Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cooking: bannas peppers

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 2, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cooksterann
Richmond, MI
(Zone 5a)

August 6, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9231263

i would like a recipe for bannas peppers like the ones used in subways not hot. thank you ahead of time .
planolinda
Plano, TX

August 20, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9247455

i would also like recipes for banana peppers. I have a lot!
one way i made them is to stuff them and then pour a half can of mild enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish--arrange the stuffed peppers (i used chopped carrot, celery, onion, cheese and cracker crumbs with seasonings) and then baked--turned out wonderful

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 6, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9267493

cooksterann, Look for recipes for pickled peppers, or pepperoncini. They're easy to make.

Pack jars with clean sweetened banana peppers with slits cut into the sides (or slice into rings); combine equal portions of water and vinegar and bring to a boil. Add 1 tsp. of salt per pint jar.

Pepperoncini peppers: Add a small clove (or two) of garlic to each pint, along with pouring 1 T. of olive oil to finish each jar (within 1/2 of the top).

TIP: a 1/4 tsp. sugar per pint jar will help tone down the acidic flavor just a bit (more like Subway's).

Process jars for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.

I'll be making mine tonight. Good luck with yours!
--
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America