-
AuthorContent
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9226104

But, a different plant is in it now..lol The Pilea and the fern, (the Polka Dot 'Splash' had succumbed a long time ago) got too big and didn't look right.
It is now a Carpet Sedum's turn. You learn quite a bit the first time you do a terrarium. I learned you can't have it airtight all the time, the roots will rot and the plant will die. The Pilea started to die until I realized that the top needs to be left open or the lid cracked, so air can get in and dry things out. The water tends to just sit in there and the inside of the jar gets all clouded up from the moisture. I'm going at it different now. I need to find panty hose or something to put over the top with a rubber band. I need to keep that lid close and undamaged because this jar is like a relic. And besides, I'd be in big trouble if something happened to the jar or the lid.
Here is the jar today, this was right before I brought it in the house.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Terrarium Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How to start? LittleHippyGirl 3 Apr 9, 2007 7:08 AM
Terrarium Links begoniacrazii 42 Jun 21, 2007 2:52 PM
My new terrarium Plantcrazii 13 May 7, 2007 1:55 PM
Here is my terrarium Plantcrazii 37 May 6, 2007 6:00 PM
My new dart frogs/vivarium! clarkranch 14 Oct 31, 2007 8:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America