Coffee Break # 84

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coming from here..... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270903/#new

Grab a cup of coffee, or if you prefer...a early morning swim with this little guy!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Spent yesterday out on the ocean, didn't catch a thing again but had a wonderful day anyway. I was blessed with seeing lots of seals like the little guy above and even a few porpoises. Passed a Maine Lighthouse, Fort Knox, and the new bridge with a built-in look out tower.

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Harper, thank you for posting that. You might be interested in this book written by my friend, Joy Gordon about the Iraq Sanctions - and the death they cause and that they never, ever do any good as far as averting armed conflict.
http://books.google.com/books?id=0Z1dyiDeRhUC&pg=PA104&lpg=PA104&dq=silent+war+joy+gordon&source=bl&ots=ImqTOoCtu6&sig=opCKMR8I5EduqSBNJ_ju_O5-0GM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dnUeUKnAFcX50gGly4GoDA&ved=0CGMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=silent%20war%20joy%20gordon&f=false

Good luck on the move and I hope that you put your clean underwear, toothpaste and deodorant where you can find them in the morning!

Peace and Plenty,
Memory

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good luck Harper!!!.. hope all goes smoothly!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Good luck with the move, Harp!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

same here harper.

Just watched that video and have to say it IS offensive, and worse. Insulting, naive and ludicrous quickly jump to mind. To say our service people are racists is disgusting. To say we treated them worse than Hussein is as idiotic as it is offensive. And as for the same old, tired, 60's hippie explanation for all wars - I'm still waiting for the cheap Iraqi oil we were going to steal. Please point me to these cheap gas stations cause they ain't in my neighborhood. Lastly, I heard MANY times that we would be occupying Iraq (and Afghanistan) forever - of course to exploit the people and resources, force our way of life on them, intimidate the neighboring countries, yada, yada. Last I checked, we are completely out of Iraq and will be out of the other one in two years.

Sorry - don't want to cause problems or initiate a long discussion of this taboo topic, but I felt this needed to be responded to.

Thomaston, CT

Hope your move went smoothly, Harper, & that you will be happy in your new home......War is hell, Victor, and there is great misery on all sides.... freedom from tyranny must be accomplished for all people.....as you know, my DH was in WW11, but he also had Quaker relatives, so he saw both sides of the argument.......there is no easy way.....we can only pray that peace will come for all of us.......

If that was the message of the video, I would have no problem whatsoever with it.

Thomaston, CT

Couldn't hear the message....no speakers.....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Just read this.......

CDC: West Nile season off to an early start
ATLANTA (AP) More serious illnesses from West Nile virus have been reported so far this year than any since 2004, health officials said Wednesday.

Through the end of July, 241 human cases have been reported in 22 states, including four deaths. Texas, especially around the Dallas area, has seen the bulk of them.

Health officials believe the mild winter, early spring and very hot summer have fostered breeding of the mosquitoes that spread the virus to people.

Most West Nile infections are reported in August and September, so it's not clear how bad this year will be. But it doesn't look good.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am glad we spent the money for that mosquito magnet... it's working I have had no bites in weeks!!!... I know it was really expensive.. but I figured for our health .. and the dogs.. it's worth it

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yup, I want one for the new house. :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

good idea.. I am sure with your ponds ... it will be worth it

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Kids go back to school in 2 weeks! can't come fast enough they are driving me NUTS

getting ready this week for daughter's 6th b-day party on Sunday, it's gonna be a beach party theme

Hope you have a smooth move Harper

Have to agree with Victor on that video

Tell me about it, Jen. Have had a countdown to school on my iPad for weeks now!

So horrible about that shooting. Seems no place is safe. What a world.

Trying to avoid the skeeter time as much as I can.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Off to the hospital tomorrow to begin a new road of trying to solve the extreme fatigue and pain riddle. Ultrasound, MRI, and more blood tests....then endocrinologist consult to see where we go from here. Our trip is very likely a no go, but I'm not giving up yet. If not this year, maybe next. I just want the answers and I will be able to deal with a solution. When you can't weed, it's time for answers. Latest blood tests were totally screwy. Pretty blooms, sweet puppies and a loving husband have helped the spirits every day, so it's all good. :)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Im sorry to hear that Louise, I thought you were kinda quiet lately. Prayers and best wishes for a solution. I'm glad your not giving up...stay positive!!

Thomaston, CT

Oh, Louise...I'm so sorry! Hopefully the doctors will find the cause....it took a long time to get a diagnosis when I was bitten by the tick....will be praying for you....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

hope they find the answers louise!!

the magnets do work although they are a sensitive piece of equipment - usually require a $100 tune up each year and the cost of the bait, trap, is crazy. we have one and it works most of the time although i just had to bring it in to charge the battery. west nile was found here in the last couple of weeks, no one has come down with it so far.

Oh Louise!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Best of luck Louise !!!! Hugs & prayers

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Good luck Louise, I hope you find an answer. Keeping you in my prayers and sending hugs (((♥)))

Well I have to agree on both the vidieo and the kids going back to school!
The girls go on vacation the last week of August then school starts. I'm exhausted LOL just plum run out of things to do with them!

Oh no, Louise! Was wondering why you were not posting more. So sorry to hear and praying for quick answers and remedies.

Anyone else stay up to watch the Mars landing? It was exciting.

Thomaston, CT

Not if it was past 11:00....zonked out, couldn't even read much last night.....

Landed about 1:30 AM.

Thomaston, CT

I was totally out.....last thing I watched on TV was the American vaulter land on her fanny.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Too much caffeine yesterday, was up till 4am!!!!!! but didn't have the tv on

Sorry Louise, praying they find an answer for you

Amazing photo from the sister satellite of Curiosity parachuting down to the Martian surface.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/multimedia/pia15978b.html

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my co-worker showed me a photo like that.. with mavin the martian's face added in.. made me giggle

Thomaston, CT

Quite a feat!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, guys, for all the great support and prayers. I know I haven't been able to keep up much, and that is a bummer, but I'll be back in the saddle sooner than later, I hope. I have tried very hard to ignore this and keep smiling, but it's time to see what is going on and fix it.....so my friend's daughter gave me a French manicure today and now I can face whatever! LOL. Thank you all again. Means so much!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

French manicures make everything easier to face. Love it. Time for answers. Praying

Thomaston, CT

Hope you feel better soon, Louise! Hug & kiss those babies of yours.....Sad situation here....a woman from town that I know, disappeared over a week ago...walked away from the doctor's office, hasn't been seen since....no money, phone, or meds....over 160 folks searching for her....she suffers from depression, so it doesn't look good.....

Oh no!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, dear, RD. Praying she is found.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh no, Marilyn....that is very sad. Lots of prayers this morning for lots of people....noticed I was saying thank you a lot as well, so life is very good!

Thomaston, CT

Thanks....her name is Barbara, I had both her girls in school, just a lovely family....they are just devastated.....

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

will pray for Babara .. so terrible

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.