Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

August 1, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9226585

If you have something to share with others list it here. Again the date is Sept. 22nd. at Jim's.

Thumbnail by obbirds
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9226601

Right now I have goji berry rooted runners to give and I have quite a few lilies of diff varieties , such as orientals , asiatic and orientrump don't know the names or colors. Their all in large pots and I'll dig and bring the bulbs if anybody wants any. I will have to cut off all the green on them though. Their pretty big right now.
I also have these things I can share:

Dragon tails pinella this is no longer variegated though.
Pineapple lily bulbs, different shaded colored leaves, maroon and green, I have not enough sun to make them bloom any more. will dig the bulbs and bring them if anybody wants them.
Can root or bring cuttings off the red or purple fire spike
can root or bring cuttings off about 9 diff varieties of sedum.
variegated solomon seal
I also have a few of the californea ee's

Sandra: jacob's cline monarda
Mariyn: sedum rooted cuttings, monarda if I have enough.
Genna: lilies, georgia peach brugmansia
Trish Lilies and pineapple lilies, brugmansia Georgia peach
Charlotte, heart of the jungle elephant ear.
Marilyn, heart of the jungle ee.
Kim, california
Zinnia seeds.
I'll add things daily here.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2012 7:20 AM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2012 7:17 AM

This message was edited Aug 18, 2012 5:34 PM

This message was edited Aug 26, 2012 10:00 AM

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 1:43 PM

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 9:05 PM

This message was edited Sep 14, 2012 2:34 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 4:52 AM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9226611

Just saving my spot.

1 clerodendrum bungei (also known as Rose Glory Bower, Mexican Hydrangea) already growing in a pot. It can be invasive but I have a nice bunch growing in a large pot to keep it from spreading and it is very pretty.

2 pink hardy begonias

1 salvia/sage (not sure which - came from Pine Ridge and I've forgotten what it is) The bloom looks a lot like hot lips but a totally different type foliage. Has a woody stem and the plant stays green year round. I accidentally broke a piece off early this summer and rooted it - so only one is available

1 anemone

1 small hosta
Y
Tall mexican petunia

I have a pretty begonia with pink flowers that cascades - this is not hardy outside - can bring a couple of cuttings

Hardy EE that will spread

1 White ginger

1 Confederate Jasmine

2 maybe 3 NOID brugs in pots

What I've promised
1 pot of hot lips (to be shared between Marilyn and Elaine)
1 white ginger (Trish) (actually bringing you 2)
Elena EE kathy ann
Salvia/sage marilyn
Hardy begonias Kim
Small hosta marilyn
Persian shield trish and friend
Japanese iris - Sandra

What I've requested
1 heart of the Jungle EE - Kathy Ann

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 4:35 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 5:18 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 9:32 PM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9226626

To Give:

Leatherleaf Fern (1)
Ajuga with pink bloom (1)
Red Dragon--Trish--potted
Kim's Hybrid EE
Peacock Fern--Marilyn, Trish--potted

Would Like:
Sandra--Daff and Glad Bulb
Trish--Fern
Charlotte--Hardy Begonia

This message was edited Aug 30, 2012 3:06 PM

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 7:37 PM
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 2, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #9226861

Ok saving me a spot also, and going to see what I can pot up but its been sooo dry things are suffering.

5 Crinum Milk and wine(white with pink stripe)
5 Brugmansia(Angel Trumpet) NOID could either be Yellow(NOID) or Pink(Isabella)
2-3 St Josephs lilly
canna pretoria
fern noid tall & feathery
woodland phlox pink 2-3 ft tall
to be continued...

Looking For

Black EE (not illustris)
Daylilies
Hostas
shorter variety canna or darker/ variegated foliage tall cannas
Jap/La Iris actually any iris TB BB MB

OK here is a list of what I have you all down for, if I missed something you asked for plz let me know

Sandra...
zinnia white
fern

Marilyn...
zinnia
coneflowers
St Joseph lily (dug)
cannas (Dug)
fern
Woodland phlox (dug)

Gen...

zinnias
woodland phlox (dug)
fern
ginger
mexican petunia
illustris (dug)
coneflower (dug)
dl's
rosy returns (dug)
red mittens (dug)
gentle rose
bayou bride
beebalm (dug)
Brug Isabella (potted)

KathyAnn
zinnia seeds
ginger

Kim
fern

Elainne
woodland phlox (dug)
zinnia seeds

This message was edited Aug 8, 2012 8:05 AM

This message was edited Aug 19, 2012 8:05 AM

This message was edited Sep 16, 2012 7:39 AM

This message was edited Sep 16, 2012 1:45 PM
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 2, 2012
7:49 AM

Post #9226977

Save me a spot. Planning to come and already looking to see what I can pot up. Hope it's not to hard and dry to dig. I may have to start now while we do have some rain to keep things moist. Should we post what kind of things we're looking for?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 2, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #9227582

Yes, Elaine, post things you are looking for, I need to get rid of some things, Ihave too much to survive, the grass is killing things.
tryliv
Booneville, MS

August 9, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9235330

I'm not going to be able to post a list since I'm not sure how much digging I will be able to do. I am laid up right now with a sprained ankle, torn ligament and having trouble with my achilles. On crutches.
I wish I could bring a bunch. I have another big bed I am doing away with this fall plus I am cleaning out many of the the others beds to streamline them. If I can get to that I will bring some of the big things that I know people will want.
If you know of something I have in particular that you want, let me know and I will get it dug.

Terrye

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 9, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9235476

How did you hurt yourself?
tryliv
Booneville, MS

August 9, 2012
12:28 PM

Post #9235816

Fell down the deck stairs with my ankle turned back under me. Lucky I didn't break it.
One of my coworkers asked me was I starting a new Olympics event. I told him yes and I had stuck my landing!

Terrye

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 9, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9235862

Oh Terry, that sounds very painful, are you working on crutches?
tryliv
Booneville, MS

August 10, 2012
4:53 AM

Post #9236440

Not working at the hospital right now. I am working from home. I can't get around well enough yet. I hope to go back next week though.

Terrye
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #9237894

Hope you get back to normal soon Terrye. take if easy if you can.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 11, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9238502

Aww so sorry, Terrye. Hurry and get well so you can join us!! Otherwise, we will all show up at your house! :-)
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9238734

Terrye, so sorry about your ankle. Get it healed and hope you will be at the RU!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #9238750

Terrrye hope you get that ankle well soon!!
tryliv
Booneville, MS

August 12, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #9238865

Thanks, everybody! I'll be there . it is much better.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 12, 2012
10:51 AM

Post #9238927

Saving a spot---just in case. . .

Sorry about your accident, Terrye! Get well soon!

Well, I just talked to Al and he said he would like to come to the RU, so it is official--we will be there! :o)

This is my list of things I will bring:

No ID iris: Trish and her friend,Cindy. Elaine, too. I will probably have extras, too

No ID daylilies: Trish and her friend, Cindy Also will have extras.

Moonflower (datura) seed pods: Genna? There will be extras

Hibiscus seed pods--deep rose color:

Calla Lilies: Cindy.. I will have extras of these, as well.

One Blueberry bush--just rooted.

This is the list of plants I am receiving from others: If your name is here, please check and see if I have everything correct as far as the plants you will be bringing to me. Thanks!

Kathy Ann: Sedum, monarda, Heart of the Jungle EE

Charlotte: Hot Lips Salvia; small hosta

Kim: Peacock fern

Trish: St. Joseph's Lily, Yellow canna, Woodland phlox, pink coneflower, zinnia seeds. Note to Trish--if you have not been able to get out and dig these up because of your leg, please don't worry about it. Just take care of you!

Sandra: purple phlox, dwarf fountain grass

Charlotte: Hot Lips Salvia

Elaine: Autumn Joy sedum, Echinacea Rubinstern, canna and maybe penstemon and clematis, if available.

