Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Sewing and Quilting: Portland International quilt expo September. Anyone going?

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 7, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

July 31, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9225344

http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com/ Any of you planning on attending this event? I've never gone but it sounds like it would be heavenly! An added bonus would be meeting up with any of my sewing DG friends. There is a "small event" down the road from me coming up. Maybe I should cut my baby teeth on it and see if I can survive the walking for a big event ... it's been a long time since I even THOUGHT of going to something like this.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
4:03 AM

Post #9225674

Pat - if it wasn't on the other side of the country, I'd consider it. I am going to "work/volunteer" at the JAX quilt show this year.
I think you should go. Most have chairs scattered about and the Vendors have chairs they rarely sit in.

Go!!!!!

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9225820

I thought about "work/volunteer". We'll see, I just REALLY don't want to go alone and I'm not sure I can find another quilting addict to go with me and share the expenses.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 1, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9225886

I usually go to these events alone & just "find" people along the way to talk with.

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 1, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9226284

Sounds wonderful Pat. If not another quilter, maybe a friend who would be fun to spend a day with. I always enjoyed looking at quilts even before I was interested in making them. Plus I'm seeing quite a few things in the video that would be of general interest, crafty things.

This message was edited Aug 1, 2012 5:30 PM

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 1, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9226486

I can always find someone to talk to, that is not a problem for me! LOL... it would just be so much more fun with a buddy to share the room etc.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 2, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9226814

When I go with friends I tend to lose them somewhere anyway!!! We always establish a time & place to meet up.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

August 2, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9226953

Yes. and this would be a 5 hour drive for me plus the cost of a motel. I don't want to "waste" 10 hours of travel without a good friend to talk to!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America