-
AuthorContent
PhyllisJ
Johnson City, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 26, 2012
7:17 PM

Post #9219929

A little over 2 weeks ago, I picked about 1.5 bushel of beans from my plants. All the beans were on the bottom of the plants. Some were getting tough before they filled out. We had not had rain for almost 3 months. We were watering twice a week from the lake. Since that time we have had rain every day. I see alot of blooms but no beans. The plants look very healthy except I notice today that it looks like squash bugs are getting on them.

Do you think they will still form beans and has anyone been successful with neem oil sprayed on them for the squash bugs? I used the Neem oil mixed with a teaspoon of Murphys Soap for the first time on my egg plant and have seen a hugh difference.

I am in zone 6. How do I get my zone to show up under my name like others have it?
Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Thumbnail by PhyllisJ
Click the image for an enlarged view.

NicoleC

NicoleC
Madison, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 27, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9220150

Phyllis, I can't answer your question about the beans, but your zone is showing up under your name just fine.
PhyllisJ
Johnson City, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 28, 2012
12:23 AM

Post #9221107

Hey, the zone is there now...I went in and noticed the zone said uic something and changed it. I guess that didi the trick.
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 30, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9223757

Phyllis, your bean plants look great to me. I don't see any sign of bug damage; have never even noticed squash bugs on bean plants before so perhaps they are just in the neighborhood because it looks like you have a row of squash growing next to your bean row.

And yes, you have plenty of time to get more beans from your plants. Do you remember the variety name?

Shoe
PhyllisJ
Johnson City, TN
(Zone 6b)

July 30, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9224215

Horseshoe
Thanks for your reply. I just know the beans are half runners. I do have cushaw squash planted below the beans. I have plenty of blooms. Maybe I just need to be patient. The lower came on so quick and nothing on the rest of the vines is what worried me. Perhaps all the rainy weather?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America