Genna: Peppermint Schnapps Hibiscus and Indigo Spires Salvia

This message was edited Sep 16, 2012 2:48 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9238979

I have some goji berry rooted runners i can dig and pot if anybody wants some, but just an fyi it takes 3 to 5 years for these to produce berries, there are also conflicting stories on weather or not they need the pollenator plant to get fruit, I have the pollenator but it's not producing runners, and i'm not getting berries yet either, my plants are 3 years old this year. so with all that in mind if you still want some I can dig for you . ;0) I have to clear them out anyway, their getting too close to my blueberry bushes, and seems they like to put off runners, 3 feet away from the plant for some reason. I'll look around to see what else I have out there, I lost alot this year. I just know I have the goji berries because I saw them when I was watering them the other day.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 13, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9240374

I just added a couple things in my offer list. Go look and see. I'd like to clear the lilies out as I have no full sun gardens to grow them in and their in large pots now.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 13, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #9240438

Marilyn, I don't think I have any of the white, which is the David Phlox, I almost lost all of it, but I have plenty of purple if you want some of it, I will also bring you hot lips

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 13, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9240479

Sandra I have a big pot of Hot Lips that I rooted and I'll bring it. I cut mine back this summer and stuck a bunch of the clippings in a pot and they all lived. Just thought that might save you from having to dig it. It's actually enough that a couple of people could divide it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 13, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9240481

Ok, Charlotte, that's great !
gen2026
Camden, AR

August 14, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9241088

I have a few hot lips started too that seem to be doing well, so there should be plenty of those! :) I had started mine for Marilyn and Crissy before the last get together at Kim's but they were not established enough to bring then. I had several other things doing well too but Leigh missed some pots while I was gone to Dallas and that 106+ temps did some of them in quickly!! I hope to get out this next weekend once we get the kids moved in and see what else I might can root.

I have lost all my monardas, my phlox (except I still have the purple from Sandra) and so if anyone has any of those to share, I would love to have some. KA, I will gladly take Lilies too because I have PLENTY of sun!! :) Sandra, I would even love another start of the purple if you have plenty... I love it but it doesn't seem to increase much...I guess the mulch keeps it from doing so. I thought I could put a start in a different bed.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 14, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9241303

Ok, Gen !
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 14, 2012
5:50 PM

Post #9241719

I will unpot them all before the RU and bring them all up there. there's plenty of them to go around. some came from the back bed that I stuck in a huge pot, I just never did plant them because I don't have alot of full sun left in my gardens.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 14, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9241721

Kathy Ann, any Japanese Iris left, I have just about lost all of mine ! I don't know why they are so hard for me and grow like weeds for you!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 14, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9241731

Here are a few things I can bring if anyone is interested

purple tall phlox
pineapple mint
dwarf fountain grass
sea oats grass
some mini daylilies, these are named, but names are not attached--I had to dig my whole mini bed up to get the grass out of it, and had a few left over when I replanted. I know I had Apricot Sparkles, Rosy Returns, When my Sweetheart Returns in there and a few more-but I did not even try to keep them separated, the zoysia grass was so bad, I had to seperate all the clumps to get all the roots out of the plants. Threw them all in a bucket.
Bulbs from a hardy glad-I call them apricot color
a few bulbs from the peruvian daffodil
ivy, variegated and solid color

So far on my list to bring
Genna --- purple tall phlox. Glad bulbs--daylilies
Marilyn --- purple tall phlox--dwarf fountain grass
Elaine--daylilies
Kim--hardy glad, daffodil
Trish--glad fountain. Grass, daylilies

This message was edited Aug 15, 2012 10:08 AM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2012 12:02 PM

This message was edited Aug 18, 2012 8:15 PM
gen2026
Camden, AR

August 15, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9242060

Sandra, you know I will always take daylilies...and I would love to try a start of the hardy glad...
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 15, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9242115

Sandra, I would love some of the purple phlox! Thanks. and the fountain grass, too, if you have enough.

Thanks, Charlotte, for bringing the Hot Lips.
Sarah_Claire
Little Rock, AR

August 15, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9242428

OK, my garden isn't that big or great yet, but I do have a tropical bleeding heart (clerodendrum) I will try to root and pot up to bring.
You do have to overwinter it, and it looks like dried sticks sitting in your garage, but in the spring it leafs out and has the most lovely white and dark red blooms. It's mostly a shade plant too.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 15, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9242493

I don't. Sorry Sandra. My huge clumps are reduced to just a sliver of a plant now. Water as much as I can and it's still not helping them. I don't think they like the part shade either.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9242593

I would love to have some of that Hot Lips salvia if someone hasn't claimed all of it yet!

I haven't compiled my whole list and am not at home right now but I know I will have a few daylilies to divide, some Autumn Joy sedum, purple coneflowers, blackeyed susan, and a white Penstemon that has a deep green and reddish leaf. I forget what else I have to divide, but know I can bring cleome seeds if anyone wants them.

Elaine

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 15, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9242690

That's the way mine are too, just barely showing a blade or two. We may just have to let the northern folks grow those and be happy with our tall bearded !

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 15, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9242746

Elaine the pot of hot lips I have is enough for two people to share. You and Marilyn can share it. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I have time to dig anything. I'm like you all a lot of my stuff is just not as healthy as it usually is this time of year.
Some things I do know I will be able to bring are: white ginger, two different kinds of aguga, cloredendum (sp) bungii. The clorendendum can be invasive. I have a big clump in a pot and it does not spread that way. Do have some more that is not in a pot and it is spreading but is in an area that I don't mind it spreading. Will have to look around later.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 16, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9244013

Elaine, I would love to have a start of the Autumn Joy sedum. Kathy Ann had given me some a few years ago and I took some of it with me to Harrison, but unfortunately I didn't get any dug to bring with me to Missouri. Also, I would like a start of the purple coneflower, too. Thanks!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 16, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9244042

I forgot, that I also have a few of the Iris, that is short, I think it is the crested iris, it has a small purple bloom
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 16, 2012
6:01 PM

Post #9244083

I haven't thought of this before , untill i saw your post about the sedum marilyn, but I hav etime to root you cuttings of quite a few different sedums if you want them. just let me know.

I also have some pineapple lily bulbs that I cannot keep growing , they need sun to bloom, i'm not putting in another flower garden EVER! My yard looks like crap. lol check my trade list periodically, I'll be adding things as I think of them.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 16, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9244130

I would like some Jacob Cline bee balm if anyone has any to share

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 16, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9244135

Sandra I don't have Jacob Cline but I do have Raspberry Wine. However it looks pitiful. One patch looks like it does when it first starts coming up and another patch just came up and sort of lost most of it's leaves. I had very few blooms and it normally blooms like crazy, I don't know what the problem is this year with blooms. It's not because of lack of water. My water bill was $300 last month! I'm rethinking some of the tropicals I've been carrying over. I've had very few blooms on my tropical hibiscus. Some are starting to bloom now but not that many blooms. Some don't have any buds at all and they are in full sun. Not worth the effort of saving them. Think I'm just going to overwinter my Cajun hibiscus and buy new hibiscus next year.. I've had hibiscus every year for over 25 years and this has been the worst year ever for them!!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2012
3:58 AM

Post #9244310

Sandra, may I have a hardy glad bulb and daffodil bulb...unless already spoken for. Thanks
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9244355

I have some jacob's cline in a wash tub, looks like it's spread enough, I will check after this weekend is over for you.

I also can root some fire spike the red and purple variety if anybody wants me to root some, I'll have to cut it way back to bring it in to the plant room .

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9244357

I also have fire spike I can root.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 17, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9244359

Sandra, i have a little i can divide of the jacob's cline, i gave some to my neighbor a while back and it's just now starting to spread, small plant, but I can bring some for you, also if you can get some from two people that would help yours grow faster. I'll put you down for some

I also have 3 rooted cuttings of stictocardia, (hawaiian bell's vine) it's not hardy but it is beautiful if anybody want s one, they will have to over winter it though. I am also going to try to root some sedum cuttings, have about 9 varieties if anybody wants some, every kind but autumn joy lol
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9244548

Kathy Ann, I would love some of the sedum--whatever you can spare--I don't want to be greedy. Also, I love the Jacob's Cline monarda, would appreciate a start if you have enough to go around. That was one of my favorite plants in my garden in Cabot! I just love the bloom on it!

I have some hibiscus seed pods I will bring. Our hardy hibiscus did really good this year--it must be really hardy to have survived this summer, although we did water it. Here is a photo:

Thumbnail by marsue

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 17, 2012
10:11 PM

Post #9245297

Marilyn I have some yellow cannas that are knee high and canna pretoria I will look to see how much some of the others have multiplied tomorrow..

