Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Mosaics and Stained Glass: Plastic and glass...can it be done????

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 2, Views: 111
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jbhb
Palm Coast, FL

August 6, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9231598

I recently decided that my acrylic/plastic top patio table looked boring and decided to use some of the many, many pieces of scrap glass I have from stained glass projects. After spending hours placing the glass on the table top I realized I didn't know what products to use that would attach glass to plastic OR what grout to use either! Any suggestions would be great! The table will be outside but not exposed to any sunlight or rain as it is under the porch roof. Thanks in advance

Thumbnail by jbhb
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Serendipia
Hillside, NJ

August 7, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9232685

There's no need to worry about it, use Weldbond Adhesive to glue the glass to the patio table - that will do.
Speaking about grout most will say go for sandless, but by experience I'll definitely use sanded grout - you will get not headaches at all.
Best to you,
Norman.
Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

November 8, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9328074

How has the table held up? I did that to a couple of mine, glass on glass, and the only thing that has happened to them over the last couple of years, the glass got really dull and the grout needs more sealer. They are both under eaves ...

A.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 273 Aug 27, 2014 6:35 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America