Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Homesteading: August Already

Communities > Forums > Homesteading
bookmark
Forum: HomesteadingReplies: 46, Views: 395
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 2, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9227020

Rained hard last night. Quiet here now - Dyson

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9228248

Happy Birthday, Sue (Taynors)!
cocoa_lulu
Grand Saline, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 3, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9228280

Happy Birthday, Sue. Have a an big slice of cake for me!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 3, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9228641

awwww thank you's...
been so busy at fair i actually forgot LOL
well i think my sexlink chickens have maran in them i have 4 eggs that are dark dark brown... ohhh lalalalaaaa.
hope everyone is doing well.
i will catch up after fair time
healing thoughts too you all
sue
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2012
1:09 AM

Post #9228986

Truck died yesterday - looks like the fuel pump gave up - on the bike for awhile.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9230268

Sorry I missed your BD, Sue. Hope you had a great day.

Cocoa, so sorry your garden is done. I hate it when that happens. You work so hard to get it going, then you wait so long for it to bear and before you know it it's all history.

Dyson, hope you get the car fixed soon. Bikes are fun to ride and economical but inconvenient at times.

Rough morning for me. DH is doing great in rehab. He is working hard so he can get his prosthetic. Looks like he will be going home Tuesday. Don't know what things will look like after that. DS and DD came to pick up the boys. They got here yesterday morning at around 2 am. They just crashed here at the hospital. I had wanted to take the boys to a nearby town for a parade yesterday afternoon because the Turtle Man was the grand marshal of the parade and they both LOVE his show on Animal Planet. But it didn't work out. We all spent the day getting the house ready for DH's wheelchair, ect. DS also spent a lot of time spraying weeds and working on the generator. We all spent last night at the hospital with DH and they went back to La this morning at 8:30. It was so hard to see them leave. This is the worst day I have had since all this started.

Adding to my bad day was the fact that I called to talk to my Momma and she didn't know who I was. She has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and now they are pretty sure they have found a breast tumor but will have to do a biopsy to be sure. It's one of those hurry up and wait deals. So frustrating. She is on antiseizure drugs and steroids for the brain tumor. She is usually pretty lucid in the mornings but she had taken her meds late so I will try to call back later.

I have to go home later to feed the animals and milk the goat. Doing the normal, mundane things will be good for me.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 5, 2012
9:41 AM

Post #9230269

(((((Caj)))))

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9232220

(((( Caj ))))) sending all my healing thoughts to you.
still got 4 days left of fair
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9237842

If you don't have a cellar, what is your plan to store potatoes for the winter or how have you been doing it? (non electrical means)
I didn't grow potatoes this year cause I don't have a way to store them in a place that does not freeze but does not get hot.
I came across some ideas on the net about storing potatoes in a trash can that is mostly buried in the ground and covered with plastic and hay or straw...I dread the idea of digging a hole in hard clay deep enough for a trash can...but if I start on it now, I might be done by Christmas. LOL. not really but maybe a week.
I want to buy the potatoes that are on sale and store them away for the winter and next year I want to grow a whole bunch that will have to be stored for the winter. I ordered a book and very impatient for it to get here. " The Homesteading Handbook" back to the basics.
I leave my carrots in the ground all winter. I read I could do the same with the potatoes (in my zone) Not sure how it is in other zones.
Sigh.
I have a bunch of cauliflower, broccoli, broc raab, and cabbage plants growing for the winter. I have to sow more seeds this week and next week for later crops. I don't think there is a way to store cauliflower and broccoli for the winter without a refrig or freezer...is there?
I'm just rambling on with my thoughts now...i can do that all day , so I will chop it off here.

Happy late Birthday Taynors.

Happy Homesteading

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9237869

Cricket, you can build a berm (above ground) using rectangular hay bales to store potatoes. Make a hollow square of them, put a piece of plywood on top, and bales on top of the plywood. Cover with a tarp. In my mountain area, I might need to have the berm 2 bales thick because I'm a lot colder than your zone. It's important to cover the bales from rain that can freeze the bales, and some folks put their potatoes in a wire basket inside the berm (think hardware cloth) to keep critters out.

You can keep lots of foods in this berm... like carrots and winter squash. Apples need a separate berm due to out-gassing.

