A well...

CREZIERES, France(Zone 8a)

I have a well - it is 20 meters deep and the last 5 meters are full of water...
A few years ago I tried to buy a pump to allow me to use the well water for irrigation... it was a magnetic submersible electric pump of Russian construction.
I allowed my neighbour to use it and he left it on overnight, the well water dried up and the pump ceased to function. I sent it back to the seller (I am in France) and he agreed to repair it... but it only worked for a few hours then stopped. The seller said that one cannot use the pump to provide continuous pressure for a sprinkler or the like... only to allow the water to gush out wherever the end of the hose happens to be.

So... my question is... does there exist a type of pump that can raise water 15 - 20 meters and provide continuous water pressure? (Since I am in France, I want the type of pump, not the brand/manufacturer).

Mike

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!