out my window...how nice.

My goodness J, Fire in the sky is right...truly must have been wonderful to sit and watch that sky.

So sunsets but did get the full moon last week while we were sitting out by the fire pit.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed         

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2012
1:09 AM

Post #9354297

Thanks all; that particular sunset was a beaut.
Valsflowers
Litchfield Park, AZ

December 11, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9355420

A couple of sunset pictures from the backyard.

Thumbnail by Valsflowers   Thumbnail by Valsflowers         

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #9355429

The Bougainvillea and the sunset almost match...neat colors, Val.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #9355511

That full moon reflects a mysterious sky Sherri. J. Those sure-fire sunsets are so vibrant. Welcome Val. to the thread. One beautiful setting to unwind by the pool. Do Bougainvilleas survive the winter there? Waving at Jeane and our group of gardening friends here.
Valsflowers
Litchfield Park, AZ

December 11, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9355937

The Bougainvilleas do really good here in the winter as long as it doesn't get to freezing. It has just started cooling down with a high in the sixties today. This is one of 6, but has been doing the best and has the brightest color.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 12, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9356392

Hi everyone! Great pics! I've been very busy digging in my veggie garden, but I managed to finish before the bad weather came. We have another deep freeze and snowstorm here, too early...arrgghhh!!! I just warmed up after shovelling all the snow from last night's snowstorm!LOL
But I also have some good news : we made peace with my DD and her jerk. They came over for St. Nicholas day.
Val, welcome! Love your bougainvillea!
I have a sunset from last week. And a few pics with Nicholas.

Adina

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9357047

Nicholas looks well prepared for the cold.
Welcome Val.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 13, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9357052

Thanks Val. for the response. Adina, Nicholas is indeed ready for the winter! Hoping you and yours the best for the Holidays to come. Hope the snow isn't as bad as it was last year.
Sunset is way too early in the day here... here is some reflection that I thought of 'Pink cloud' or fire on the horizon.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9357085

Pretty in Pink...grin

Adina, glad things are back to normal...I know you missed Nicholas.
Hello to you all.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 13, 2012

Post #9357468

Thanks for your kind words! Tonight it's even colder, but a wonderful phenomenon is on the sky. I just saw 3 shooting stars while I was out to feed the doggies. Maybe you will want to watch :

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/12/12/geminid_meteor_shower_100_shooting_stars_per_hour.html

Adina

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9357912

The Geminids were great once all the Christmas lights went off for the night...one neighbor has a "Santa Searchlight" that can signal Mir...
jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9357932

'that can signal Mir...' lol

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2012

Post #9357951

GRIN...we moved here to get away from "sky-glow"...fortunately the blazing Santa light is only for a few weeks.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 4, 2013
8:39 AM

Post #9375128

Wow Adina Nicholas is just getting so boyish looking now, been fun watching him growing. Val love the sunset with the sunset colored Bougainvillea.

Kim how is it going with the new camera?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 6, 2013
1:49 AM

Post #9376862

Hey, Sherri, thanks! Happy New Year everyone! Wishing you all a great year 2013, health and happiness!
I was so busy lately having the children with us during the holidays, working almost everyday. But we had a wonderful time and even went out on New Year's Eve. Here are a few pictures from the restaurant.
How did you spent the holidays?

Adina

DMersh
Perth
United Kingdom
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9376978

haven't caught many sunsets lately but got a sunrise picture, over the rooftops

Thumbnail by DMersh

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
7:03 AM

Post #9377008

Happy New Year to all my friends here. Sherri, I haven't made any progresses with my new camera, I'm teaming up with a friend/neighbor for a photography class coming up next month, once the Holidays excitement subsides. lol
Adina, we spent Holidays with family and loved ones, and so very grateful of all the blessings. I love the way you celebrate yours with dances and music!
DM, the sunrise picture captured over the rooftop is very nice. I saw a beautiful sunrise while in a moving vehicle on Dec. 31st morning, and missed out on making a lovely photo. Though, I had a though; what if I can move to a house that facing East instead of West where I can readily capture sunset pics. only.
Jean, some of my friends spent the Holiday in New Orleans; they said that the weather there is a little warmer than here at home. And I've forsythia blooming, and Daffodils blooming here too, so how warm can you get there? Strange weather! Though, I'm not complaining. More and more, I see living on zone 9 and above is very appealing idea where I can enjoy gardening year round.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

January 6, 2013
11:21 AM

Post #9377237

Happy New Year to you all.