Dyson, my truck died this past week too, on the way home from yet more appts. at UVa. No clutch, and expensive to repair. Dang, it's always something!
porkpal
Richmond, TX

August 11, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9237873

Around here broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower can be grown all winter so storing isn't a problem. I can keep potatoes at room temperature for months by storing them in the dark dusted with lime. And when you get ready to dig your hole, just keep adding a little water, let the clay soften, dig the softened clay out, add water, wait, dig etc. - works well for post holes, ought to work for trash can holes too.

While I was typing Darius came up with a much better solution.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2012 12:33 PM
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9237908

I don't know how long broccoli, cauliflower can be grown in my zone. I have never grown it past November. I will find out this year.

I don't understand potoatoes yet... I was digging a bed and adding bone meal the other day to grow carrots in and came across a few potatoes left behind from last year and the darn thing was a nice firm tator with no insect damage. A whole year 14 inches deep into the soil.
Makes you wonder!======maybe I could store them where they grew and just throw some extra free pine needles over the beds for the winter.
I wonder if storing them in the soil for so long would change their flavor. I did not try to eat those two tators the other day. I tossed them to the side and didn't think nothing of it. Hm.

rambling on again

I have a hole to dig.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2012
12:11 PM

Post #9237921

Cricket, a hay bale box would be easier, quicker, and easier to manage when you want a few 'taters for supper.
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 11, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9237962

Darius. I like your hay berm storage idea. It will cost about $50 to buy the hay bales. ummm...I can only buy one or the other right now. Potatoes or Hay. BUT...I have a barn where I can dig a wide deep trench and build this berm and the hay will always be dry and I wouldn't have to worry about the hay sweating and molding out in the open covered with a tarp or plastic. A deep trench would allow me to put a pallet in the bottom to keep the potatoes off the ground and so that I can moisten the ground to keep the potatoes moist without them sitting in water.

I have been checking the temps under my house while the temps were hovering around 100 and above and it was about 76 to 80 under the house in the middle of summer. Late Summer thru Early Winter will be much cooler. The temps are down to 88 and 90 degrees this week and I will check the temp under there again. I may be able to store potatoes under there in burlap covered containers until mid to late winter when I can bring them into the house during the deep freeze of winter and store them in an unheated closet under the stairs. I may not have to dig or build anything but my labor is cheaper than buying hay right now too but it is not ruled out for future projects.

A link I came across...
http://www.kimberly.uidaho.edu/potatoes/CIS1153.pdf

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9237973

Cricket, a trench dug in the barn sounds like a good plan to me.

That PDF has some good info, Thanks.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 11, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9238413

funny you all mention storing potato's. i have my La Ratte fingerlings that didn't grow this year :( but are tiny and i was thinking on the best way to store them. ?
well fair is all done and i guess i should get back to projects here at home that have been ignored.
good night folks
see you all tomorrow
cocoa_lulu
Grand Saline, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 15, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9242202

Thought I'd check in even though there's not a heck of a lot going on, normal for the dog days of summer. I've read a few books, haven't done that since winter. Got a skirt sewn, it's too pretty to wear doing farm work...guess I'll have to wait for a party.lol Still working on some upholstery projects.

Still don't have any milk to drink, but have plenty for the chickens. It's nice not to have to buy them food. Still need to get Sally Belle to the vet for annual check up and testing. We'd probably be fine drinking the milk, but I'm always cautious. She does have a case of udder mites. I'm getting a handle on those, but it still creeps me out.lol Had to borrow a trailer, a trailer that was pastured and covered in poison ivy. Dh is still a hot itchy mess.lol

Got the field pea plot tilled and it's raining today. Hopefully I can just ride them out as a dry land crop. Fall seedlings are under lights..and that's about it :0) Just waiting for September :0)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9242228

Thanks for the update! Sorry you don't have drinkable milk yet. :(

I'm busy here, but in the kitchen. I'm canning meats from the freezers because #1, I'm out of freezer space, and #2, I worry about extended power outages. I'm canning pork, venison, sausage patties, bacon, tallow, lard, and a tad of schmaltz so far. I need to get some cream to make butter, then cook it down to ghee and can some of that too. It keeps a long time.