Kathy Ann I would love to have some lilies and pineapple lilies, and a few different sedums if thats ok.

Sandra i would love some daylilies, dwarf fountain grass and hardy glad If you have extra..

I would love to have cuttings of monarda firespike if available..

Charlotte I would love to have some white ginger

I also have this fern(no idea what it is) but it gets fairly tall 3-4 feet fills in an area really nicely..
I also can root cuttings from Rose of sharon minerva and bluebird if someone wants those..I will get out in the next few days see what else is out there..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000   Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000   Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000   Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000   Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Click an image for an enlarged view.

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 17, 2012
10:42 PM

Post #9245317

I will show you all wha I did to my leg acting crazy on my sons dirt bike.. This happened 3 weeks ago and it was swelled my calf up as large as a volleyball but now is about size of baseball..It was so sore i could hardly walk for 2 weeks in fact just yesterday was I able to stand without feeling like it was going to explode. I am thankful the good Lord sent us a few rains otherwise there would probably be nothing left alive in my yard because I sure couldnt get out thre and drag waterhoses.. Im on my second round of antibiotics.. Sigh no more dirt bikes for me I will stick to the 4 wheeler from here out lol..Ive been up on it alot today and its swollen above and below the injury, tomorrow wont be any better have to get school shopping done before Monday..

Haha so if anyone wants to swap lower legs im willing..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #9245481

OUCH! How did you get the injury...I know on a dirt bike, but how? I will take a little of the fern, Trish.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 18, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9245806

Wow, Trish, that looks awful--and painful! Get better soon! The canna is lovely and I could also take a start of that fern if you have enough to go around. Thanks!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9245913

I have you guys down, maybe by the time the RU comes around, it will multiply alot more for me. so i can get you two larger pieces of the monarda jacob's cline,
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

August 18, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9246005

Hi, we may not get a lot in pots like last year. If there is plenty of something and you want it we can dig it.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 18, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9246046

Trish, I meant to say earlier, I hope your leg heals up soon, that looks real bad, I can't believe it looked worse and more swollen, did you cut it ? or jab something into your leg?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 19, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9246402

Hi guys, What happened with dirt bike I wwas making my first round around my sons track(my first time on bike incidently) was doing ok in the straight away but when i tried to go around the curve I let the bike slip out from under me. I didnt fall managed to stay on my feet but the bike fell to the left and the foot pegs( metal monsters with teeth)managed to grab my Rt leg..The lil one at the front did most damage.The back of my leg had 5 perfect scratches and the front had 4 scratches but it swelled immediately. It barely bleed, but i came in and iced it down for the rest of the day except when I went to church that night. I wrapped it tightly with an ace baandage but the swelling was already there.The first week I didnt go to Dr but it got infected. It feels much better but its still swollen and ugly..I managed t hobble around the mall and get school clothes for the boys yesterday, but it still swells from knee to foot if im up on it to long..The boys call me Ms Kneivil ha...Hard for me to believe the summer is over and school time is here again..I have one starting college and one in 11th grade.

I have enough of the fern to go around so I have those requested down for some..
Ms Marilyn I have you down for the cannas.

I also have a pink woodland phlox blooms in spring 2-3 ft tall really pretty if anyone wants a start of those..I will find a picture(hopefully not very organised with pictures on my computer) when i get in from church today so you can see it..It does wonderful in shaded areas, tho mine gets a lil sun...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 19, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9246410

Hope your leg gets better soon Trish!! My dirt bike incident when my son was young was not as bad as yours. I was against him having one and got over ruled! They had me get on it and ride to see how safe it was. I knew how to drive a standard shift but didn't know you didn't give a bike much gas as you let out on the clutch. Drove straight into a chain link fence with enough force to totally wrap the fence around the tire. I fortunately was not hurt at all and the bike was not damaged - just the fence! I rode it around the yard and that was my one and only time to ride a bike!!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 19, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9246870

This is the woodland phlox if anyone wants some..

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 20, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #9247360

That is lovely, Trish. I would like a start if you are able to get some dug. However, you should concentrate on getting that leg well and not worry about digging up plants. Take care of yourself first!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9247428

I love the woodland phlox, Trish. I'd like some too if you have extra, but do get that leg well first!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 20, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9248452

Sandra I have some short purple/dark blue Japanese iris I can bring you if you want some of them.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2012
4:20 AM

Post #9248581

I took cuttings off my Georgia peach brugmansia a couple days ago to help it bush out more these are nice cuttings. I got them rooting now. All tip cuttings. Let me know if you want one.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9248688

If anyone wants some verbena (deep purple), I can try to root some before the swap. Mine has spread like crazy and looks really good the past couple of years.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 21, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9249579

Thanks, Charlotte, I would love it!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2012
9:45 PM

Post #9249635

Sandra I'll bring the purple Japanese iris.

I'll try to list a few things later but just don't have time right now. I just got home today. Left at 8 this morning - ran by the house for about an hour around 4 and then just now getting home at 11:30 pm. Going to be that way for the rest of the week and have a busy week scheduled for next week.
gen2026
Camden, AR

August 22, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9250354

Trish, I would love some of the woodland phlox and the fern. I am TRYING to plant a few things and develop a shade garden. I have a really hard time getting things planted in among all the tree roots though... do ya'll have a secret for that??

WOuld love some of any monardas if anyone has any extras. I lost all of mine last summer.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 22, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9250448

Genna don't try to dig a hole just dig a little indention sit the plant in it and then put dirt (good dirt) around the plant up to the top of plant line. Mulch really good with ground up leaves (just use your lawn mower to chop them up).
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 22, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9250573

You all might want to check out Trish's FB page. She posted today that she is in the hospital and she also posted a picture of her leg. It looks terrible. It must be really infected for her to have to be hospitalized.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 22, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #9250607

I hadn't caught that she was in the hospital! I did she a picture of her leg and it looks horrible! Seemed that it was taking a long time for it to heal.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 23, 2012
4:56 AM

Post #9250896

I saw her posting on fb, I asked if her leg was the reason she was in there, I don't think she's replied back yet, her leg does look aweful infected. Hope it clears up soon.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 23, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9251234

I posted a few things (very few) up above that I have to give...
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 23, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9251697

Kim, I would like some of each of your ferns that you posted above. We have lots of trees here so there are plenty if places I can put them. If you think they will make it through the winter in my zone (6b), that is.

edited to add:
Well, now I don't know what zone I am in. "They" had me in zone 6b when I lived in Harrison. Now the USDA zone map has me in zone 7a which is the same zone I was in when I lived in Cabot. "They" must have changed their maps and zones. :o(

This message was edited Aug 23, 2012 8:53 PM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9252993

Marilyn, you are welcome to both, however, I don't think the leatherleaf fern will survive. You let me know...
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 25, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9253391

Kim, don't worry about bringing the leatherleaf fern to me. I better not risk it since I'm not sure it will survive a winter up here.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

August 26, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9254179

Hi guys, I hope my leg gets better soon. They went in and lanced the big knot on side of my leg and of course it was full of old blood. They did it at bed side and didnt put me to sleep or give me anything except an injection in that area to numb it so when he cut I couldnt feel it.. He squeezed and poked and pulled out all I could stand. left the incision open to drain and heal from inside out.. Most of the redness has disappeared(IV antibiotics) but theres still quiet a swollen area tho not as bad as before. The surgeon said he thinks my body will absorb what left in the wound but will reevaluate it next week..i think it would have been better to sedate me and clean it out properly, but I dont think he thought it was as bad as it was till he got it opened up..Anyway it does feel better and can walk with out to much pain today if I dont stay up on it to long it doesnt hurt much anymore.. the Lord has blessed several times in the last 3 weeks with a rain so that kept me out of the yard dragging water hoses, you know I was gonna do it regardless of how much it hurt lol...Hopefully im on the med now and can go back to digging soon...

I have plenty of starts on the woodland phlox and the fern so I can bring it to who ever wants it when I get a lil better(to bad that isnt today because we got a really nice rain yesterday and I know the ground is soft and its calling my name)

Kathy I would love to have cutting of that brug..

