Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Tomatoes: Help! Something Is Eating My Tomatoes

Communities > Forums > Tomatoes
bookmark
Forum: TomatoesReplies: 4, Views: 77
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lindaboom
New Harmony, UT
(Zone 5b)

August 5, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9230629

I have no idea what is eating my baby tomatoes. All of my tomato plants are affected.
I've inspected every inch of all the plants and can't find the culprit. Please help!!!

Thanks - Linda

Thumbnail by lindaboom
Click the image for an enlarged view.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

August 5, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9230768

Sorry, nothing is eating your tomatoes. Those flowers did not get pollinated so fell off. This mostly happens during hot weather.
Bernie
lindaboom
New Harmony, UT
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9231682

Thanks Bernie - I'm so glad it is'nt critter devastation. My tomatoes still have alot of blossoms
so hopefully I'll get a nice crop of tomatoes. Here in southern Utah the heat and humidity
have been fluctuating because of our monsoon season. I'm a first timer at growing tomatoes
so I tend to freak out easily. It's great to have such a wonderful support system as the folks
at DG.
Linda
hugobee
Montreal, QC
(Zone 5b)

August 6, 2012
6:22 PM

Post #9232319

Hi Linda, I had the same thing. Bernie's right, it's the heat and humidity and lack of pollination. I thought something was eating mine until I found dropped flowers.
Sharon
Sequee
Carmel, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 7, 2012
9:33 AM

Post #9233029

Add me to that list! Yours look very healthy, though, and lots more flowers and babies are a good thing! What a bizarre year...again!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tomatoes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blossom End Rot tiG 34 Mar 17, 2013 10:29 PM
TOMATOES ARE SPLITTING oblambert 31 Sep 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Principe Borghese/Juliet in containers? shane478 7 Feb 19, 2009 4:20 AM
Disease? Any idea what this is? BudZander 31 Apr 21, 2010 6:48 AM
Tree Tomato ?? faronell 10 Aug 3, 2007 1:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America