After I get home from the next round of doctor's appointments (I have 6 of them over 2 days at UVa Med Ctr) in mid-September, I plan to get back into cheesemaking. My goat owner friend owes me some milk.
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9242236

cocoa...how do you Not buy chicken feed?

taynors, If no cellar, I am guessing under the house out of the heat until it starts freezing deeply this winter. Then insulate them or bring them in under the cabinets where it is cool.
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #9242249

Darius= what cream are you getting to make butter? What is ghee? and is that what you are actually making butter with ----the ghee?
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9242254

all i know is you milk the cow, separate the cream and use the cream to make butter. That is what mama did. She never called anything process by name and I don't remember her cooking cream first to make butter.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9242289

Nope, I make butter from the cream just as your mother did. I can get heavy cream from a local dairy, and although it's pasteurized, it makes decent butter. Not as good tasting (or good for us) as cream from grass-fed cows that aren't fed grain, but it's far better than store-bought butter with all the additives.

Ghee is basically a clarified butter, but cooked longer to remove all the moisture and solids.
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/ButterGhee.htm
cocoa_lulu
Grand Saline, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 15, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #9242312

Darius, that canning sounds like work! I would normally be canning pears and figs this time of year, but both haven't fared well through the summer, bummer. I notice too that our persimmons are fruitless as well. I've decided not to plant anymore fruit or berries till we get a drip system. Hopefully that will be this fall, but finances will decided. Good luck with your tests!

Cricket, I feed the chickens 'clabbered' raw milk. It's a gelatinous yogurt like substance. Highly digestible and nutritious. It's also great to grow pigs on. I also grew corn and sunflowers for them this spring. Of course since I have to buy some cattle feed, I can't say the chicken feed is free. However there is always enough left over milk for our family to still feed the chickens. free enough ;0)

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 15, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9242923

been busy with fair
got 1st place in salsa
did i tell you that already?
getting the garden ready for fall
pulled ot all my tomato's didn't get a one !
got 4 buckets of jalepeno's !
and 2 buckets of jimmy nardello sweet peppers
got deer hunters coming to hunt this year. sure hope i can get me some of the meat.
i got some venision from one hunter but don't know how old it is ( got it frozen )? so i m not sure about canning it ? darius any idea ?

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9243208

Sue, if it doesn't have freezer burn, I'd go ahead and can it. I'm sure you know to remove all the fat and silverskin that can give it a bad taste.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9243342

good thing you reminded me that part darius ... :) i would have forgotten that part
busy day today
i m having a plant sale and i hope i get some sales. this is my last one . i will closing my nursery doors for awhile. I can no longer do it all myself . My Dh and i are not agreeing on things and so i m downsizing my jobs and my business.
i will no longer clean houses 20 hrs a week,,, just my own house.
i will no longer run my business of nursery 60 hrs a week ( aprox )
I will not do online sales or coops up to 15 hrs a week .
Kids will have to decide on sports or 4 H but not both. They only get one .
my family is not happy about my decision's but i m at a point of " how the heck cares "
sorry to vent out ... didn't mean too... it just came out ? LOL
great weather today. so lots to get done before i go on strike LOL

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9243389

Sue, we all get burned out trying to "do it all"... Good for you on your stance/decisions!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9243632

thanks
well i got 3 of my buckets of jalepeno's traded for some tomato's , corn and a pie LOL
still waiting on a person who wants garlic to trade more tomato's and another pie :)
so all in all it was a good day .

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #9243636

Barter is becoming the way to go. Good for you!

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9243639

expecially when pie is involved ! :) mmmmm pie.
o_angi2001
Bentonville, AR

August 16, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9243892

Vegetables can be dehydrated and used later to cook with. I have seen lots of videos on it and plan on trying it. My grandparents used to grow potatoes and some of them got brought to the old (unused for yrs) outhouse and covered with hayand burlap. Others got left in the ground and dug up when needed.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 16, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9244036

i love dehydrating my tomato's
CricketsGarden
Nauvoo, AL
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9248779

Sue, congrats on the Salsa .