Kim id love to have some red dragon and peacock fern plz..

I may be bringing a friend with me so I dont have so far to travel alone(DH doesnt like that idea of me on highway alone) I dont know if he thinks im in danger or that im a danger to others lol) She is my gardening partner We divide whatever we grow with each other that way if it doesnt survive for one of us the other has a backup...Tho hers usually outgrows mine, I have sand and its a job to keep things watered and alive because water just drains away.. She doesnt tend to have that problem. Anyway she is plant nut just like the rest of us...Ok I'm headed to church will talk to you all later..Trish

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9259292

I just posted a list of things above. Let me know if there is anything you want from the list.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 30, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9259320

Charlotte: I would like the salvia/sage if you think it would be hardy in my zone. Also, the hosta, please and the hardy EE--again if you think they will survive the winter in my zone. I think I am pretty much in the same zone as Kathy Ann.
Thanks!
gen2026
Camden, AR

August 30, 2012
12:07 PM

Post #9259465

Terrye, do you possibly have enough time to root me another one of those yellow rose of texas ??? At least I believe that is what it was called...the bush with the little yellow balls on it?? I would love to replace the one that got mowed over... :( I wasn't sure if it would root this time of year.

Genna
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

August 30, 2012
12:59 PM

Post #9259519

Genna could it be a lady banks rose?
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9259532

Charlotte, I would like a pink hardy begonia please.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9259963

Kim will put you down for the hardy begonia.

Marilyn I really don't know the answer. The salvia/sage I've had for about 10 years and have long ago lost the tag. It does not spread from the roots. Like I said it has a woody stem and is more like a small bush. It doesn't get very tall. Don't remember if it is a sage or some form of salvia. Do you see anyone growing EE's around you? This one is hardy for me. I planted some out at Wildwood and it came back but hasn't done very well and we have an irrigation system there - very short and sparse. I find it needs lots of water to grow well. I planted some more at Wildwood this summer in a bog area we are planting and they are doing very well. It's a great one for a pond or bog. I have one in my koi pond and it is HUGE!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 30, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9260029

Marilyn in thinking more about the EE's it would probably be a wasted effort for you to plant them this fall. If you were to try them I would suggest starting them in the spring so they have te to get established before winter. Probably very iffy even at that,

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 31, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9260167

What color bloom does your salvia have? I would say salvia because I don't think sage gets woody ??
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9260261

Charlotte, I'll have to do more checking with other gardeners in this area to see if any of them have any luck with hardy EE's. We are members of the local county garden club but have only been able to attend one of their meetings this summer due to other obligations. I don't have room anywhere inside to overwinter outdoor plants so I would definitely need the kind that is hardy. I'll wait till spring to do anything about the EE's.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9260290

It booms red and looks a lot like the hot lips bloom. But but is a smallwoody bush. The branches break very easily and it stays evergreen for me. The zone chart was revised and lots of us were bumped up a zone. In MG we have been advised to continue landing according to the old zone ma.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9260310

Also the leaf is very narrow (needle like) and has a very pungent woodsy smell. Smells nothing like hot lips and the leaf is totally different.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 31, 2012

Post #9260315

It might be Lady in red

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9260665

Looked up lady in red and that's not it. I need to take a photo. I keep searching but can't find it. It has a very, very narrow leaf. Got my curiosity up now!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9260911

OK here are pictures. As I said it is a woody bush with a strong smell. It does not spread from the roots. Has one main trunk. Cannot be divided by the roots - propagated by cuttings. One picture shows the old woody part that a piece broke off from and I've never gotten around to cutting back. Now who can ID???

Thumbnail by cperdue   Thumbnail by cperdue   Thumbnail by cperdue      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

August 31, 2012

Post #9260936

You all have gotten me researching salvia. Here is Dave's link to hot lips. According to it it's not very cold hardy. Several in colder zones mentioned taking it in during the winter.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/57961/

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 31, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9260945

I have had mine for quite a few years now and it has stayed outside. There are so many different sage, salvia varieties it would probably take an expert to I'd it for you, I am not an expert in anything--lol
Have you looked at the salvia forum, there is an expert there that sells salvia, his name escapes me now, but his web site has lots of salvia with blooms

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

August 31, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9260948

Here is the link to his site, his name is Rich
http://www.worldofsalvias.com/
tryliv
Booneville, MS

September 1, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9261295

Genna, I'll bring you a Yellow Rose of Texas .I won't have to root it. I have plenty I can dig up.

Terrye

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2012
7:23 AM

Post #9261329

I figured out the name of the plant. It's Autumn Sage. I kept thinking I remember something about sage in the name.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1074/
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2012
8:47 AM

Post #9261399

Charlotte, I went to the link you provided and read the comments on the Autumn Sage. One lady in Kansas said it was perennial even with the Kansas winters so I think it would survive in my zone. At any rate, I would like to give it a try if you have some to spare.

Sandra, I love all kinds of salvia. I am going to check out the link you posted and see what the guy has.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2012
9:54 AM

Post #9261458

I only have one. Will put your name on it. Only have it because I accidentally broke a piece off and hated to throw it away. I think your main problem is the time of year you're trying to get it started in.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 1, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9261476

Yes, that is a problem but hopefully they will have time to get somewhat established before it gets too cold.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9261555

I have a couple of 'woody' type salvias also that are cold hardy. At least they keep coming back the last couple of years. They are not 'hot lips' but I can't recall right now the name and we are at the lake. I'll try to look up the tags/names in the next few days when we get home. They are bright red. If they are the type you can take cuttings and root, I can try to root some if anyone wants some. I have one in a pot that I was planning to move to the garden this fall. It's gotten too big for the pot.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 1, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9261638

I saw something at first Monday today I have not see before, a short butterfly bush, the blooms were smaller on it too though, I think it's name was "low and behold". It was cute, but so many things here are dying, I just didn't have the heart to buy anything. I haven't been out to the nurseries much this summer, have any of you seen them? They also had a clerodendrum that was called musical notes, very cute, but figured it was tropical, I had never seen that one either.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 2, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9262389

Sandra, I bought a dwarf this year and it promptly died. I was offered a replacement but declined. I have such a small amount of sun but I just had to try it. It was called Tutti Fruitti.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 2, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9262551

I have a small white butterfly bush uncertain of the name. Its still living but its in a real dry hot space I think I will move it next year to see if helps it grow but the blooms were small and really cute on it...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 2, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9262862

I haven't seen one of those. But then I haven't been to a nursery since we all went back in the spring!! I haven't spent as much time on my garden this summer and it shows it! Been too hot and I've got other projects underway. I'm having to prioritize.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 2, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9262881

I googled the Lo and Behold butterfly bush and came up with this link:
http://www.gardencrossings.com/plantname/Buddleia-Blue-Chip-Lo-and-Behold

This message was edited Sep 2, 2012 9:44 PM

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 2, 2012
9:03 PM

Post #9262948

That is it, isn't it cute!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9263039

Thee is a white butterfly bush
Called profusion white. I use to have one of those. I had that blue chips too. Killed it. :(.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 3, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #9263165

That is really cute! I could really go for one of those! Much easier to maintain and I'll bet it attracts just about as many butterflies once it gets to it's full size.

I haven't been back to a nursery since it got so hot in July either. Too busy and it was too hot to plant anything. I want to re-do some beds so if I get some time this fall, I'll go looking again in a month of so. There is one nursery here that might have it but of course it will probably be next spring before a lot of places will have it.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #9263215

What's the name of the other nursery in the Memphis area besides Dabneys? I told Al I wanted to go there when we come to the RU but I will have to google directions because I was with Charlotte when we went last fall and I did not pay any attention to how we got there.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9263218

By the way, I know that most of you all have iris but if anyone wants any NO ID iris, there is a big bed of them here and they badly need to be divided. Only a few of them bloomed this past spring. Let me know and I will make the effort to get out and dig up some of them.

