Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cameras and Photography: Does any one know anything about fixing cameras?

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 4, Views: 48
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
texaslady62
DISH, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2012
3:54 AM

Post #9219041

I have a kodak easy share camera.Last weekend was my Grandson's b-day party and I was taking pics. I sat the camera on the table briefly, but before I could even blink, my precious Granddaughter, who was playing in the sand, picked the camera up with sandy, wet, hands. She had gotten sand in the lens and the shutter will not operate now. I can't get the camera to even stay on. I tried to blow it out with air, but it did not work.
Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
Lori
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

July 26, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #9219108

How much is it worth? I'd give up, sell it for parts on eBay and get a newer better camera.
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 26, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9219236

Yeah, like a 50D or 60D...LOLOL

P_Edens

P_Edens
Willis, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 27, 2012
3:23 AM

Post #9220120

Sounds like the water fried the electronics. Whenever water hits something electronic (cell phone, camera, etc.), the first thing to do is pull out the battery to minimize the possibility of a short. Never try to turn it on until it is completely dried out. One way I've seen to dry out electronics is to put them in a bowl covered with rice. Rice is a fairly good desiccant, but there are better ones - silica gel, or even some types of kitty litter.

You can try pulling out the battery and card and putting it in a bowl of rice (or kitty litter) for a couple of days, but I suspect it is done for.

My DH dropped our Kodak P&S camera when we were kayaking. We pulled the battery and did everything we were supposed to do, but it still didn't work. Amazingly, Kodak fixed it. They even knew it had been dunked which invalidated the warranty, but they fixed it anyway. It might be worth a phone call to them.

Good luck!

Patti
texaslady62
DISH, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 28, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9221207

That is what I was afraid of. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Unfortunatly, I am not real gifted at photography. Before digital, I was always the one who took the pics, that cut off heads, double exposures,(although some d e s turned out pretty cool looking). I bought the camera at Big Lots so it didn't cost a whole lot.
Thanks again for all the input.

Lori

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America