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 21, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9249456

thanks Cricket
well i hope you all don't mind me posting this but
court went well
mathew puccio who murdered my DD got life in prison , with chance of parole after 42 yrs... that making him 62 !
the others got the max sentances for their part in it all. We all wish more prison time for them but reality we got lucky and they got the max and not the minimum . so i m happy with it.
crazy busy week with house cleaning. my boss has shingles so i m covering for her. got 10 houses this week ! yikes...
i guess i will freeze my peppers instead of get them pickled or dried.
kids are doing ok. savannah is a bit of edge and has some anxiety about the court stuff... but i think she will be ok.
hope everyone else is doing good.
many smiles
sue

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 21, 2012
6:53 PM

Post #9249503

Sue, I had read on OHRV that court went well. Not that it will bring your daughter back, but at least they aren't free to do it again.

ACV lightly sprayed on shingles helps.

Feels like Fall here, and the nights have dropped as low as 47-48 in our little valley. I'm already doing my usually late Sept-Oct garden cleanup. I'm thinking we might have not only an early winter, but a harder one than in the last few years. Guess I'd better think about more firewood.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 22, 2012
5:18 AM

Post #9249744

good to know on the acv for the shingles , didn't think of that .
i did 13 pints of tomato' juice. i pureed roasted garlic in it the pot when i was boiling the tomot's then. i juiced it the victorio strainer...
its pretty good. but only thinking if it may change the recipe to much processed in BWB for 35 min. wondering if i should have used other method?
have a good day to you all
NikB
Belle Center, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 30, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #9259428

hey folks, sorry I was gone so long. But I'm back now. How's everyone been?
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 30, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9259436

Nik Things have been real quiet here - Like everyone doing summer stuff - I have been busy trying to help my bil get his new (old) house across the street livable. Hope you have been well.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2012
3:00 PM

Post #9259624

Dyson, don't you have enough to do with your own new (old) house? LOL

I've just had some major yard clean-up done that I couldn't do myself. The sumacs in the back yard were taking over, and if you cut or mow them, several more spread from each lateral root. We decided to cut the bigger ones with a chain saw and apply brush killer to the stalks. Those are the "sticks" standing up in the 2nd photo. The smaller ones we mowed and will allow them to grow just enough to get a small leaf canopy, and then spray their leaves with brush killer. I HATE using an herbicide, but if we didn't, the house would be engulfed in a couple more years.

Mike also cleared the creek bank on the house side since my sister's dog got bit by a copperhead. (The dog survived, but just because only one fang fully penetrated.) We don't know where he encountered the snake, most likely across the creek where I'm allowing it to revert back to nature, but I didn't want to take any chances with the creek bank on the house side giving poisonous snakes a hiding place, for the dog... or for me.

Thumbnail by darius   Thumbnail by darius   Thumbnail by darius      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 30, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9259845

quick check in
things are a bit slowing down for us. They will pick up again on tuesday. I start my apple cider pressing job .
here is the tattoo i got for my daughter , her memorial. I will add things along the way to it.
i m selling most of my chickens. I have 14 layers . Sexlinked breed but honestly i am only getting , if i m lucky 7 eggs a day. not worth going to farmers market to sell them. spending more on feed . so i may as well sell them.
Lucy killed one chicken today. It got out and she was also out and well... couldn't chase her down fast enough to catch her.
darius nice job on the clean up . looks great ! wow on the copper head .. poor dog. i agree on the snake issue. don't want them hiding where i m going to be.
good to see you back Nik . HOpe things are going well for you.
well i m off to bed
night folks
see you all tomorrow cuz its salsa making time ! got 75 lbs of tomatos that have my name on them.
sue

Thumbnail by taynors
Click the image for an enlarged view.

CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9260505

Sue, I hope you are doing well and that the verdict has been a bit of a balm for the wound of Jessie's passing. I am not a tatt fan but that's just me. As tatts go, that is a nice one. I like the celtic flavor of it. I wish I could get a drink of fresh, cold cider. It's been way too long since I enjoyed any. I like it clear, crisp and cold. I know what you mean about the chickens. Mine have slowed down laying because they are molting but I have about 10 dozen eggs on the counter. Going to deliver 2 dozen today but they are not moving fast. Doesn't pay to feed the chickens. A friend is going to give me 3 pullets, brown eggers, that just started laying. I think I am going to get rid of my 6 RSLs, my bantam hen, my duck hen and maybe my game hen. Also one of my EE roos. That will get me down to 7 hens and 2 roos. It would cut my feed bill in half and give me all the eggs we can eat. But DH never wants to let anything go. He thinks with his heart instead of his head so we will see. I also want to sell one of my goats. I am not milking her because she is too hard to milk and she is pushy so I'd like to be rid of her. I have bartered for another young doe to replace her. I can get $100 for her easy and that will buy a bit of feed for the others.