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
8:03 AM

Post #9263226

There are lots of nurseries in the Memphis area, Marilyn, but I bet you are thinking of Homestead.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 3, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9263241

Yes, homestead is in MS-
Gardens Oyvey, Dan West are some of the others we have been too
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9263338

I have 4 nice pups of the ee heart of the jungle proven winner let me know if u want one. Only have four right now. and I have a large cutting of the plumeria tat broke off in the storm I don't want another plumeria so anybody can have it to root I'd they want. Don't know the color of the bloom. Mine hasn't bloomed yet.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 9:05 PM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9263364

I'll take one of the EE pups. I don't want any more plumeria's either!!! I have two that have gotten to a really nice size. One had some piteful looking blooms (small) on it this year and the other didn't do anything. I have two more small ones. Enough!! Seems it takes them forever to start blooming.

I have a couple of small brugs that I'm bringing. They are NOID.

Also I have a couple of Elena EE pups if anyone wants them. Definitely have to be taken in during the winter. I have mine planted in pots.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 11:36 AM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9263444

I'll put you down for a heart of the jungle, my big one is HUGE I think it's the biggest of all the ee's out there right now. with portadora and hilo bold right behind it.

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 9:04 PM
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 3, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9263626

I checked my salvia and it's 'Navajo Bright Red'. If anyone wants me to try to root cuttings, let me know.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9263678

KA, is the ee that I gave you? I will take the California if no one speaks up.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #9263684

Yes Kim that is the one u gave me. I'll put u down for the California ee
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9263700

Okay, well the name is "Heart of the Jungle." Remember, I must have been huffing fertilizer that day and wrote the wrong name ;o))
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9263767

Elaine, I'll take a cutting of the salvia, please.
Kathy Ann, I would like one of those EE pups. I'll even put it in a pot and bring it in for the winter. :o) I can always put it in Al's man cave--it is heated. LOL Of course, I would really like some winter hardy EE's but don't know if they will survive up here in the Ozarks. Probably anything that survives your winter will survive mine.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9263819

Marilyn, Kathy Ann is a zone or more warmer than you. Here are zone maps for Issabella, Mo and for AR. You are in Zone 6a I believe. Frost dates for you are much earlier and later than the Judsonia area. You are also going to have much more snow. You are more in the Mountain Home area growing zone.

http://letsgrowveggies.com/missouri/65676/frost_dates/

http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #9263832

This gives a better comparison. Same source for each zip code.

http://www.plantmaps.com/65676
http://www.plantmaps.com/72081

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 3, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9263842

I stuck some of my pink salvia today and here is a link to it, I think it is hardy to zone 6
http://www.lowes.com/cd_Lowes Plant Guide_253427968_?url=plant.aspx?code=LGC00464
Terrye gave it to me a few years ago and it has made it through the winter fine here. I have 2 different red salvias already Elaine, or I would want one too, I love salvias, now to see if the "wild thing" will root.

Marilyn, I don't guess you want any tall bearded iris since you have lots now, but do you want a Louisanna iris? I dug and potted you a couple of gaillardia today, not sure what color they will be as they are babies and didn't bloom this summer. I guess you are too far north for any ginger??

Looks like my link didn't work, here is the name to goggle. Salvia greggii. Wild thing

This message was edited Sep 3, 2012 6:50 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9263994

lol, I guess I need to put a tag on it, I get those two names confused, dont' know why I call it queen of the night, rofl. so it's heart of the jungle?

charlotte , do you still want one? I'll go back and change my post to heart of the jungle, thanks for telling me that.

i'll bring you one marilyn, you will need to bring it inside. but the name of it has changed to heart of the jungle lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9263998

marilyn, I'm bringing a bunch of lilies, like oriental trumpet etc... those would be hardy for you too if you want any of those. I'll have plenty.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:13 PM

Post #9264002

Yes I still want one Kathy Ann. Explains why I couldn't find it when I looked it up!!! LOL Elena is a bright lime green one. Do you have that one? Can bring you one if you want it.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9264013

lol, you probably thought, what the heck was she saying lol. I have posted pics of it on fb, I'm glad kim spoke up, I

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9264018

I like that one a lot!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9264023

it's done fantastic for me, one of my biggest ee's out there. and beautiful!! I don't know about it's hardiness though, I think kim might know.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
7:42 PM

Post #9264027

I put mine in the "cave" last year. I think zone 8 and up.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 3, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9264062

Thanks, ladies, for your help and suggestions. I have looked at a couple of different zone maps on the internet and they each had me in a different zone. The links you posted, Charlotte, make much more sense of it all. As I said, I will have some room in Al's man-cave to overwinter a few things but not a whole lot.

Sandra, thanks for the gaillardia. Yes, a Louisiana Iris would be nice, too. :o) but I better not try the ginger.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 3, 2012
8:27 PM

Post #9264075

Well the good thing Marilyn is that while there are a lot of things that we grow that your not going to be able to grow up there, you will be able to grow things that we are not able because it doesn't get cold enough for them here!! You'll get to learn a whole new group of plants.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 4, 2012

Post #9264338

I'll take an er Charlotte

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 4, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9264380

I'll bring you the Elena EE Kathy Ann. It's one of my favorites.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 4, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9264491

I also have Persian Shield that needs to be cut back iff anyone wants some.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

September 4, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9264694

Did we ever decide what time?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 5, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #9265558

If there is a queen of the heart EE left I would like one to if they are gone no worries,
Who ever had salvia(except hot lips) I would love a piece of it if still available..I also would love to have a start of persian shield.. I would like to request a persian shield and salvia if available for my friend Cindy who is coming..Ms Marilyn she will also like some noid irises if you feel up to digging some

Cindy has 3 or 4 orange ginger if someone wants a start of that..Including a picture of it. She also has tall purple mexican petunias

I went back to dr yesterday he scrubbed out all dry tissue, he left the drain in for another 2 days. He applied a compression dressing to force out fluids left around the area so hopefully by the end of the week I will be on the mend.. It is supposed to be cooler outside and I bad need to do some weeding i have ignored the last month..

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 5, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9265561

Here is the mexican petunias if anyone is interested in them...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 5, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9265663

Trish I'll put you down for the Persian Shield. Can also bring one for your friend. I don't know if it will be rooted by then but I'll go ahead and try to get the cutting rooted. I have found that the leaves will really droop to begin but will perk up and take hold before too long

I keep my brugs in pots and keep in a very well lit building during the winter. I put a lot of my Persian Shield in the same pot with brugs. Only have to bring one pot in and one pot out for two plants and the Persian Shield thrives in with the brugs as both need lots of water.

I also have some dark pink 4 O'Clock seeds if anyone wants any.

This message was edited Sep 5, 2012 9:41 AM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 5, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9266213

Trish , it's called heart of the jungle, not queen of the night, if you want a heart of the jungle I can give you one of those.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 6, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9266727

Lol ok Kathy my bad on the name,Colocasia esculenta 'Heart of the Jungle' and thank you...Thanks for that info Ms Charlotte on the persian shield I think I will also plant it in with one of my brugs...
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 6, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9266855

KA, is the Heart of the jungle hardy? Or does it have to come in for the winter? If it is hardy, i would love to have one if it is still available...I don't have a greenhouse - no where to really overwinter things. :( Is the Heart of the Jungle larger than your Thailand Giant?? I hear those get huge - been thinking about trying one!

Trish, is the orange ginger one for sunny areas? or shade? I would love a start of it if your friend still has some. I guess assuming it will survive outside as well. I would like a start of the mexican petunias too please.

Due to everything that has gone on in August, I lost more of the things I had rooted. :( About the only thing I have left out of the things I rooted in June are the Hot Lips salvia... I have several starts of it in one pot - does anyone need any of it??

Elaine, I would love a start of the salvia if you are able to root it. I love the salvias and the bees and butterflies seem to love them too!

Thank you Terrye for the Yellow Rose of Texas. I hope to get this one in a spot with a stake or fencing or something around it to keep it from being mowed down! I was so proud of my one little bloom...then the whole plant disappeared :( ...

KA - what is a pineapple lily? I have plenty of sunshine...but not familiar with that plant!

Sandra, i have seen pictures of the Lo and Behold... I just love it! I did have some starts from my pink butterfly bush - but I think those are toast as well...

Genna

gen2026
Camden, AR

September 6, 2012

Post #9266856

By the way, IF i ever get to where I can stand the heat, I need to do some MAJOR trimming on my yellow Lady Banks Rose... do you think that it would root this time of year?? Does anyone need one of those??

