Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pottery, Clay and Ceramics: New Pots4myPlants!

Communities > Forums > Pottery, Clay and Ceramics
bookmark
Forum: Pottery, Clay and CeramicsReplies: 5, Views: 46
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 7, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9232814

So I designed a self-watering planter for my hoya vines... This Kerri started as a cutting about a foot long in January of 2011, which I eventually stuffed into a small container made of two tiny plastic pots taped together and then put in a ceramic container that I made in Japan. The "Japanese" container doesn't have drainage holes, but as you can see the mineral deposits on it in the "before" pictures - it did let the water seep out. I was trying to make sure it pot-bound itself, because I'd read somewhere that it'll flower faster if pot-bound. Well, I didn't get a flower yet - and the plants wasn't as pot-bound as I was expecting it to be actually, but now I'm more entertained by the idea of training this plant to grow on the "trellis" I made for it than getting it to flower.

The new blue container is about 9 inches tall by itself, and the whole display is a little over 4 feet.

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots   Thumbnail by Plants4myPots   Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ItsMeChrissy
Union Grove, WI
(Zone 5b)

August 7, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9232895

Love the color and pattern on the new blue container, very nice indeed!
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

August 7, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9232986

Fantastic!
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 7, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9233110

I LOVE it!!!!!!
The texture of the blue pot is awesome!

Deb
Plants4myPots
Palm Bay, FL
(Zone 9b)

August 7, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #9233306

Thanks! If you like the pattern, you can shop online for it by Googling "Winton Graceful Vines", but don't use the quotation marks. The texture is from an impression mat used for decorating cakes with fondant. That particular one is especially nice, because it's a 20x20" square, so you can pattern a lot of slab all at once. I don't know if you can buy them in most stores, but there's loads of places on the internet selling them.

mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 7, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9233336

It is beautiful!!!!!
Deb.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Pottery, Clay and Ceramics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kiln fired clay questions... WUVIE 144 Sep 1, 2009 3:13 PM
Claylovers' Topics: Bios / Work / Glazes / Firings, etc! #2 zenpotter 66 Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM
Pottery,clay jcoats123 25 Jan 11, 2009 3:01 AM
Pottery,clay,ceramics,kilns, firing, sculpture, etc. jcoats123 192 Sep 10, 2009 7:52 PM
completed one pot jcoats123 6 Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America