Daruis, good job on the weeds. We are killing snakes around these parts too. A friend had rattlers in his pump shed. They have killed a couple copperheads at the barn and I have killed 3 in the last 2 weeks on the road. I see them after dark and run over them. Then I back up and run over them again. Then, if they are not dead, I get out and bash their heads in with the tire tool. I hate them. They are the only kind I kill. I have not seen any black snakes this year and few garter or ring neck snakes. That is unusual. Have not seen any rat snakes or water snakes either. Glad the dog was OK.

Dyson, so good of you to help your BIL. Did you get your car fixed?

Nik, so good to have you back. I have been wondering how you were and hoping all was well. How has your garden done and have you built any on your cabin? Still working at the hatchery? I have missed your updates. How is your GF doing?

Talked to my brother this morning. Momma had a couple appointments at the cancer center canceled because of Hurricane Isaac. She is scheduled to start Gamma Knife surgery next week for the brain tumor. They say it is her only hope but I know God has the last word. I want to go see her but DH is having a colonoscopy on the 13th because his blood is still low and they found blood in his stool. I can't leave until after we get results from that and I can't be gone long because he needs me so much since the amputation. He is doing well but it is still a big adjustment. Please say a prayer for us all.

We have a new pet. His name is Pemon and he is almost 5 months old.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2012
11:10 AM

Post #9260515

You have POSSUM as a pet? Good Grief!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9260593

Truck is still down, I pulled the bed off and took enough fuel out of the tank to fill the bike. When I can afford the new fuel pump - I'll put it all back together.

Still looking for employment - anyone looking for a burnt out electronics technician?

Care to all.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9260626

This is our second possum. They make great pets. Quiet, easy to feed and very clean. Make for good conversation also. The first one we had we rescued off the road after her momma got hit and killed. She was the only survivor. She lived with us for 2 1/2 years and then she passed away. We missed her very much. This one was brought up to a lady's step by her dog when it was only inches long. It had a big gash on it's jaw. She cleaned it up and took care of it for 4 1/2 months. She was going to release it but it would not have survived in the wild.

Dyson, sure hope you find a job soon.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 31, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9260890

Cajun my MIL is in the hosp for the same thing about. Her blood got low and needed a transfusion. Then there is blood in her stool also.
Will send out healing energy to you and your family. :)
Cool on the possom !
well i did 22 pints of tomato juice today.
tomorrow i will be pickling peppers... got 2 buckets full of peppers... oh my
got rain coming in this weekend from the left over of Isacc.
darius i almost made it over to WV this week , my friend has a family reunion and wanted me to go but with MIL in the hosp i stayed home .
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9261074

Sue, I will pray that your MIL and my DH both get good reports.

My tomatoes are winding down. The big ones, red and yellow mortgage lifters and orange Ky beefsteaks, did not do well, but the cherry tomatoes have been good. I planted one called sweet orange cherry and didn't like it much. It was more a plum sized mater and it was a bit mealy. I always plant Matt's wild cherry for snacking from the bush. I planted honkin' big black cherry and was pretty happy with it so I will likely plant it again. I planted galena's yellow cherry and it did well but finished early. That is unusual in my experience with it. My favorite by far has been the white cherry. It has a mild, sweet taste and I will definitely plant it again. I planted a Cape gooseberry and while the plant has done well it has failed to produce a single fruit. Don't know what is up with that. DH is no longer allowed to have tomatoes because of the potasium being bad for his kidneys so I will only plant a couple or three plants next year.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy   Thumbnail by CajuninKy         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2012
9:08 PM

Post #9261124

New thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1278042/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Homesteading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Share your homesteading experiences and dreams. PeggieK 246 Jul 4, 2012 8:18 PM
Ways to "Live off the land", share your ideas PeggieK 149 Mar 25, 2010 10:10 AM
Looking for possible partners in a homestead darius 71 Mar 24, 2012 3:49 PM
Explain makshi 49 Aug 6, 2008 2:36 PM
Ducks vs. Chickens nivlac 85 Apr 23, 2013 6:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America