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 6, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9266997

I don't know if it is hardy. You might find info on it by looking it up. I think I only had 4. Gave one of those 4 to my sis. I'm out for now. If I see any others coming soon I'll pull it up. But Kim said she has to bring hers in.

I'll put u down for the last one Trish
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 6, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9267084

Gen I will put you down for orange ginger I have mine in partial shade its hardy for me. The mexican petunias love the sunshine and I will put you down for some of those as well...

Gen heres what Proven Winters has to say about heart of the jungle and that is what the rate the hardiness zones as below..

http://www.provenwinners.com/plants/colocasia/heart-jungle-west-indian-kale-colocasia

Hardiness Zones:
8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11a, 11b

Thanks KA for the EE...
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 6, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9267086

Gen I have Illustris EE I can share with you if you would like one of those..Its hardy for me and I think it will be for you also..
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 6, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #9267175

What's the name of your ginger Trish?
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 7, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9268077

Kathy I think it was sent to me as Hedychium "Raffle" but I cant say for sure because the tag is missing but its orange when it blooms and fades to a peachy color.I rcvd it in a trade..I have some different ones that hopefully I can share next year they are Curcuma sparganifolia's. They have yet to bloom for me this year but they were hardy for me this winter anyway..
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #9268082

I would love a piece if you have enough. I looked it up and got a few hits, have to research it a little more. I'm off for the weekend, you all have a good weekend. i have some curcumas I can share next year also.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 8, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9268774

Ok Kathy I will put you down for some...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 8, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #9268918

I have lots of empty nursery pots I'm going to be getting rid of this fall. I'm going to keep most of the really big ones but if any of you need empty nursery pots I'll throw some in the back of my truck. I have someone in my neighborhood that roots plants and sells them and he wants any extra pots. But thought I would see if you all want any of them before I give them to him.
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 9, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9269713

Well, they have moved me to Zone 8 now... from 7b, but I am not sure about that. last winter we might have passed for zone 9 except for one or two days! But you never know and it might be really cold this winter! ... ?? I am trying a few zone 8 things, but not certain they will make it if we have any really cold weather...

Thanks Trish!

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9270028

Well, I have been digging and potting up almost all day today. It was beautiful outside and I had to take advantage of that this afternoon. The other day I also took some cuttings of the Navajo Red woody salvia (3) for the folks that wanted it so here is what I have so far:

3 Navajo Red Salvia (fingers crossed they root)
3 Homestead Purple Verbena (also hope they root)
Daylilly 'Bama Belle' - 2
DL - 'Ida's Magic' - 2 or 3 I think
DL - NOID - light yellow - 3
Sedum 'Autumn Joy' - 1 very large and blooming and 2 very small
Penstemon 'Husker Red' - beautiful red/green foliage blooms white in summer - 1 large clump but can dig more if anyone wants
Penstemon - purple - can't remember variety - have 1 large clump dug and can dig 1-2 more if interested
Crocosmia - orange - have 5-6 or so bulbs, they spread pretty quick so this will be a good start, bloom in summer and the seed pods are interesting
Clematis 'Sweet Autumn' - 1, but I have a large plant and I'm sure I can root this if anyone wants.
Echinacea 'Rubinstern' (purple) - 1 small one dug so far but I can dig 4-5 if wanted.
Clump of Yellow Canna. I also have some coral, almost red canna if anyone wants it (plain green leaf) and I'm thinking of digging/dividing my tiger stripe leaf one (forget the name) that has an deep orange bloom if anyone wants some.
Does anyone want some hosta or some cleome seeds?

Seems like there is something else out there I potted but I can't remember now. The only thing I think is spoken for at this time is the salvia & I think Marilyn wants sedum so I'll give her the big one since she spoke up first. If I missed somebody speaking up, please let me know and I'll put your name on it so I won't forget when we get there.

Yes, and I have some 1 gal pots too if anyone needs. I used a bunch today and some small ones too, but I have a few of the small ones if anyone needs those and a few 5 gal. I always keep a few just in case. Can't wait to see you all!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 9, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9270302

Elaine, I would like a little of the purple penstemon, also Terrye wants some Ida's Magic, she gave me some and hers died and mine is being stubborn and won't multiply !
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9270620

Sandra, your name will be going on the purple penstemon and will put Terrye's name on the Ida's Magic. Mine goes crazy. I also have some Elizabeth Salter that I can probably get a good clump off that if you need or want it.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 10, 2012
8:00 AM

Post #9270699

I think I have enough daylilies, I still have some living in shade that need to be moved to sun. Thanks though!
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 10, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #9271067

Elaine, I would love some of the penstemon if you have enough, and I would love a start of the tiger striped canna... I had it but it was one of the ones in the far bed that I lost last year when I couldn't breath and couldn't drag the hose that far!! I would also be interested in some of the cleome seeds...never tried it but I think it is pretty.

I don't want to be a pig - but I would love some of the Rubinstern too if you have plenty. I had already asked for the salvia so if someone else needs some of the above that is fine!

After digging out grass all day yesterday, I think that my Crimson Flood DL is large enough to share if anyone is interested. Also, I know that my wedding feast DL had been really large, but there is barely anything showing now... would it already be dormant due to the heat???? I had planned to dig some of it to share...but I wasn't sure what was going on with it. IF anyone is interested in either of those DLs please let me know.

Genna
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2012
1:25 PM

Post #9271077

Genna, I have plenty of the penstemon, so I'll dig a good clump for you. You want one of each (purple and white)? I also can dig the echinacea. Just ran out of steam yesterday and wanted to see who wanted what before I went any further. Will also put your name on one of the salvia's I'm trying to root. There's plenty of cleome to go around. I'd probably just winter sow most of it so it will come up next year. Then you can move the seedlings where you want them when they are about 2-4 inches tall. It grows tall and re-seeds, so you'll never have to worry about it again except for transplanting the seedlings. And I'm happy to dig some of that canna too! I'll have to start my list, lol!

I'm always in the market for a new DL, so yes, Genna, I'll take a start of your Crimson Flood. If it's a small start that's ok. I think Sandra is planning to bring me some DLs too!

Thanks!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 10, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #9271286

Yes, I have you some daylilies, but do you want others beside pink? I was looking for pinks only for you--lol
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9271337

Pinks are my favorite, Sandra! I think I need especially some deeper pinks. I have been looking at some deep purple ones on line and I have bought a couple of deep red ones lately. I'm diversified, lol!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 10, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9271381

Elaine, I would like a start of the Rubenstern Echinacea if you are able to dig more than one. thanks for saving me the sedum--I love it and it is soooo easy to grow! A start of the canna would be nice too, if you have plenty to spare. thanks!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9271729

Marilyn, yes, I can spare more of the canna. I looked at it yesterday afternoon and there are some small shoots so I'll dig it this week and pot up one for you too! The Rubenstern Echonacea is on my list too.

Elaine

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 11, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9271793

Wow Elaine, you are turning into a real daylily person, goin out of your color---LOL !
That makes it a lot easier to get more too !
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 11, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9272134

Sandra, do you need Crimson Flood or do you already have it?

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 11, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9272206

No thank you, i have plenty. I bet you all thought you would never hear me say that!!! I just don't have enough get up and go to make any more beds, and can"t take care of the ones I have.

Thumbnail by slcdms

OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9272459

Hello, Eli! Enjoy your dinner!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 11, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #9272511

Lol, he was trying to hold his own bottle !
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 11, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9272555

My, my, he is "mister big", isn't he? LOL So precious and handsome!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 11, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9272574

He looks mighty strong and healthy too. So cute!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9272874

Sweet sweet grand baby Sandra!! I know you love having him there.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 12, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9273011

He is a cutie!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 12, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9273022

Yes, he keeps me very busy. He is growing so fast it seems. The milder weather is great, I can't really do any work, but I can take him out in his stroller.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 12, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9273363

Elaine if you still have any of this available I would like some plz

Elizabeth Salters
idas magic
purple penstemon
tiger stripe canna

Gen if you have an extra crimson flood I would like a start plz..
if anyone else has daylilies to share I would like to have some plz..I will go out and see which ones I can share Very few are named but theres a few with tags left...