Glad you got to spend the holidays with Nicholas, Adina.

Wow, DM...that is a LEMON yellow sunrise...nice catch that.

Kim, we are having roller coaster weather...will be in the low 70's one day, wake up and the high barely breaks 50 after a light freeze. I laugh and tell folks that I live in the Gateway to year round gardening...unfortunately, we can't close the gate to keep it warm year round. It was 40 and raining this morning and the wind was like a knife...weather man said to expect warmer temps moving in Monday night. We have had a couple nights, where the low for the night was higher than the high for that day. My dormant daylilies have died back and are starting to sprout out again...we are all confused...Christmas eve we dined on the patio in shirt sleeves...by Wednesday we had frost...So, if you decide to seek a warmer zone...go for at least 9B or higher...grin

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
12:22 PM

Post #9377297

...whoa! A warmer zone at least 9B or higher? Let's me check with Margaret's zone. lol

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

January 6, 2013
12:42 PM

Post #9377319

Just a little south east of you...down around Tampa Florida or southwest to the southern most part of Louisiana would get ya there. Right now, ya wouldn't want to be in parts of Australia...my friend in Barmera posted that the temp there Thursday/ Friday was 48.6C...which converts to 118.5 degrees Fahrenheit...I don't want to be that warm either...My daughter who lives in Brisbane says they are expecting temps around 100 the first part of the week...she would be in the equivalent of zone 10b.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 6, 2013
4:50 PM

Post #9377581

Happy New Year everyone!

What a fun outing that looks, Adina. Nicholas is growing so fast.

DMersh, that sure is a golden sunrise. Love the chimneys.

Kim, it's difficult to give an exact equivalent to your US hardiness zones and that is because generally, Australia's winters are so mild. However, I think Perth would fall into the zone 10.5 equivalent, but saying that, when you see areas in Arizona and Texas, which have what seems to be endless weeks of temperature in the mid-40's (110+F), then Perth isn't like that. We have heatwaves, where for a week or more it'll be revoltingly hot, and then it will cool down for a few days. But yeah, probably about zone 10.5

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2013
5:33 PM

Post #9377632

Margaret, thank you; visiting Australia definately big on my wish list. Jean, both DH and I agreed that we can deal with hot weather much better than coping with cold winters. But to persuate DH to move? Nah, it isn't in my stars I don't believe. Hope things can change someday. For now, would you believe I spotted Quince in bloom? Whoa, spring will get here before we know it!

Thumbnail by Lily_love

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 23, 2013
7:43 PM

Post #9395497

sunset

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
5:23 AM

Post #9395677

J, lovely photos of sunset. The first one does look cold but peaceful. How much snow have you gotten so far?

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 24, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9395794

Kim glad to know you're taking a class, I'm going to take one in March with the state park close by. I play around with the new camera here and there, read a lot too.

Adina nice to see the family shots, looks like a great time.

Nice sunrise and set shots everybody. Haven't seen very many good sunsets here or sunrises.

I live in 9b and we still get freezing temps here, the lowest we've dipped this year is 35 for a few hours. But we can go all the way down to the low 20's. This year has been exceptionally warm, had at least ten days straight of low 80's. But last two nights dipped just over 40. I'm northeast of Orlando...you still need to go further south to avoid the freezes. But we're much nicer in the summer...gets way too hot down there.

Only sunset I've taken from my backyard a couple weeks ago, pretty streaks of clouds in the sky through my trees.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed         

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 24, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9395827

Only a few inches so far Kim. The temperatures have been cruel, but normal for here. It's 10 now.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9395856

As you can see, I do not do cold well...BRRRR...the camera and I were both shaking...grin. the wind was blowing like crazy, but this is the first colorful sunset we have had in weeks...gonna have to use the tripod for any more cold shots...but the colors were too intense to pass up...

