Happy Birthday to all born August 4th!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Entlie
a_night_owl
Mtnma
BlissfulGarden
WormsLovSharon
wannadanc
speediebean
dax080
kyleg05
zaphron2

Thumbnail by taters55
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday to all celebrating the day!

Thumbnail by pirl
Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow, we have a lot of birthday folks today. Happy Birthday, everybody!

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks! Having a leisurely day and going out to dinner tonight.
Entlie

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I spent the day cleaning my garage and getting my pots sterilized for inter sowing. What else would someone do on their birthday. Sharon

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

Thank you guys!!! Wow, I had forgotten all about this being here, duh me!

I had a really lovely day at work yesterday, the BossLady bought me a 'happy birthday donut' (heehee, I love donuts!), then came home to be very spoiled-but-not-rotten by my beloved DH. =) And to top it all off, there was chocolate ice cream cake for dessert!! =)

I hope everyone else who shared the birthday day enjoyed a tenfold WONDERFUL day!!!

Thank you Patti, and Renee for the reminder that this forum is here! **blush**. < =D

Olympia, WA

Special greetings to those who shared the day - and thanks to DG peeps for acknowledging it!!!

Cioppino at favorite restaurant on the waterfront in Olympia!!!!!!
THAT was good - and company of son and DIL was magnificent!!!

Glad you had good company and good food!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

It's nice to hear that you all enjoyed your day! Sharon, I'll bet it feels good to get those pots all ready to go. You won't have to worry about it later!

Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I received several fun birthday gifts. Hubby gave me a bronze sculpture of two frogs playing leapfrog. They are a companion piece to some frogs playing pattycake that he had given me many years ago. These newest frogs have now taken their spot on the opposite corner of a short brick wall that surrounds our courtyard by the fishpond. Son gave me a Pinook massager that I have been lusting after for a while. It operates somewhat like a TENS unit to help relieve back aches, wrist pain, etc. after a long day in the garden. My parents somehow managed to find egg spoons in my flatware pattern... something I have wanted ever since we inherited a set of Spode china (with pedestal egg cups) from my husband's grandparents. Now I just need to master taking the tops off of the eggs without making a complete mess of things! Daughter and son-in-law will be in town next week and will be taking me out to dinner for a belated celebration. =)

I spent my bday playing in the garden... typical for a weekend. The weather's been hotter than usual, even for Louisiana, but the roses and clematis are still looking surprisingly good. The bearded irises in the front yard are hanging in there as well, with one of Walter Moores' lovely cultivars putting out the most recent bloom (proving that beardeds actually can grow in Louisiana with a bit of pampering). The Louisiana irises and most of the daylilies have completed their blooms for the season, but seem to all be healthy and happy. Unfortunately, most of the annuals are struggling due to the very early extreme heat and the "feast or famine" rains we've had. Most recently, the vegetables, especially the eggplant, are threatening to take over the rest of the garden. I must admit, I have exhausted my repertoire of eggplant recipes as well as my supply of neighbors willing to take some of these guys off my hands!!! All in all, it's been a good summer in this Deep South garden.

~Evey

Evey, glad to hear you had a great Birthday! Nice gifts too!

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Very nice!

San Diego, CA

I spent my birthday doing what I wanted to do...gardening. :)

Had dinner at a new restaurant on the ocean (JRDN) and among other gifts I got a butterfly puddler from my daughter and an electric chain saw and some new pruners from hubby.

It was a good day. :)

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I got an electric chain saw from my hubby but that was many years ago. Our neighbors were shocked. But I totally understand your joy. Sharon

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

LOL I bought myself one of those small battery-operated chain saws recently for small trees and fallen limbs. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

What's a butterfly puddler??

http://www.uncommongoods.com/product/butterfly-puddler

A shallow dish for butterflies to feed from.

Thumbnail by taters55
Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

Wonderful! What a fun thing to have in the garden! Thanks, Linda!

Russellville, AL(Zone 7a)

sorry it took so long to respond i lost interest in my gardening in july- aug now i am back at it

Melbourne, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm glad you are able to enjoy it now that it's not so hot outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images