I have several pink coneflower plants if someone might be looking for those also...
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 13, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9273857

Trish, I would love a start of the pink coneflowers...
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 13, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9273858

I would love to have a pink coneflower, Trish. Thanks!
We got a load of mushroom mulch on Tuesday. Part of it has been spread in the new flower bed and we still have bunches left to spread around the rest of the flower beds. It will need to "cook" over the winter, though, before I plant anything in it but I have other places for the plants I will be getting at the RU. :o)
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 13, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9273864

That mushroom compost is supposed to be awesome stuff!! I used a couple of bags of it several years back and it seemed to really do well at improving my sandy soil... looked and looked for some back in the spring because I had a spot in my new foundation bed where the soil was so bad the grass and weeds wouldn't even grow... I never did find any

Looking forward to seeing you soon Marilyn!

Genna
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #9273953

Trish, I'll dig some Elizabeth Salter for you. I dug the tiger stripe canna Tuesday night and I have an extra already. Also the purple penstemon and the Ida's Magic I'm pretty sure but if not can dig another. That will about do it on the purple.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 13, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9274041

Dont make yourself short on any of those Elaine I can wait another year or two if need be and get a start from one of the other ladies you are sharing it with...Gen and Ms Marilyn I have you down for the pink coneflowers...

I have a few of these daylilies I can gdig if someone wants them

little red kittens
red mittens
lil red dazzler
bayou bride
cool jazz
rosy return
gentle rose...

Just let me know I am going to try to start digging this weekend because it may take me several days to get it together..My leg is improving daily most of the swelling is gone and the incision is still healing but if im up on it to long at a time it tends to burn and ache. If I do a limited amount each day its all good..
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #9274233

I won't be. I am digging judiciously!! I have let the penstemon spread to where I want it. Should have plenty for next year and I am thinning where I don't want it. When I dug some the other day I noted where I could dig another clump or 2 maybe if needed. And the Elizabeth Salter I had not touched yet so I'm good on that one for sure.

The Husker red with the white bloom is very plentiful. The purple one is much smaller. It is also in a more compacted clay-like soil that I can't seem to get to do better where it's planted. I'm just glad it's finally decided to take off.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 13, 2012
9:05 PM

Post #9274587

Well if you have an extra huskers red I will take a start of it plz...
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9274808

I have plenty of it Trish. I have one big clump dug already and can dig more. I'll probably do that just in case more folks want some at the swap.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2012
7:15 AM

Post #9274882

I dug up some of my NO ID daylilies yesterday. I have 3 paper bags for whoever may want them. I think I remember Trish saying that her friend Cindy would like to have some. Today I am going to dig up some of the NO ID iris. They badly need to be separated. There is a large patch of them here and only a few of them bloomed this past spring because they are too crowded. I will have several for whoever wants them.

Trish, do be careful and don't overdo the digging. We would rather have you healthy!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 14, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #9275478

Thank you Ms Marilyn I will take it easy..Cindy and I both will swipe some of the irises and daylilies if you get them dug..Cindy is like me she will plant pretty much anything...Just love mixed colors and lots of flowers..Ms Marilyn would you like some zinnia seeds? I remember once you said you wanted a start of the white one..If anyone else wants some zinnia seeds just let me know,i love them because they are so easy to start from seeds..

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 14, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9275519

Thanks, Trish, I would love some zinnia seeds!

I will have a couple of calla lilies to give away. I dug them up today and also I will have some kind of ground cover vine. I don't know what it is but if any of you need something to fill in a sunny spot, this is for you. You will want to give it a place where it will have pretty of room to spread, though. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow. It started raining here today --hooray--before I could snap a pic.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 14, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9275523

Trish, I would love some of your white zinnia seeds too, I have had lots of pink this year, I just crumble my seeds in the beds and let them volunteer where they want.

You friend Cindy doesn't care if the iris are named, I might be able to bring her some of those.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 14, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9275576

IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFT OF THE ZINNIA SEEDS, I'D LOVE SOME BESIDES MY PINK, i CAN BRING A BUNCH OF PINK SEEDS, THEY LOOK LIKE YOUR WHITE BUT THEY ARE PINK. LOVE THAT WHITE. I'M HOPING TO GROW MORE ZINNIAS NEXT YEAR, THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!

I'M NOT SHOUTING EITHER, JUST TOO LAZY TO CLICK THE BUTTON RIGHT NOW TO GO BACK TO LOWER CASE LOL
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 14, 2012
9:07 PM

Post #9275639

I would love some zinnia seeds too if ya'll have plenty. That is a beautiful bloom! Zinnias are so cheery looking!

I hope to find some things out there tomorrow that I can share...
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 14, 2012
10:38 PM

Post #9275678

I can bring you all some of those seeds..I have the pink too and it has really been so pretty this year...The butterflies seem to love the white ones...

Cindy doesnt care if they are named she just loves flowers and if no one has spoken for the calla lilis put her name on a few of them plz..Cindy has the zinnia's like these in a red Iwill get her to save some seeds form those to bring also...
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2012
5:41 AM

Post #9275770

Ok, Cindy's name will be on one of the calla lilies. I only have two dug and potted right now but will try to get some more dug up, as they need to be separated.

Hooray, I love zinnias! White, pink, red--all are beautiful!! I will have some moonflower seed pods and also some hardy hibiscus seeds for any who want them.
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 15, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9275869

Anyone interested in any fushia 4:00s? I have several young plants that I can dig if anyone is interested? I might even have a couple of yellows...

I will have to check my hibiscus, Peppermint schnapps and see if it has any seeds... do they come back true from seeds??

Does the moonflower spread badly? I would love to have some seeds, but I didn't know how hard they were to manage. I don't need anything else that I have to fight - the weeds and grass are enough!!! I would like some of the hardy hibiscus too...do you know what colors they are?

Headed out to see what else I can find in the jungle that I might can divide...
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 15, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9275880

I do have several seed pods on my peppermint schnapps if anyone is interested... just let me know. it has really been a great bloomer this year - it started sometime in May and is still blooming although today it only has about 6 blooms on it - instead of the 30+ that it has had on some days!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9275952

I discovered a Confederate Jasmine that had fallen over and self rooted. It's a pretty good start if anyone wants it. I've had mine for about 17 years and has done well. I planted it initially to cover a metal harbor but found it slower growing than what I wanted so planted Carolina Jasmine there as well. Suddenly one year the Confederate Jasmine just took off!! Here's a link to it.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55230/
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 15, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9275990

Ok, I have been out digging in the rain... :-) I ended up with three of the Crimson Flood DLs - one promised to Elaine, and one to Trish... anyone want the extra?

Then I have two Wedding Feast DLs. This particular DL doesn't have a lot of fans left on it - it is already going dormant, but the underground bulbs look in great shape.

Then I have one large Indigo Spires Salvia. I forgot that I covered a piece that had fallen over back in June when I was taking cuttings to see if it would self root. It did - but that little stalk that had fallen over is now three feet tall with blooms...

I also took off several of the Peppermint Schnapps Hibiscus seed pods if anyone is interested.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 15, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #9275997

Elaine, if you have extra penstemon and clematis, I would like a start, please, but don't go out and dig up any more just on my account--only if you already have extras.

Genna, we crossed. I would like the Indigo Spires Salvia, please and also the Peppermint Schnapps hibiscus.

I will have a start of one blueberry bush if anyone wants it.

I am getting ready to edit my "Give to" and "Getting from" lists in my first post on this thread, so please everyone go and look at it and see if I have anything available that you might want. Also, please check and see if I am correct in the list of plants I am receiving from each of you. I think I am going to have plenty of plants to bring home with me so I promise not to ask for anything else! In fact, I may not need to even go to Dabney's and Homestead! LOL I hope I am not being too greedy! "Oink, oink" :o~

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 2:34 PM
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 15, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9276124

I would love a few of those white zinnia seeds too if there are some left! And will take a few of those NOID iris you have Marilyn. Don't need too many as I've just dug some of mine to replant so I've got my iris work cut out for me.

Marilyn, I think you're right. We need to summarize what everybody is supposed to 'give to' to make sure we've got it right. I've been going back thru the thread to make sure I haven't overlooked something or somebody. I hope I haven't missed something. I'm marking the tags as soon as the football game is over.