This message was edited Jan 24, 2013 10:04 AM

Thumbnail by themoonhowl

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 24, 2013
11:59 AM

Post #9396224

Hi all! Great pics everyone! It's been a weird weather here too, too warm for this time of year, but it's getting colder starting today. We're expecting rainstorm tonight and snowstorm tomorrow. We've been lucky since now because we're living in the south, but those up north have had a few snowstorms until now and will get worse today.
I haven't been able to take any sunset or sunrise pics as the sun was hidden by the clouds or by the fog lately...or I was too busy to watch the sun in the few days when it was shinning! We had the kids visiting almost every week-end and Nicholas was stuck on me all the time!LOL

Margaret, I was wondering about you when I heard what high temps you've had in Australia, but I'm glad you were OK.

Kim, congrats for the photography classes! You have to teach us now! All those blooms must be awsome!

Janet, crazy weather, isn't it? At least you had a nice sunset.

Sherri, love the strikes!

Posting 2 pics from last week when we had snow and this week when it was all gone. And one with Nicholas eating pizza.

Adina

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
6:04 PM

Post #9396619

Whoa! 10.F. degrees!!! J. What keeps you from moving Southward, just kidding? Brrrr is right Jean. I go out dressing up like eskimos in 50'ish degrees weather down here. Sherri, the cloud streaks are surely beautiful, guys thanks for your well wishes, but I haven't started the photography class yet. Adina, Nicholas is such a handsome boy! Margaret, if only our weather can be modified a bit; yours a little bit cooler, and ours a little bit warmer, then things will be ideal won't they?

Thumbnail by Lily_love

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 6, 2013
7:07 AM

Post #9410082

Doesn't every child and adult just love pizza. What a cute pie.

I agree on the weather, seemed like winter arrived much later this year. We had some cool days with a bit of morning frost, but looks like we're warming back up again.

moon you are too funny, and brrrrr is so right. I'm cold at 50 degrees.

Sunset progression the other night, and the last photo was where I watched it from.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   

jmorth
Divernon, IL
(Zone 5b)

February 7, 2013
7:36 AM

Post #9411042

Looks comfortable.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2013
7:50 AM

Post #9411049

What a lovely way to watch the sun set. Rain and more rain here...at least for the next 6 or 7 days.

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9411058

Very nice indeed! J I'll send you a dmail on Spring's project--on Gloriosa lilies...
Adina, your winter seems to be a milder one compared to last year? Nicholas is such a big boy, it's a pleasure seeing his pics. Sherri, what's little winter us Southerners have got thus far, I hope that's all there is to it. I'm so ready for spring. Love that little firepit.
Waving hi to Margaret, Jean and DMersh from the UK.

I haven't any pics. of sunrise/set lately. Those among us who have good ones, please initiate a new thread? Yes, you're volunteered, and thank you. ^_^

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9411089

Hi Kim.

I made us a new place to gab and post pics.. Sunrise and sunset #12

This is where we have moved

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297363/
bernieh
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 11)

February 8, 2013
4:35 PM

Post #9412467

Just a couple of sunset shots I took last week here in my corner of north-eastern Australia.

Thumbnail by bernieh   Thumbnail by bernieh   Thumbnail by bernieh      

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9412918

Those are cool BernieH...this thread has gotten too long, so please come join us on the new thread..This is the link.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1297363/

Moon

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Photos Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the photo forum! dave 34 May 3, 2013 10:18 AM
My tractor and I, Part II dave 52 Sep 27, 2009 7:18 PM
Spring Spring! and my bowling ball! nicole_in_nc 6 Apr 21, 2010 3:35 PM
Riesentraube tomatoes dave 4 Feb 9, 2008 3:25 AM
It's a Bird...It's a Plane....It's Superdave! gardenwife 27 Nov 18, 2007 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America