Photo by Melody

Garden Pests and Diseases: Tomato problems (curled leaves, yellow spots, green inside)

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases
bookmark
Forum: Garden Pests and DiseasesReplies: 2, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MTnic
Plentywood, MT
(Zone 3b)

August 2, 2012
12:07 AM

Post #9226723

The leaves of my tomato plant are curling up and most leaves are speckled yellow. Any idea if this is a disease, pest, or nutrient deficiency? I usually stick to perennials so tomatoes are new for me. The weather here has been extremely hot as of late (95+ most days) and it has also been rather humid. Also, I harvested the first ripe tomato from this plant yesterday. Although the tomato tasted ok, not great, but ok, the inside of it was green. I'm not sure which type of tomato this is (I lost the label) so perhaps it is normal, but I suspect something is wrong. Other than a couple of small to small-medium ones, the rest of the plant is filled with tiny tomatoes. Although it could have been mislabeled, I know that I didn't buy a plant that produces tiny tomatoes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thumbnail by MTnic
Click the image for an enlarged view.

AutumnButterfly
Rockford, IL

August 11, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9237864

Try some miracle grow (all purpose plant food). Also the heat is a bit to much for it. try moving it into some shade, but make sure it still gets some sun. As for the tomatos being green inside i've only had that happen when i picked one and it wasn't ripe yet. make sure they are medium red when picked (no yellow, orange, or green). You also say that your getting cherry tomatos and not big ones. If you have any Cherry tomatos around the big ones they will cross pollenate, and you will get cherry tomatos. Try growing Gardeners Delight they taste great! I have the extra sweet kind.
Calalily
Deep South Coastal, TX
(Zone 10a)

August 12, 2012
7:44 AM

Post #9238756

You might want to post this on the tomatoes forum, there are some experts over there who will be able to help.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 161 Jun 9, 2013 3:28 PM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America