Elaine

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 15, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9276142

I have updated my list. If you don't see your name by something you've asked me for, you need to let me know.

As far as I can remember the only thing I've requested is a Heart of the Jungle EE from Kathy Ann.
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 15, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9276208

KA - do you bring your fire spike inside? IF you have time, I would love to try a start of each color... it says it is hardy to 8a - which is my new classification... not sure if it will live over the winter or not, but I would love to give it a try. I can add it to my small shady area that I am trying to get a few plants in.

Thanks!
Genna

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 15, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9276268

This is a heads up for--Elaine, Genna, Trish and Cindy---I put all of the daylilies I have for you all in paper lunch bags today. You will need to get them either planted or potted pretty soon. I knew if I tried to load all those pots to bring, I would not have been able to come ! I have them inside the house in the cool. They will be fine for a week, but wanted you to know that I am bringing them like this so you can be prepared.

Marilyn, I have a few daylilies for you too. I have a 5 gallon bucket of tall bearded iris 3/4 full and they are all trimmed. I worked on it all day today and I am pooped !

Trish if you have time--I realize it is late to be asking, I would like a start of your fern.
Genna I would like to try a few of your hibiscus seeds too

Kenny do you want anything from me???
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

September 15, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9276278

Thanks Sandra, but just bring yourself.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9276463

The daylilies and iris which I am digging up will also be in paper bags.
Elaine, I will put you down for some of the iris. :o)
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 16, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #9276497

Elaine I have you down for zinnia seeds no problem. Sandra I will get you some fern also no problem...Gen if I can get around to getting it dug I have a purple beebalm that I got from KathyAnn I can bring a start of..Its supposed to rain for a few days so im going to try to get alot of digging done between church services today..
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2012
1:17 PM

Post #9276776

Most everything I'm bringing is in pots...with a couple of exceptions that had root balls too big for anything but a huge pot and I put those in plastic bags. Welcome to Wal-Mart or Target or whatever it was. And thank you for shopping, lol!

Thanks, Sandra. I will be busy when I get home! And thanks, Trish for the white zinnia seed. I dug your Elizabeth Salter this morning! I think I'm done unless someone comes up with something else. I'm out of town Monday thru Thursday afternoon so that's just about it for me. And it's supposed to rain here too tomorrow and Tuesday. Yay!!

gen2026
Camden, AR

September 16, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9276803

Raining here again today... so much for getting the yard mowed! the grass is looking really bad, but it has rained off and on for the past several days and I can't seem to get it mowed! :( But I am not complaining the rain is nice!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 16, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9276931

Just let the army worms mow your grass Genna, they are horrid over here. millions of them. don't even want to walk outside their so bad. Are they bad at your place? They were all over the concrete at church this morning too.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 16, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9277018

The grasshoppers have been terrible in our area this summer. They have been hanging around for weeks! Ugh! We had 1.85 inches of rain here in the last 24 hours. Hooray! We needed it!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 17, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9277634

Elaine, I am just finally glad to make good on my promise to you for daylilies, seems like something has happened every year !
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 17, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #9277963

I don't guess I know what an army worm is...?? But, haven't noticed any worms of any kind... my bahahia grass is TALL - or at least the seed stalks are!! :(

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 17, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #9278247

I havent noticed an armyworms here,I'm proud to say...
tryliv
Booneville, MS

September 20, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9281218

I actually got to work outside a little the other day and a little today for the first time in two months. Still can't put too much pressure on my foot but I did get a few things dug to bring. I didn't get to make a list but maybe I'll have a few things that you guys will want.
Genna, I do have your kerria.

Terrye
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 20, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9281308

Thanks Terrye - although I sure didn't want you to push that ankle to get one! It will be good just to see you again ... it has been a long time!
Hope it heals up quickly for you - are you in a boot? When Kyle sprained his ankle really bad in football they made him wear a boot for 6 weeks almost like he broke it. The orthopedic dr said some bad sprains are worse than breaks sometimes. He also warned us to give it plenty of time to heal so that it would be less likely to reoccur.

tryliv
Booneville, MS

September 20, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #9281396

Thanks, Genna. Sandra's already told me to be sure and not do anything to risk getting to come Saturday. I've got my orders! lol
I'm in a brace now but I can go without if I am on even floor, like in the house.

Terrye

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 20, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9281479

You got that right, we don't want to miss it this year !
gen2026
Camden, AR

September 21, 2012

Post #9281897

Glad you know you are one who at least LISTENS to the orders... :-)

Getting excited !! Ready to see everyone !!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9282284

On our way--should be at Homestead in about an hour :D

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 21, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9282349

Have fun, Marilyn, see you tomorrow !
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
2:05 PM

Post #9282357

Thanks, Sandra! We just left Homestead. Mostly all they had were mums and poinsettias. I was disappointed. Not nearly the variety of perennials they had last year. We didn't buy anything. I guess we will make Dabneys in the morning before we go to Jim's.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2012
2:57 PM

Post #9282403

Hey Marilyn. Sorry your nursery run didn't work out. We just arrived in Olive Branch. Give me a call.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 21, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9282509

Hey now, don't start having fun without the rest of us---lol !
See you all tomorrow, I am looking forward to it !!! Wish Cindy was here too!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 21, 2012
6:31 PM

Post #9282572

Just had supper with Elaine and Earl. They are a delightful couple! We talked for two hours! LOL. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Jim's tomorrow!
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 21, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9282595

Yes, indeed, the fun has started early! Had a wonderful time with Marilyn and Al. Can't wait to continue tomorrow!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 22, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9283403

And a good time was had by all !!!! I had a good time and think everyone else did. I had a terrible lapse of memory when I got there and brought home all kinds of stuff--when will I ever learn?????

Jim's yard is so nice, he really has it looking so good, I don't know how after this crazy hot and dry summer, but he and Kenny have done some hard work there.
I so much appreciate his hosting us and giving us a chance to be together for a while, it always seems like there is not enough time to talk to everyone, I always come home feeling that way though ! I hope Terrye is able to walk tomorrow she was limping bad when we got here.
Thanks for all the plants, food and for being my friends !

Love to all

PS---Al, you better take good care of Marilyn for us !!!!!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2012

Post #9283419

I'm going to go post some pictures on the RU thread.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 22, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9283439

We did have a great time! At least I know I did!! We really appreciated Jim hosting the get together! His yard was wonderful as usual. I'm like Sandra - Kenny and Jim had been doing a lot of hard work to have it looking so good with the weather we've had.

Sandra I'm like you, ended up with stuff I didn't intend to bring home!!! Pretty plants are just too tempting!!

Fun, fun day!!! Thanks Kenny and Jim!!!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 23, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9284455

As Charlotte said, a fun, fun day! Thanks, Kenny and Jim! (Kenny we missed you). I have left more comments on the other thread so I won't repeat them here. Love you all!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

September 24, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9284657

It was indeed a beautiful place to visit. The love and hard work they put into really shows..It was really nice to get to see everyone again. I to brought home lots of plants and I love them all...
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9285037

Terrye, if you're on-line, I need to find out the name of the plant I got from you. It's the one that has the yellow bloom. Love it!

Elaine

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

September 24, 2012
4:48 PM

Post #9285326

I got a piece of that too, she thought it was some kind of rudbeckia, but could not remember the name.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9293326

Okay, I have one more question: I managed to get home with a rose even though I didn't ask for one from anybody. I don't know how it got into my car but it did and I have planted it. Did any of you bring a rose to the RU? There was no label on it. I have been told that Hybrid Teas don't do well in our area so I hope it isn't a hybrid tea and I hope it will be happy in my flowerbed. :o~

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

October 2, 2012
9:33 AM

Post #9293554

I know Terrye brought a rose, she gave me one here and had another to give away, it was probably from her. The one she gave me is a rainbow knockout.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

October 2, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9293992

Oh, good! I hope I got the other rainbow knockout! Knockouts do very well here. :D
tryliv
Booneville, MS

October 4, 2012
11:21 AM

Post #9295801

Marilyn, I did bring a Rainbow Knockout. that may be the one you got.

Elaine, that flower is Rudbeckia triloba. Had to look it up. I had lost my label. I love it. it will reseed itself but you can weed it out easily.

Terrye

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America