Photo by Melody

Tomatoes & Peppers: Sugar Lump / Tomato?

Communities > Forums > Tomatoes & Peppers
Forum: Tomatoes & PeppersReplies: 2, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks

Anderson, IN
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9226298

Have any of you ever grown this? The product seed is from totally tomatoes I believe.
Salem, NY
(Zone 4b)

August 2, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9227297

Yes I've grown it, and the real name is Gardener's Delight. I think TT lists both names, which is wrong b'c GD is the same as Sugar Lump.

It's a German commercial variety, is NOT sugar lump sweet, but has a very good taste and is grown by many.

See the many names that Gardener's Delight has been called and then scroll down to the seed sources to see how many places offer seed, which tells you it's a popular variety.

I have other red cherries I like as well, but GD is a good one to start with IMO.

Carmel, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 3, 2012
9:10 AM

Post #9228157

I have grown the Gardener's Delight and it was - this gardener's delight.

Caroly - your namesake is driving me crazy! Dr. C Pink is taking her darned sweet time giving me a ripe tomato. No matter how long and hard I stare at her, she just sits there and stares back, green as green can be!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tomatoes & Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blossom End Rot tiG 35 Jun 15, 2015 12:18 PM
TOMATOES ARE SPLITTING oblambert 31 Sep 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Principe Borghese/Juliet in containers? shane478 7 Feb 19, 2009 4:20 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America