Photo by Melody

Article: Rain barrel accessories make water saving safe and convenient: Soaker hoses do work with a rain barrel

Communities > Forums > Article: Rain barrel accessories make water saving safe and convenient
bookmark
Forum: Article: Rain barrel accessories make water saving safe and convenientReplies: 4, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nerois5
Ramsey, NJ

August 6, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9231223

I use conventional soaker hoses with my rain barrel, which is elevated no more than 15". The barrel always empties down to the level of the spigot, and the total run of soaker hose is greater than 100 feet.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

August 6, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9232177

Thank you for posting that detailed information! I have ventured out of "things I have done and know well" to "using information from other sources." My source said conventional hoses wouldn't work. Mea culpa!
steadycam3
Houston Heights, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 6, 2012
11:47 PM

Post #9232593

My barrel does not push water out of two different types of soaker hoses Ive tried. What kind did you use, nerois?
mehitabel45
Whidbey Island, WA
(Zone 8b)

March 10, 2014
2:25 PM

Post #9786639

I have soaker hoses from Ace Hardware, and from WalMart. Water seeps out of the WalMart ones much faster than the others, but they also tear and degrade faster. YMMV.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2014
3:17 PM

Post #9786665

Good information.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Rain barrel accessories make water saving safe and convenient Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
the constructor.org may have malwar KanapahaLEW 1 Aug 6, 2012 4:47 PM
Nice article! jazzy1okc 1 Aug 6, 2012 7:01 AM
algae & scum dun1kirk 1 Aug 6, 2012 4:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America