Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Saving Seeds: What seeds are these? German green bean, but what variety.

Communities > Forums > Saving Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Saving SeedsReplies: 0, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Carolina_Mike
Whitesburg, TN
(Zone 6b)

August 2, 2012
9:27 PM

Post #9227785

I received these seeds from a friend of mine. He says they are green-bean seeds from Germany. He says a friend of his was stationed over there and asked to buy some of these, but the Germans refused to allow an American to take these seeds home. So...of course...he stole several and brought them back. These seeds are the BIGGEST green bean seeds I have ever seen. They are slightly purple in color.

Does anyone know the name of this species?

I am going to grow them out to save seeds, but I don't know if I have enough time this year. I only have six seeds. If anyone knew what these seeds were, then I could decide to grow them this fall instead of waiting until Spring.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any info, Mike

This message was edited Aug 4, 2012 1:29 PM

Thumbnail by Carolina_Mike   Thumbnail by Carolina_Mike
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Saving Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beans Crossing ragamuffin 2 Dec 25, 2007 7:28 AM
Angelonia tiG 12 Nov 11, 2007 1:19 PM
'homemade' dessicant? patfrompa 4 Dec 16, 2010 7:09 PM
cant find cats whiskers seed berrygirl 16 Jan 7, 2008 4:34 PM
Mountain laurel seeds txjaks 3 Jul 8, 2008 5:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America